SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 45 of 78 1 2 … 43 44 45 46 47 … 77 78
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Originally Posted By: elephant_
You have to go to Configuration then to Configuration Parameters: GUI and edit the directory by yourself to point to your game's data folder.
Here is an example of mine:




D�OH! Of course...

THANKS!


Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 599
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 599
Pat, I don't know how often you check out the RoF forum's thread on your CG, but there is a guy over there with problems creating a mission. If you see this, can you peek in on that?

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=255635#p255635

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 615
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 615
Is it possible to go back to version 8? I have the opposing mission odds set to 100, but with version 9 there have been multiple sorties without any enemy aircraft in our flight path. Version 8 worked great, and the windsock wasn't in the way.

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,256
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,256
Hi Pat,

I'm thinking I know the answer, but will the new villages/encampments show up in your campaign missions?
Quote:
As I have mentioned before, I have hired SYN_Vander to spruce up the ROF Western Front Map and he has come through in spades. He has added over 250+ Towns/Villages and 150+ Army Encampments to the basic Western Front map. These will be visible in Career and QMB by default. You can also add them to custom missions if you wish. What's cool is that Vander has learned how to add the Substrate textures under the buildings so it is not just a town in a field. Vander has also added hundreds of farms to the landscape. Below are some sample images and the big map shows ALL of the towns and encampments that have been added. Again, this is on top of what already exists.

BTW, thanks Vander, Jason, and other devs, this is a milestone update we've got coming!

RoFfan, PM me your email and I can send you the earlier version if you still want it. I'm silly about keeping old versions of most things, just in case...


4x2.66 GHz Xeons, XFX 4870 1 GB, 11 GB DDR2 RAM, Win7 Pro x64, 120 GB OCZ Vertex2 (MLC, Sandforce)
26" VIZIO 1920x1200, Logitech FF 3D Pro, CH pedals, Track IR4
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
ROFFan - in addition to increasing the percentage of opposition missions, also increase the maximum number of opposition misisons (make it something silly like 100). This will make every mission an opposition missiona nd increase the odds of contact. Fuurther, decrease friendly flights in favor of more enemy flights to further increase enemyair activity.

I thought that version 8 was still upon WoH, but maybe I'm wrong.

One thing that I am curious about: some have said that there is plenty of action while others say that there is not enough inversion 9. I am trying to understand the conflicting point of views.

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 615
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 615
Maybe it has to do with which side you fly for? In a German campaign my flight of 3 Albies was swamped by at least 9 Camels that came in two waves only a couple of minutes apart. Now I have an N17 campaign and the concentration of CP opponents is very thin. I have the number of aircraft at the default of 15 each, but in past experience, changing those values has never had an effect.

I'll change the setting for the number of opposing missions and see if that helps.

Thanks!

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Originally Posted By: RoFfan
Maybe it has to do with which side you fly for? In a German campaign my flight of 3 Albies was swamped by at least 9 Camels that came in two waves only a couple of minutes apart. Now I have an N17 campaign and the concentration of CP opponents is very thin. I have the number of aircraft at the default of 15 each, but in past experience, changing those values has never had an effect.

I'll change the setting for the number of opposing missions and see if that helps.

Thanks!


There are base and additional allied and central flight parameters. Increase the number of central flights (base). If performance is a concern then decrease the number of allied flights in a corresponding fashion. The base parameters are slanted to produce a bit more allied activity than central. The difference is not huge but it might be enough to make allied campaigns a bit less active.

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 615
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 615
Your advice to change the number of opposing flights did the trick! Now my flight of N17s was swamped! I'll toy with it some more to find a reasonable balance. Thanks again.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,591
Likes: 41
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,591
Likes: 41
This may be a stupid question but where can I download the latest version of this campaign (9.3?)

Thanks,

RedToo.


My 'Waiting for Clod' thread: https://tinyurl.com/4n82j75z

Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
Elie Wiesel. Romanian born Jewish writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, Holocaust survivor. 1928 - 2016.

Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. C.S. Lewis, 1898 - 1963.
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 42
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 42
Originally Posted By: RedToo
This may be a stupid question but where can I download the latest version of this campaign (9.3?)

Thanks,

RedToo.


http://www.wingsofhonour.com/forums/ipboard/index.php?/files/file/7-rofcampaignzip/


core2quad q9550 2.833ghz
4gb ddr2
HD7850 2gb
U2211H monitor
Trackir5
Ch pedals
Ch fighterstick
Buttkicker Gamer2

Wishlist:
Rift VR Headset
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,591
Likes: 41
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,591
Likes: 41
Originally Posted By: meuhey
Originally Posted By: RedToo
This may be a stupid question but where can I download the latest version of this campaign (9.3?)

Thanks,

RedToo.


http://www.wingsofhonour.com/forums/ipboard/index.php?/files/file/7-rofcampaignzip/



Thanks very much,

RedToo.


My 'Waiting for Clod' thread: https://tinyurl.com/4n82j75z

Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
Elie Wiesel. Romanian born Jewish writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, Holocaust survivor. 1928 - 2016.

Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. C.S. Lewis, 1898 - 1963.
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,256
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,256
Patrick,
At this time when so much attention is being paid to the new official RoF campaign (and most rightfully so), I'm going to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your campaign mission generator and efforts into refining it over the months/years.

Thanks for all the great missions and fun times! And BTW, I do plan to continue to use your program because my internet access is limited at times (long sordid story biggrin ). Also love being able to tinker with it to suit my needs, just going back to my SF and FE years.

beercheers


4x2.66 GHz Xeons, XFX 4870 1 GB, 11 GB DDR2 RAM, Win7 Pro x64, 120 GB OCZ Vertex2 (MLC, Sandforce)
26" VIZIO 1920x1200, Logitech FF 3D Pro, CH pedals, Track IR4
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 1
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 1
The new beta Career has to offer some fancy GUI and is a Giant leap forward, compared to what we had before but still,
Pat's Campaign is more immersive and rich... yep
I would like to see Pat keep on supporting RoF Campaign project... thumbsup

Last edited by elephant_; 06/10/11 05:43 AM.

WOFF UE, BOC member, Albatros pilot.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910
Member
Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,910
Originally Posted By: elephant_
The new beta Career has to offer some fancy GUI and is a Giant leap forward, compared to what we had before but still,
Pat's Campaign is more immersive and rich... yep
I would like to see Pat keep on supporting RoF Campaign project... thumbsup


same here!!! thumbsup

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 179
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 179
Hi, I can't seem to be able to download the 9.3 version from the WOH site, any clues and yes I'm logged in. Thanks.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Yes, me too.. I get to the download page and it won't allow me to download when I click on the link.
I've registered and logged in as well..
Pat may be away or something or the administrator has gone on holiday..lol!
Does anyone have another link, or can someone put it up via another site as I'd love to try this one out! smile

Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 203
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 203
Same here I cant get to the download page..........

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 270
Member
Member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 270
Same problem here. Anyone here that can share it possibly?



I think when we register, the admin has to manually approve after the auto register. Will try later.

Last edited by rtoolooze262; 06/13/11 02:58 PM.
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 152
O
An Ace in de Skys
Member
An Ace in de Skys
Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 152
Here is the link that I have used...

http://www.wingsofhonour.com/forums/ipboard/index.php?/files/

And, Yes, you have to be a registered Wings of Honor forum member.

OlPaint

Last edited by OlPaint; 06/13/11 08:00 PM.

Within this vale
Of toil
And sin
Your head grows bald
But not your chin - use
Burma-Shave
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Yes mate, we have all registered and logged in, but no one can get permission to download the file, thats why we are asking for someone to put it up on mediafire or something, because no one seems to be manning the actual site that the link provides.

Page 45 of 78 1 2 … 43 44 45 46 47 … 77 78

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,330 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1