SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 78
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 78
It would be really really great if the developers would tell us if I can install this patch from their website for the STEAM release of the game. I'm holding off until it's officially cleared up...

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 517
1
Flyin' it like I Stole it......Always!
Member
Flyin' it like I Stole it......Always!
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 517
Originally Posted By: JG53_Jaguar
It would be really really great if the developers would tell us if I can install this patch from their website for the STEAM release of the game. I'm holding off until it's officially cleared up...


Yes you can smile

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=74733

Alternative option would be to download the full version and install. The STEAM serial will work just as well for the purposes of activation on a non-STEAM version of the SIM.



Airframe #36
159th Guards Aviation Regiment
"Airspeed, Altitude, or Brains; you always need at least two."
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 78
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 78
Thanks Viper, I think I will wait for the Steam update...

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 117
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 117
I am getting a lot of floating terrain graphics over the mountains which I can fly through/under with an nvidia graphics card. This is definitely new to this release. Anyone else seeing this?

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
It is a bug with the tree shadows. Known issue.

Nate

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 20
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 20
the tree shadows are really annoying

they're so obvious I'm amazed they escaped through testing

Nate #3310275 06/03/11 06:10 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 117
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 117
Ok - good to know. Is there any setting that will remove them at this time? They really are distracting.

Originally Posted By: Nate
It is a bug with the tree shadows. Known issue.

Nate

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Originally Posted By: Killjoy12
Ok - good to know. Is there any setting that will remove them at this time? They really are distracting.

Originally Posted By: Nate
It is a bug with the tree shadows. Known issue.

Nate

Turn the tree slider to 0?


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 117
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 117
I'll have to look into that again. I tried it, but I thought I could not get the slider to go to zero.


Originally Posted By: *Panther*
Originally Posted By: Killjoy12
Ok - good to know. Is there any setting that will remove them at this time? They really are distracting.

Originally Posted By: Nate
It is a bug with the tree shadows. Known issue.

Nate

Turn the tree slider to 0?

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
It's a guess, I have no clue it that works.
Originally Posted By: Killjoy12
I'll have to look into that again. I tried it, but I thought I could not get the slider to go to zero.


Originally Posted By: *Panther*
Originally Posted By: Killjoy12
Ok - good to know. Is there any setting that will remove them at this time? They really are distracting.

Originally Posted By: Nate
It is a bug with the tree shadows. Known issue.

Nate

Turn the tree slider to 0?


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 117
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 117
I tried again; the slider does not go to zero. At its lowest setting, the shadow issue is still present.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Odd. However there is a hot fix in the work to remove the tree shadows. Expect it next week.


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 43
1
Junior Member
Junior Member
1 Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 43
When the sun is low the trees shadows look amazing on the fields. This patch is definitely a step forward in the visuals department (using a Radeon 5970 with HDR off).

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 343
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 343
I love the cockpit shadows and tree shadows, haven't seen anything weird yet.. looks beautiful! ( HDR on soft)


Why do people think flight sims are nerdy???
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,900
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,900
I assume the cockpit shadows only work when the main shadows slider is set to full ? As I get no cockpit shadows with the slider set to low, and cockpit shadows set to on ?

THough, with shadows set to low, don't get any of the tree shadow issues


"The engines are overheating, and so am I!!, we either make a move, or blow up!, So which is it to be?!"
----------------------------------
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 239
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 239
Originally Posted By: valleyboy
I assume the cockpit shadows only work when the main shadows slider is set to full ? As I get no cockpit shadows with the slider set to low, and cockpit shadows set to on ?

THough, with shadows set to low, don't get any of the tree shadow issues


With cockpit shadows box checked, I get shadows in low, med or high settings. Sometimes the shadow effects are subtle depending on the position of the sun in relation to the cockpit and also if there is any obstruction to the sunlight (clouds). In bright sunlight the shadows are much easier to spot than in subdued lighting. The effect is fantastic! Try looking at the cockpit floor and then rolling the aircraft, you may see the effect easier.

Cheers


The most important thing in fighting was shooting, next the various tactics in coming into a fight and last of all flying ability itself.

� Lt. Colonel W. A. 'Billy' Bishop, RCAF.

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook version 8c now available for download here:
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 20
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 20
I know its the a major issue but anyone finding alt-tab much more fickle in this version ?

ie alt-tab to read an email or something - alt-tab back andmuch higher chance now of the game bombing out

I'm sure before it used to be quite tolerant

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 19
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 19
Has anyone noticed the HOTAS visual feedback in the cockpit for the TMS and DMS are now wrong? Functionally, everything seems to be working fine, but the virtual stick in game shows the wrong input feedback. What I mean is if I hit HOTAS TMS-UP, the virtual cockpit shows me HOTAS TMS-LEFT on the stick. I have a TM Warthog, so it's pretty easy for me to notice the visual disparity. Basically, both switches are rotated 45 degrees counter-clockwise.

If it matters, I have the Steam version of the game and I let it automatically update me to 1.1.0.8.


CPU: i7 930 @ Stock
Memory: 12GB DDR3-2000 A.DATA XPG
GPU: EVGA NVidia 460GTX 1GB Superclocked @ 763Mhz
OS: Windows 7 Pro 64b
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage III Gene
Inputs: TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog #7318; Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals; 2x Cougar MFD
Sims: Jane's IAF; Jane's USAF; Jane's F/A-18; LockOn Platinum(FC2); DCS: Black Shark; DCS: A-10 Warthog; Wings of Prey; Flight Simulator X: Gold
Satisfaction: Extreme
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 517
1
Flyin' it like I Stole it......Always!
Member
Flyin' it like I Stole it......Always!
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 517
Originally Posted By: EbonySeraphim
....but the virtual stick in game shows the wrong input feedback. What I mean is if I hit HOTAS TMS-UP, the virtual cockpit shows me HOTAS TMS-LEFT on the stick. I have a TM Warthog, so it's pretty easy for me to notice the visual disparity....


Known bug already fixed for 1.1.0.9.


Airframe #36
159th Guards Aviation Regiment
"Airspeed, Altitude, or Brains; you always need at least two."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,943 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1