Vicente Fernandez rocks. I need to pick up some of his CDs. They've got them at Walmart under the "del Norte" music section.
Cheers!
Rick...
"We are extending ourselves in Space and Time not because of capitalism or socialism but in spite of them. The Right/Left Capitalist/Socialist establishments are psychologically unprepared for our emerging situation in Time and Space." - F. M. Esfandiary, Upwingers
That's Scots-Gaelic my friend......I know this to be true.
Matheson? I'm a 'Matthewson', believe it or not. Same thing. A Patronymic name, down the ages....Danish 'Matthiessen' involved too in the bloodlines.
Big Jolly Geordie Viking, and Proud.
Anyways....Here is an artist I admire absolutely. Troubadour. If you do one thing this year musically....Give this absolute f*cking GENIUS a listen. Breathtakingly beautiful music....No doubt.
I nearly said 'RIP', but that does not apply. The tunes are Eternal. Rock on, the force is strong in this one. Big up to Lee 'Scratch' Perry too....legend.
Want some Folk? No problem.
Polymath. He could do it all.
Enjoy, and take care of one another in this new year. Best way tae be.
Last edited by Biggles07; 01/02/1202:52 AM. Reason: Let them eat Hake........
Beacon Theatre security was pretty tight on Friday & Saturday night, so there's not much decent video I've found just yet. I'll post a few that have passable picture & sound. There is lots of good audio on the various torrents, if you care to check it out.
First up a nice bit of "32/20 Blues" from the 2nd set on Friday night. Hook Herrera, Jimmy Vivino & Nigel Hall join in.
12/30/11 Beacon Theatre, NYC
It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember When the news of revolution hit the air The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters When the boys started cutting off their hair
The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough It ought to have a proper home Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$# About the goings on in self destructive zones
Also from the 2nd set Friday night, "Working Class Hero," with Herrera & Vivino joining in.
12/30/11 Beacon Theatre, NYC
It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember When the news of revolution hit the air The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters When the boys started cutting off their hair
The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough It ought to have a proper home Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$# About the goings on in self destructive zones
"Smokestack Lightning" jam from 2nd set on Friday. Herrera, Vivino, & David Hidalgo join in.
12/30/11 Beacon Theatre, NYC
To open the 2nd set on Friday, there was a very nice rendition of Pink Floyd's "One of These Days">>>"Fearless." Also a good rendition of Bob Marley's "Lively Up Yourself" in the 1st set. So far, no decent video of either.
It was 1990, give or take, I don't remember When the news of revolution hit the air The girls hadn't even started taking down our posters When the boys started cutting off their hair
The radio stations all decided angst was finally old enough It ought to have a proper home Dead, fat, or rich, nobody�s left to #%&*$# About the goings on in self destructive zones