SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
Has anyone else found their screenshots aren't working anymore?

I turned off FSAA, to see how many extra frames it would give me (about 6 at 2560 x 1600) and I swear it looks better.

However, I'm getting more stuttery jerkiness than before. And the white edges on buildings shimmer/glitter horribly. Also some buildings are failing to load now, I'm seeing only their foundations (half a village in one case).


Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 322
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 322
Well this beta is pants.

Crashes as soon as it start to load a mission.

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,685
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,685
Screenshots are working for me - this just taken (post-patch) from the SYN MP. Haven't evaluated FSAA yet. FFB seems a little more consistent.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit, Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 512.95, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
No issues, but I did (as per paranoia per usual) delete the

Your Documents / SoftClub 1C / IL2 thingy / cache

directory before starting. Any changes in shaders cache files would cause chaos, as the devs don't seem to version them. Perhaps they never expected to provide a patch after the initial release? smile

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
Deleted mine too but no difference.


Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
A
Check out my
Senior Member
Check out my
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,462
Glad to hear the team is getting some off time. Zombies don't exactly write the best code, but refreshed, happy programmers do smile


My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION


A
anon
Unregistered
anon
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Has anyone else found their screenshots aren't working anymore?


Yep frown

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 112
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 112
Patch is not much use for me..stutters are back...full screen AA still cant be forced through Nvidia inspector...no real game changing or life changing changes! ..there just seems more stutters and less fluidity overall....

A
anon
Unregistered
anon
Unregistered
A
I just reverted my install as I found the same, it was running pretty much stutter free for me before the patch and was not post patch, I also started getting graphical errors such as I've seen posted a few times by others.

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 542
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 542
Originally Posted By: WernerVoss
Has anyone else found their screenshots aren't working anymore?



I have the same problem.

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
9
Member
Member
9 Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
Played for an hour online - the CEM has definitely been tweaked for the better. The variable prop pitch on the Hurricane Rotol and Spitfire 1a makes for a high workload but much more control on when to go 'zoom' and when to go 'pop'.

Still don't understand how the mixture on the Hurricane could be left inverted, you'd think at least one person at 1C would have flown it and noticed, i.e. 'lets take off at mixture 0%' with a big analog and digital indicator sitting there...

Latest beta is working ok for me - it seems like a lottery and I at least got my dollar/quid back.

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 756
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 756
Great to see the next beta patch when I got home this evening. Installed smoothly. Screenres fixed. FPS seemed good. Some stutters but not terrible. No big freezes. Looking pretty.

Altitude FM issues unchanged for Hurri DH prop.

Work involved jack hammer most of day. Beer then sleep must have I. No more CloD today. S!

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 779
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 779
Game definately improved for me. I feel these guys are heading in the right direction.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 721
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 721
Don't know if this is a bug with this patch, or some strange user error, but when I go to Extras->Tracks I get a window with the options "Select" and "Back" and that's all except for a background image. Pressing "Select" nothing at all happens. There are 4 tracks in the "records" folder, however.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,222
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,222
Problems seen for me.

I spotted what looked like a bunch of contacts - but they were wellington crewmen hovering in mid-air mid channel.

I also tried to skip bomb a ship in a 109. Dropped the bomb (assume so, didn't see any confirmation) and turned around to watch the target - framerate dropped down to single digits, then seconds per frame, then disconnected from the server.

I could rejoin the server afterwards.


What WW2 Fighter pilots say about Angels and Airspeed:

"Nice job of getting down to the basics - love your choice of a cover!" Col. Clarence 'Bud' Anderson

"I have enjoyed reading angels and airspeed, it should prove good reading for all interested in combat tactics and their application related to the fluid air environment and state of technology in WWII years. All the best as you make it available." - Col. Charles McGee - Tuskegee Airman

NEVER ENGAGE STUPID.
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 11
F
Junior Member
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 11
Hello all- worse stutters for me with the beta, I was running almost smooth with the pre- beta patch. A bug I noticed- when selecting a mission, the information breifing screen does not display the correct mission orders.

My specs: ASUS P6X58D Premium Mother Board, i7930 (2.8) OC to 4.0, ATI 5870 2g Ram Card, 12g Ram DDR3 SDRAM 1600 Memory

Good Luck to all- this sim is getting to where it is supposed to be. Congratulations to the team!

Last edited by Feros; 04/28/11 02:13 PM.
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 53
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 53
I have more stutters or lag with the new patch. also engines seem to have less power on same settings I would use prior to patch that gave me great performance. spit 1 engine smokes up and quits with little negative g. have to restart engine in dives.


[img]http://rank.net63.net/rofall/8AEEBB2D-7B77-4DB3-9DF5-309DB9E4828D.png[img]
A
anon
Unregistered
anon
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: bjorn
Don't know if this is a bug with this patch, or some strange user error, but when I go to Extras->Tracks I get a window with the options "Select" and "Back" and that's all except for a background image. Pressing "Select" nothing at all happens. There are 4 tracks in the "records" folder, however.


Have you got 'disable visual themes' checked on the launcher.exe compatibility tab? if so uncheck it.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 721
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 721
Originally Posted By: anon
Originally Posted By: bjorn
Don't know if this is a bug with this patch, or some strange user error...


Have you got 'disable visual themes' checked on the launcher.exe compatibility tab? if so uncheck it.


Got it. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,744 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1