SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 109
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 109
Pretty happy with the patch. No doubt in my mind now that COD will become all that was expected/hoped for.
Perfectly playable for me, sorry for those that are having trouble still

Did the London sight seeing mission and got min 20, average 29.9, max 60
This decending down to the Thames and followed it east flying east past Big Ben at an altitude that takes me through tower bridge. Continued on for about 5 bends in the river before climbing back up to 1000ft and stopping the bench mark.

Still got some more things/setting combos to try but looking good...

Turned the areo off
Mirror off
ProcessAffinityMask=15

Using these settings


Did the same flight but this time at 1900x1200 and upped building detail and forests to medium.

Min 17 average 29.01 max 48


Asus P6T Deluxe, i7 920@4ghz, H50 water cooler, 6Gb ddr3, X-Fi Fatality, 2x GTX580, 2x 120Gb SSD's + 2Tb HD's, 3x 27" 5760x1080,
TrackiR 5 + Pro Clip, Win7 64bit, 2x Thrustmaster MFD's, Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog #538

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,121
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,121
Yeah, yeah... Strike "early" ... 320x240 back then for me like for everyone else. Still: Wasn't long before VGA and SVGA came along. If I'm not completely mistaken, I ran Wing Commander 2 in VGA already ... must've been .. err.. 1993/94?

What I'm trying to say is that it's pretty weird that guys with high-end-systems would have to dial back resolution at all. Or, quite frankly, that I would have to when I run other demanding games just fine at 1920x1080.

sigh



S.

Last edited by sascha; 04/08/11 08:29 PM.

System: Asus P5Q-E - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300@ 2.5 GHz (currently @3.0 GHz) - Gigabyte GF GTX460 1GB OC - 2x2 GB OCZ DDR2-RAM - Samsung P2370 23'' - MS Sidewinder 2 FF (red trigger, baby!) - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 + Pro-Clip - Windows Vista 64 Home Premium
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 427
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 427
patch no good for me. severe jerking over land, FOS still abyssmal considering the rig I have, and no chang ein gpu staying pegged at 99 percent usage and almost overheating.


Asus sabertooth x79
I7 3930k @4.3
EVGA GTX TITAN SC
16 GB Corsair vengeance quad chanel 1866
Obsidian Series 800D ATX Gaming Case
Samsung 24.6" @1920x1080
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 599
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 599
People are running 1920x1200 on old NVidia 200-series or ATI 4800-series with high settings and wondering why its so laggy.


Jesus. rolleyes

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 556
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 556
Still poop here, 20 fps max or minimum settings

I can get 100+fps at 800x600 biggrin ATI-6850

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 451
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 451
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
People are running 1920x1200 on old NVidia 200-series or ATI 4800-series with high settings and wondering why its so laggy.


Jesus. rolleyes


Yes. I wonder why it is so laggy? Every other demanding game/sim I throw at my system (sig) has no problem at 1080p with medium to high settings.


System
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W @ 3.5Ghz
8GB DDR3 1333MHz
ATI HD 4850 1GB
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1 (on OCZ Agility SSD 60GB)

Flight Gear
Freetrack 6DoF (using TrackIR 3 cam)
Saitek Cyborg Evo Force (failed after 6 strong years of service)
Saitek X-52 Pro Flight System with Hall Sensor Magnet Mod (flying is good again)
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 59
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 59
Originally Posted By: GloDark7
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
People are running 1920x1200 on old NVidia 200-series or ATI 4800-series with high settings and wondering why its so laggy.


Jesus. rolleyes


Yes. I wonder why it is so laggy? Every other demanding game/sim I throw at my system (sig) has no problem at 1080p with medium to high settings.


Exactly, some people speak of this sim as if it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and you therefore the need the greatest hardware to run it.

The truth is of course it is a buggy POS which hopefully the Devs will get to grips with.


Bryan.

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 902
2
Member
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 902
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
People are running 1920x1200 on old NVidia 200-series or ATI 4800-series with high settings and wondering why its so laggy.


Jesus. rolleyes


No, people are running 1920x1200 on ATI 4870, Nvidia 280 or 285 series GPUs on mostly medium, finding the performance to be utter crap and having to ALSO reduce their resolution. Just to put it into perspective the 4870, 280 or 285 are not that slow even by todays standards. Yes you have to compromise on details and they will lack the latest features but to have to reduce detail to medium AND have to reduce resolution is due to a poorly optimised graphics engine. Or mayber the fact that the devs have been frantically trying to optimise said graphics engine has been lost on you?

