SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#3470659 12/09/11 05:33 AM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 378
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 378

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 576
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 576
Quote:
the problem is not financial or programming. I can not tell more.


Well, that...doesn't sound promising.

WTF??

EDIT: Although someone asked him if there was a risk of the patch being cancelled entirely, or if this was just a delay, and the response was 'just a delay'.

But, whatever the reason is, worked has stopped on it.

pitchafit

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
J
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
Frugalite & P-38 fan
Senior Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3,812
A side project with an "all hands on deck" call?

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,130
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,130
From BlackSix:
Quote:
Tonight will be the Friday update. Ilya answer questions that have been collected here and in the forum Sukhoi.ru.

Hopefully some good news...

Last edited by EagleEye[GER]; 12/09/11 10:00 AM.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
Hardly "official" news...


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
P
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer
Hotshot
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
Since BlackSix is the community manager for the Russian forum and Luthier's communication with the community is kinda... meagre I take that as official as it gets.

I still check in here or in the Banana forum every now and then in the hope of CloD finally becoming enjoyable for me but week, no, month after month I keep getting disappointed.

If we get the Battle for Moscow addon before we get a patch that fixes the most basic problems of CloD I'll be finished with 1c for good.


"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 378
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 378
Para i agreed 100%

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
H
Senior Member
Senior Member
H Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 3,745
Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum
Since BlackSix is the community manager for the Russian forum and Luthier's communication with the community is kinda... meagre I take that as official as it gets.

I still check in here or in the Banana forum every now and then in the hope of CloD finally becoming enjoyable for me but week, no, month after month I keep getting disappointed.

If we get the Battle for Moscow addon before we get a patch that fixes the most basic problems of CloD I'll be finished with 1c for good.


That's unfortunate because the patches have made it playable on most rigs with decent vcard ram, what is holding your rig back from playing it?

Or is it gameplay, because there I can sympathise... The AI is limited, stock campaigns suck, user or third party made content takes time to ramp up.

H


[Linked Image]
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,064
Likes: 19
K
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,064
Likes: 19
Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum


..If we get the Battle for Moscow addon before we get a patch that fixes the most basic problems of CloD I'll be finished with 1c for good.


I wouldn't think they could proceed with BfM before they fix CoD since it is an expansion based on the same engine it would inherit the faults of the original.


Win 11 Pro
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM
MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
P
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer
Hotshot
Oberkriegkaboomf�hrer
Hotshot
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 8,771
Originally Posted By: HeinKill
Or is it gameplay, because there I can sympathise...


It's the gameplay. Performance-wise the game has been running OK-ish for me since one of the first patches (corei-5 2500k @4GHZ, 8 GB RAM, GTX 470) despite a number of still not fixed technical problems.

But the AI, FMs, lack of working radio commands, lack of working weather system, the bomber controls, the campaign and a host of other issues just make the game not enjoyable for me.

Considering I bought the collector's edition more than 9 months ago I think my frustration with the game and the developers is understandable. But then I'm starting to just don't care any more.


"...late afternoon the Air Tasking Order came in [and] we found the A-10 part and we said, "We are going where!? We are doing what!?"

Capt. Todd Sheehy, Hog pilot, on receiving orders during Operation Desert Storm

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
It will be interesting to see what was their reason/s for putting the patch on hold.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
A
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
Originally Posted By: Para_Bellum

Considering I bought the collector's edition more than 9 months ago I think my frustration with the game and the developers is understandable. But then I'm starting to just don't care any more.


I kinda got there a couple of years before the release. I stopped waiting.

However, I'm happy now. If one takes things as they are it can be easier

Ah, desire - it leads to unfulfillment, doesn't it?

.

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 389
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 389
Well it doesn't have to.

It depends how much your expectations are toyed with, or tempered. Which in turn defends on how they are fed.

I didn't get into these games to constantly lower my expectations towards the floor.

Ben

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,545
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,545
Does not sound good at all at the moment. Why delay/stop on working to get the sim fixed and it`s not a financial or programming problem.
It rally does not sound good at all !! Any body else thinking "lets launch the lifeboats before the ship sinks" theme here ?


Paul


Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 825
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 825
Quote:
and it`s not a financial or programming problem.


Well, perhaps the current engine is unsalvageable and they have to start from scratch?

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,545
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,545
Wasn`t the current engine a replacement for the original ? or am i thinking of another sim ?

