SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
2
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
2 Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
Say it loud, say it clear


It's too late when we die

To admit we don't see eye to eye




Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,034
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,034
Likes: 66
They had a couple of really good hits. I remember seeing that video on MTV when it first premiered. I believe it was 1986?

That's Mike Rutherford of course from "Genesis" who fronted "Mike & the Mechanics".


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Haven't seen that video in a loooooooooooong time.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,977
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,977
They're doing some new stuff.

Couple of lineup changes, though.

Cheers!

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Another one from the phonograph collection, 20mm?








biggrin

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,478
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,478
Thanks 20mm. One of my fav songs.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
2
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
2 Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
Originally Posted By: LukeFF
Another one from the phonograph collection, 20mm?








biggrin



Jolly jokester!


Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
J
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 49,716
Phonograph? What?

Oh, you mean the gramaphone!


The Jedi Master


The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,682
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,682
Over My Shoulder

Another great track.


'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------



Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,156
Quote:
I wasn't there that morning
When my Father passed away
I didn't get to tell him
All the things I had to say
I think I caught his spirit
Later that same year
I'm sure I heard his echo
In my baby's new born tears
I just wish I could have told him in the living years


That's the part that gets to me every time. My dad died the day after fathers day. I didn't go see him on fathers day and planned to the next day.

My biggest regret in life is that my dad never saw my kids. If there was ever one thing I could change in my life, that would be it.


Life is tough. Life is tougher when you are stupid. - John Wayne
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,567
E
Senior Member
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,567
Thanks 20mm. Strikes right into your gut and your heart. I DID tell my Dad how much I cared and appreciated and loved him, before he died. But as I was walking out of the hospital after he feel asleep, I thought of telling him one more thing, very simply just what a good Dad he had been - all my life. But remembering he was asleep, I turned around and walked on down the hall. He was doing ok, and I had flown back across the country to Wyoming when I got the call in the middle of the night from my Mom. He was gone.

I think he knew. But not a day goes by that I don't think back on that long walk down the hall and wish with all my heart I had turned around and walked back and woke him up. Just to tell him.


Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
2
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel
2 Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 40,112
The opening riff of that song is unmistakable.

I'm so glad my Dad is still around. I call him every day. We're better now, but we had our days when we went hammer and tongs. We both love to argue. But, I've grown to recognize when it's happening and I just back off, change the subject.


Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,567
E
Senior Member
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,567
Yeah.
Sometimes we forget how lucky we are, while we're concentrating on how unfortunate we are...


Eugene
i9-9600K
GeForce 2080ti
Creative Z
Win10
32 gig RAM
Cougar
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,478
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,478
Just take the opportunity to tell your loved ones how much you love & appreciate them. There may never be a tomorrow.


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,536 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1