I have a HD6970 2GB and until the latest patch I had to significantly compromise on details. Or maybe the graphics engine is future proofed banghead

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 482
f*&king amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help Charge


Formerly JG5_Emil
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 599
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 599
Originally Posted By: 2005AD
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
People are running 1920x1200 on old NVidia 200-series or ATI 4800-series with high settings and wondering why its so laggy.


Jesus. rolleyes


No, people are running 1920x1200 on ATI 4870, Nvidia 280 or 285 series GPUs on mostly medium, finding the performance to be utter crap and having to ALSO reduce their resolution. Just to put it into perspective the 4870, 280 or 285 are not that slow even by todays standards. Yes you have to compromise on details and they will lack the latest features but to have to reduce detail to medium AND have to reduce resolution is due to a poorly optimised graphics engine. Or mayber the fact that the devs have been frantically trying to optimise said graphics engine has been lost on you?

I have a HD6970 2GB and until the latest patch I had to significantly compromise on details. Or maybe the graphics engine is future proofed banghead




Oooops, my mistake



Rez: 1920 x 1200
FSAA: X8

Model Detail: High
Building Detail: Med
Land Detail: Med
Forest: Low
Visual Effects: High
Damage Decals: High
Buildings Amount: Low
Land Shading: Med
Grass: Off
Shadows: On
Roads: On


U and "everybody else" is right. If u cant run CoD on those settings with 3-4 year old hardware they completely failed.



I stand corrected.



And having problems and lag despite 2500K and GTX 580 (for ex.) can NEVER be due to sh*t behind the keyboard and/or faulty software other than the failed CoD.


True story.


Look, its not running perfect for me either, but enough is enough. They are working on it.

Last edited by Ghost_swe; 04/08/11 09:28 PM.
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 116
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 116
Yes, I got a big improvement from the patch over my improvement from upgrading the graphics card :-)

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 520
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 520
Originally Posted By: 2005AD
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
People are running 1920x1200 on old NVidia 200-series or ATI 4800-series with high settings and wondering why its so laggy.


Jesus. rolleyes


No, people are running 1920x1200 on ATI 4870, Nvidia 280 or 285 series GPUs on mostly medium, finding the performance to be utter crap and having to ALSO reduce their resolution. Just to put it into perspective the 4870, 280 or 285 are not that slow even by todays standards. Yes you have to compromise on details and they will lack the latest features but to have to reduce detail to medium AND have to reduce resolution is due to a poorly optimised graphics engine. Or mayber the fact that the devs have been frantically trying to optimise said graphics engine has been lost on you?

I have a HD6970 2GB and until the latest patch I had to significantly compromise on details. Or maybe the graphics engine is future proofed banghead


I am running a Win 7 64 bit PC with 6GB RAM and a GTX 295 (SLI) card with 2x896MB VRAM - and to be quite honest the video on CoD is pretty crappy no matter what the resolution. Why can't we adjust parameters through the nVidia Control panel such as AA etc? Don't we have to assign an nVidia definition for the LAUNCHER.EXE program before anything takes effect?

BTW RoF plays just fine.

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 820
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 820
Well for me the the skipping is being produced by the disk accessing my hd, the access light comes on completely in sych with the stutters within the game, I dont suppose it helps that everything is compressed.


If life is one big joke.......I just don't get it
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 902
2
Member
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 902
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
I stand corrected.


Thanks for seeing it our way, was that so hard? It is rare to see someone admit when they are wrong, well done smile

Oh wait, sarcasm right?

We don't need to convince you that CoD has utter crap performance on pretty much all rigs, just the devs. Oh wait, we already did that and they are working on optimising the graphics engine. Wow, who knew that whinging could be so lucrative and get such good results.

Ah, it is so good to be proved right by the actions of the very developers that you and the other sychophants are so keen to defend. neaner

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,121
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,121
Quote:
And having problems and lag despite 2500K and GTX 580 (for ex.) can NEVER be due to sh*t behind the keyboard and/or faulty software other than the failed CoD.


Yup.. the game actually isn't unfinished crap, all its users are imbeciles. Thanks for clearing that up.




Shado:





Russian, pre-patched version. Look at his HDD go (left side, better watch in fullscreen and HD to really see it). Everything else looks more or less fine on his rig. A lot of people on here (myself included) have had similar results. Unfortunately, I don't have an HDD I/O monitoring tool, but I'm suspecting that this is what's causing all the stutters. When critical components like CPU or GPU aren't really getting a good workout and there's still stuttering going in, I guess excessive HDD-access remains as the only culprit. Which your "lightshow" also seems to suggest. wink

S.