Paul


Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m�d,
Dros ryddid collasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra m�r yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,064
Likes: 19
K
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,064
Likes: 19
Quote:

BlackSix
Member

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Moscow, Russian Federation
Posts: 55
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Sorry to push it but can we expect the patch for Xmas or should we expect the patch next year?
There are some chances to make a beta version later this year. I would not wait for the final patch, but this is my personal opinion. This is not official information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo65 View Post
Thanks for keeping us informed BlackSix.

Have to say though that I'm more concerned about this unexplained delay (not due to coding issues or finances we have been told) than about some of the other panics that have flared on the forums in the last year.

I understand the incessant pressure from members here for news, but all too often the devs seem to end up shooting themselves in the foot by making some announcement, creating anticipation and excitement and then...squandering that excitement and enthusiasm by not handling whatever delays or difficulties are encountered very well.

The current situation is a good example. The information blackout as to the true situation probably has good reasons behind it, but as public relations it is pretty disastrous.

I realise there is an element of 'damned if they do, damned if they don't' here, but as a fan of this game it is discouraging to see good news and good will too often squandered by poor communication of the (often inevitable) difficulties encountered in developing complex software.
I feel very great pressure on this issue.
When Ilya has announced a new content patch (18 November) it was impossible to predict subsequent events.
I think now that the best solution would be total silence. Rumors - this is much worse than no information.


Jumping to conclusions doesn't make it so..if you read what is written it doesn't say anything to support the idea that development is halted or that we won't get a patch just a lot of people trying to draw their own conclusions from a few tidbits of info...

Last edited by KRT_Bong; 12/12/11 04:31 PM.

Win 11 Pro
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM
MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 588
B
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver
Member
Currently using: Occams Electric Shaver
Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 588
Jumping to conclusions, is certainly not the way to go for sure. Blacksix has posted that the halt is 'temporal' so I think its simply a case of watch this space and Thanks for at least letting us know. Communication is what we all wanted after all.


"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand." - A calypso.

i5 [email protected] | MSI P67A-GD53 | 8G DDR3 Corsair@1600 | Gainward GLH 460x2 SLI oc | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Antec Truepower New 750W PSU | Win 7 64bit | Black Widow HOTAS | Freetrack 2.2/PS3 eyetoy

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,064
Likes: 19
K
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
It's KRT not Kurt
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,064
Likes: 19
This more than anything is why the internet is a pitfall for a lot of people. One or more people draw the wrong conclusion or just like to stir things up with their heavy handed criticism and they make a statement that others take as fact and then is followed by angry forum threads denouncing the product and saying they've been ripped-off and wanting to rile everyone else up as much as they can. Others looking for true information because they are researching a title to purchase see these posts and thinking they must be legit also spread the word so the title ends up being killed by the lack of sales do to basically false information. I bought the title and I bought it because I wanted to see for myself fully knowing it might not run on my machine. In fact people told me what I had wouldn't be able to, and without any tweaking and setting my axis I jumped in and was pleasantly surprised to find out you know what? I can run it and not all the criticism is unfounded but it can be made better and probably will be. I don't believe anything I see in the Dev forums unless a Dev is writing it. One vocal person in a Forum thread tweaking about his problem being the end of the game for him doesn't mean he hasn't got an issue, he's just resorted to written kicking and screaming about something he doesn't understand how to fix.
It's hard to sometimes differentiate what is being written by a rational adult and an irrational teen. Not that I think we have that problem here but on the banana boards with translations and guessing they come up with some wild speculation sometimes.


Win 11 Pro
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM
MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,498
Likes: 36
F
I'm just a
Senior Member
I'm just a
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,498
Likes: 36
Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
spread the word so the title ends up being killed by the lack of sales do to basically false information.


Thats the spirit! CLOD's issues are all the gamers fault and those of us having issues are just spreading false rumors. Well, us gamers and about a dozen gaming review sites.

Originally Posted By: KRT_Bong
he's just resorted to written kicking and screaming about something he doesn't understand how to fix.


Yes, we all know the flight sim crowd is the most ignorant when it comes to computers. We don't know how to troubleshoot anything, we just throw up our hands at the first sign of trouble and go to a forum and start bashing.

It's this kind of "blinders on" thinking that is killing flight sims. Just because a few people can run a sim decent, the rest of us must be morons that don't know what their doing. Nice.


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,722 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1