SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
As the subject - anyone know?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
It's been discussed over on the DCS forums. Don't think so, though. The last time I printed a manual was for Falcon 4.0 and it was expensive in black and white - it would cost a fortune in color. Still sitting on my shelf, too, after +10 years...

Check out the DCS stuff - here.

If you have a PDF reader for your smart phone/pad you could put it on to that...

WC

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
Thx. I have a HP Tablet and I can read PDFs on it - but there's something about a manual...I don't even read them from cover to cover - just for reference. But I love a nice big manual. That's why I've not followed everyone onto the Kindle and the like.

I just thought they did a manual for DCS - I bought and paid for that I would've done the same for A-10

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
W
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
Smooth Operator
Hotshot
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,111
I printed out parts of it, some big sections, in fact. But now I just have a dozen pages stapled together. But I still have to crack open the manual once in a while.

Airdromes data
SAM threat ranges
Keyboard commands
..

Oh yeah, there is another link - this is where the pages I still use regularly come from -
Toby23's Combined Document Pack

WC


Last edited by Wrecking Crew; 04/16/12 06:41 PM. Reason: Toby23's link
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,042
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,042
They put out spiral bound versions for Flamig Cliffs and BlackShark so it seems somewhat likely. What they produced was B+W with some colored text and they sold for $29.99 IIRC.


ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
I love my BS manual!

Thx Wrecking Crew - I have my tablet so I'll keep using that until they release one (if at all). I regularly have to reference the manual.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
I hope that its available in color, or at least the pages that have critical information and pictures.


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted By: *Panther*
I hope that its available in color, or at least the pages that have critical information and pictures.


BS manual was in b/w, and it's something I don't even think about when reading it. I think the cost of colour was considered prohibitive - most people keen enough to pay for colour would already have paid for a custom job.
There was someone in this DCS thread talking about organising a bulk print run for colour A-10 manual if you're really interested.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
If you do your own inkjet printer refills you could print your own manual for cheap, and FULL COLOR, then just have it ring-bound.

I printed mine off from University biggrin

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,346
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,346
I hope not, I just gave Staples my copy order RTFM


Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,670 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1