System: Asus P5Q-E - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300@ 2.5 GHz (currently @3.0 GHz) - Gigabyte GF GTX460 1GB OC - 2x2 GB OCZ DDR2-RAM - Samsung P2370 23'' - MS Sidewinder 2 FF (red trigger, baby!) - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 + Pro-Clip - Windows Vista 64 Home Premium
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 59
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 59
Originally Posted By: sascha
Quote:
And having problems and lag despite 2500K and GTX 580 (for ex.) can NEVER be due to sh*t behind the keyboard and/or faulty software other than the failed CoD.


Yup.. the game actually isn't unfinished crap, all its users are imbeciles. Thanks for clearing that up.

S.


Yeah, get yourself some education and then your game will run right.

See, we don't need no patches after all!!!


Bryan.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
B
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
I'll be your Huckleberry
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 13,180
Likes: 3
Ouch sascha simulation overload wink

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 6,079
T
Sexy Beast
Hotshot
Sexy Beast
Hotshot
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 6,079
Got to be honest the latest patch is a big improvement for me. I can even run the London Bomber quick mission. Granted that the Frames sometimes dip to 15 or 16 but in the grand scheme of things, it si a big improvement as I never used to be able to play that mission due to single figure FPS.

I run this on a Q6600 Quad @3.0Ghz, 6Gb Ram, MSI GTX460 Cylone 1Gb all running on Win7 Ultimate 64Bit.

AS I said I get some stutters and some low FPS but overall this patch is a lifesaver.

SD


From the hills rebounding
Let this war cry sounding
Summon all at Cambria's call
The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory
This shall ever be your story
Keep these fighting words before ye
Welshmen never yield
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,169
Originally Posted By: Ghost_swe
People are running 1920x1200 on old NVidia 200-series or ATI 4800-series with high settings and wondering why its so laggy.


Jesus. rolleyes


Yes, we are. I can play RoF at 2560 x 1600, could do that before I upgraded my CPU from a Q6600 to a 2500k in fact. Oh, but hang on, it's because CoD is so much more complex and demanding than RoF? All those FM and DM calculations etc? Guess it's a good thing I have four cores running at 4.5ghz then, what with CoD being this new state of the art game with a state of the art engine. Sorry...what was that? CoD doesn't do multicore?!

This game has code so borked, an engine so screwed, it should have been chucked in the bin, six years of work or not. They've struggled to get it to THIS level of performance and you seriously think there's anything left to squeeze out of it? Oh yeah, they're going to bolt multicore on after the event. Good luck with that.

I'll give every patch they provide a fair shake, but I have zero expectation of success, and about as much hope. Said the same about ARMA2 and was barracked for that too over a year ago, but who's 'laughing' now.

I have genuine sympathy for Luthier, I truly do, because I know he put his heart and soul into this. But something, somewhere, went very badly wrong. And no amount of cheer-leading is going to change that or produce a miracle out of a hat.


Asus P8P67 Pro Mobo
2500K CPU @ 4.5Ghz
Antec H2O Kuhler 950 Water Cooler
16Gb DDR3 DC RAM @ 1600mhz
EVGA GTX780 Classified GPU
Dell U3014 30" Monitor
xFi Titanium HD sound
Corsair Force 250Gb SSD
Corsair RM850w PSU
W7-64
INTJ
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,121
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1,121
Some more good(-ish) news to report:

I tried using Vista's ressources-monitor to check HDD-workload - kinda tricky, cause I can't get it to stay on top of the CoD-window with the game running .. if anyone knows a workaround for this, please let me know. smile


Anyway: I ALT-TABed out frequently to check HDD-activity and while launcher.exe was indeed frequently swapping pretty large amounts to and fro, I also noticed my AV-software (avast) popping up very frequently on the list. I checked my AV-settings and decided I might want to disable file-system-protection. As far as I understand it, this thing checks every read/write operation, so that looked to me as if this AV-watchdog made CoD's frequent acessing of the HDD even worse. I disabled the AV-module in question and tried a sightseeing trip over London again.

This time, performance was a lot more stable. I still wouldn't call it smooth, but it certainly was an improvement.

After that I tried a 6x Hurri/6x Spit vs. 6x109s, 6xHe 111, 6x Do215 and 6xJu88 mission over the channel. Apart from *very* occasional stutters, it ran pretty smoothly. Almost "smooth, full stop" kinda smooth but not quite.

Mind you: This should really only be a work-around. No other games I currently play require me to disable my AV-protection ...



S.


System: Asus P5Q-E - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300@ 2.5 GHz (currently @3.0 GHz) - Gigabyte GF GTX460 1GB OC - 2x2 GB OCZ DDR2-RAM - Samsung P2370 23'' - MS Sidewinder 2 FF (red trigger, baby!) - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - TrackIR 5 + Pro-Clip - Windows Vista 64 Home Premium
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,081,284 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1