SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 620
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 620
Originally Posted By: Rick_Rawlings
Does anybody know how this is going to work when the dynamic campaign is released? Will you be able to specify start and stop dates to avoid planes you don't have? Or will it substitute a plane you do have from that time period so you can continue the campaign? Or will you have to purchase planes for the whole war period to make sure you are covered?

Thanks for the feedback,

RR


Interesting question although I haven't thought of this as I own them all smile

Jason, can you provide anything on this yet and how it will work for folks who have just a few planes?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
You just keep flying the older plane if you don't have the newer one. Eventually you'll be outclassed or outgunned and probably dead.


Jason

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 556
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 556
BUT...if you can preserve that Eindecker (EIII) thru to 1918 and the end of the war, you'll be the most famous Ace of ALL time! pilot


AKA: Major Awesome
System specs:
CPU: i7 3770k @3.5GHz stock w/Phanteks PH tc14pe cooler
MB: Asus Maximus V Gene
PSU: Corsair 750w
OS: Win 7 64bit
RAM: Gskill 16gb @1600
GPU: Nvidia GTX670 4GB Drivers: 314.22
Extras: MS Force Feedback 2 Joystick, CH Pedals, TrackIR 5, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, ButtKicker Gamer 2, 3 24" monitors for 5760x1200
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,000
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,000
I bought and installed it.

Only thing I was wondering is whether there should be any updates? I tried to update and it said nothing is available but haven't there been updates released since ICE came out middle of last year?

Or is the current digital download of ICE fully updated?

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
Originally Posted By: bonchie
Or is the current digital download of ICE fully updated?


A digital d/l would be fully updated as the last patch came out about two weeks ago.

Oh, and welcome to RoF.

Last edited by Barkhorn1x; 04/14/11 07:46 PM.

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge

"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 92
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 92
Played about 45 minutes last night. Smooth and beautiful. Couple of quick questions, though:

- Googling general RoF info brings up a ton of sites. Is there any particular place that's got a comprehensive Wiki? Plane documentation, setups, etc?
- The TIR5 seems to be working just peachy, but I seem to be really 'zoomed in', like I've got binoculars strapped to the face. There is *some* 6DOF effect, but not much... leaning back doesn't really zoom out like it does in 1946 6DOF. Am I missing something?

Going to take a lot of practice. Manage to take down a few mediocre AI pilots flying D7s, but stall/spin recovery is going to take some work. My 2500+ online hours in high performance birds in IL2 doesn't seem to count for much. ;-)


Hardware: Asus Sabertooth Z87 - Intel 4670K @ 4.4 - 16GB RAM - EVGA Titan - Old Asus 26" 19x12 LCD - bunch of drives.

Sim Toys: Warthog - 8cm Simpit Hog extension - TIR5 - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device rudder pedals - Obutto R3v
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 541
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 541
The official site has a wiki (not totally up to date)

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/

Wiki is here: http://en.wiki.riseofflight.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
This seems like a good place for all us Amazon noobs to post our questions and keep the forum uncluttered.
1. Can anyone tell me how to set up mouselook? Some of the options seem a little vague. Is move head right supposed to be turn head right? I've tried mapping the mouse to move head horizontal, move head right, move head left, move head down and move head up, making sure to unassociate the mouse axis to other keybinds each time and save the config, but my head just twitches whenever I move the mouse. I can get the zoom to work, but not the mouse movement.
2. Is there a way to increase the dead zone on the joystick, everything seems a little rubber-bandy so far. I did not see a dead zone option in the joystick page.
3. Is there a way to turn off the zoom reset when I recharge the guns? It doesn't show up very often but it is kind of annoying.

Thank you for any help.

RR


The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 27
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 27
Thanks for posting this. I just picked it up. Now I have the pleasure to say that I have too many new flight sims to be able to play them all. biggrin

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
Originally Posted By: Rick_Rawlings
This seems like a good place for all us Amazon noobs to post our questions and keep the forum uncluttered.

This site and the company site:

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewforum.php?f=4

...are the two "main" forums for RoF related stuff.


Quote:
1. Can anyone tell me how to set up mouselook? Some of the options seem a little vague. Is move head right supposed to be turn head right? I've tried mapping the mouse to move head horizontal, move head right, move head left, move head down and move head up, making sure to unassociate the mouse axis to other keybinds each time and save the config, but my head just twitches whenever I move the mouse. I can get the zoom to work, but not the mouse movement.


