Is there any chance of a code purchased from sites like justflight.com or gamersgate.com activating on the 31st in the US?
YES!

I "preordered" from Just Flight last night. When I got home from work they had sent me a download link and activation code. I downloaded rather quickly, and although I created a secondary steam account in case I ran into problems....it accepted my activation code straight off. Unfortunately the activation is locked into the secondary steam account.
I tried some flying and man it has been a long time since I flew a prop plane. Been playing DCS: A-10c for the past couple of months. I have to tweak my track IR, and find a decent HOTAS setup for CoD. My flight controls seem a bit borked right now but that may be because I never restarted after it updated my MS NET stuff. (for example throttle at half = full throttle)....of course something may be said about it in the manual, but I have yet to read the manual
