SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,900
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,900
Just installed my new 6950 and both DCS titles I own are showing white flashing squares, doesnt happen in ArmA, not tried other games yet... had a quick google about it, and it also pops up on the ED forums as a problem thats appeared after 11.6 version drivers...

anyone here had same issue? any known work around for it? not the end of the world, as first thought it was a dodgy card, but I don't seem to be alone with this issue


"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
----------------------------------
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,169
D
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN
Member
Hard, Fair, Play to WIN
Member
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,169
Roll back to earlier drivers if you can.


Dusty Rhodes

Fight Fair! Fight to have fun! Fight to WIN!

Win 7 Pro, Intel i7 4790K OC'd to 4.6 Gigs, EVGA GTX Titan 6 GB Memory and ASUS GTX Titan 6 GB Memory, 32 Gigs Tri Channel Ballistix RAM, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and HOTAS Cougar, TrackIR 5, Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,583
L
Old Guy
Member
Old Guy
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 1,583
Originally Posted By: valleyboy
Just installed my new 6950 and both DCS titles I own are showing white flashing squares, doesnt happen in ArmA, not tried other games yet... had a quick google about it, and it also pops up on the ED forums as a problem thats appeared after 11.6 version drivers...

anyone here had same issue? any known work around for it? not the end of the world, as first thought it was a dodgy card, but I don't seem to be alone with this issue



http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=77371

Many of us have the same issue in Black Shark and A10-C. The only workaround at this time seems to be to use the 11.6 drivers until ATI/AMD acknowledge the issue and fix it in a later driver. Don't forget to let ATI/AMD know about the issue.


Core i9 10900k @ 5.0GHz
Corsair H115i CPU cooler
Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula
Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 OC 8GB DDR6
32GB Team T-Force Night Hawk DDR4 3200,
Corsair HX850i 850W PSU
TIR5 With Trackclip Pro
Win 10 x64
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
You can also disable HDR in the in-game menu. That would take care of the flashes until it gets fixed by AMD.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Hmmm... I'm using latest drivers in my 5770, but not noticed any artifacts. Any screenies?

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
Affects only the 69XX series.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
I will take you to Jabba
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,465

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,900
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,900
Installed the 11.6 drivers, artifacts are gone, but so is HDR... to get HDR back I just alt-tab out and back in again, and it comes back... though not the end of the world, its far better than having those white squares pop up about the place!

Cheers


"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
----------------------------------
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 64
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 64

Last edited by Peter_P; 09/14/13 01:45 PM.

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,904 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1