Sorry, cannot help you here.

Quote:
2. Is there a way to increase the dead zone on the joystick, everything seems a little rubber-bandy so far. I did not see a dead zone option in the joystick page.


Clicking in the Options menu (think that's it) will bring you to the Joystick Response Curve screen where you can set different response curves by aircraft. The 0%'s in the middle of the curve box determine dead zone settings - simply move the slider and test until you get the dead zone level that feel best. I too had the same issue w/ jerky planes and setting a dead zone did calm things down a bit. Be sure to save as another name (I do mine per a/c) so your settings are not overwritten by a later update.

Quote:

3. Is there a way to turn off the zoom reset when I recharge the guns? It doesn't show up very often but it is kind of annoying.


Not sure if there is.


"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge

"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,918
Likes: 8
Thank You!

RR


The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to be Han, Luke or Leia. I'm just happy to be rebel scum...
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Got it! Or better my american cousin bought it for me and passed me the key! FINALLY I HAVE IT TOOOOO!

Ehrm, Jason? How it works now? Do I register on the 777 site?

@ Everyone else, where do I find the License key?


Never mind, found it :P

Feel a bit stupid now.

Last edited by komemiute; 04/16/11 10:37 AM.

Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
M
Hotshot
Hotshot
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,623
Originally Posted By: Rick_Rawlings
Is there a way to turn off the zoom reset when I recharge the guns? It doesn't show up very often but it is kind of annoying.


It sounds like you might have a duplicate key binding. Look at "recharge guns" in control setup, if there's a double square in the box then that means you have 2 controls mapped to one key or button. Mousing over the box will bring up a tooltip with the other binding. I had a view key bound with mg recharge, every time a cocked my mgs the view jerked around.

Hope this helps.


WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,126
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 2,126
whoohoo I just took advantage of the offer, the game looks swell! smile just need a trackir now.. my trackir2 finally died.

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 655
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 655
Hi all,

My apologies if this was asked on other threads but is there a difference between a downloadable version and boxed? Printed map , manual, that sort of thing?

I assume the download can be backed up or re-downloaded "forever", right?

Thanks.


"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."
-- Blaise Pascal

"He who sacrifices freedom for security is neither free nor secure."
-- Ben Franklin

"If you try to idiot-proof a society, you get a society full of idiots."
-- Winston Churchill?
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
There's no actual difference in gameplay or features. Just whats printed in the box. And yes you can play it forever and install as many times as you want.

Jason

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 655
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 655
Thanks Jason


"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."
-- Blaise Pascal

"He who sacrifices freedom for security is neither free nor secure."
-- Ben Franklin

"If you try to idiot-proof a society, you get a society full of idiots."
-- Winston Churchill?
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 464
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 464
damn, I miss the sale, ROF ICE now is $39.99 at amazon.

do you guys know any other place that has ROF ICE at $19.99?

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 951
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it's on sale anywhere. I'm surprised the Amazon sale lasted as long as it did.

Direct2Drive and GamersGate went back up to US$50. GoGamer is down for the moment, so I can't check there.

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 963
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 963
Originally Posted By: AirDog
whoohoo I just took advantage of the offer, the game looks swell! smile just need a trackir now.. my trackir2 finally died.


Just as well (not to cheer equipment dying of course), there have been so many refinements to TIR since version 2, when you try a newer one it'll knock your socks off.

I've been using TIR 4 with version 5 beta software and it's been great. The average prices are $120 and $150 respectively for 4 and 5 models, though I'll bet that some patience stalking eBay auctions would turn up cheaper prices. If I was going to spend the dough anyway I'd take the 5 and spend the few extra bucks. It's somewhat better than the 4, but not worth it for me just to get the newest one while mine's working just fine.

I also use the Trackclip Pro and think its active projectors are a bit more stable and reliable than the passive reflectors used in the standard clip. Mine's really showing its age; the headset clamp is getting unreliable and the main pivot's getting worn out. I can't gripe too much, it's going on 6 years old or so and has held up fine till now.

So...I just ordered a new one. Unfortunately, neither eBay or Amazon offers it by itself so I had to order it from NaturalPoint...gad, 11 bucks shipping, I wish Amazon had it! Still, I got it in the spiffy red color, which I didn't know they made but was happy to find biggrin

=MFC=Gunloon





Last edited by Gunloon; 05/05/11 01:28 AM.

Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughtta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,943 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1