SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#3194981 02/01/11 04:44 AM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 7
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 7
Sorry if this is an old topic but i am trying to catch up on the B.O.B news, I've been checking in every 6 months or for the last few years and this time I'm optimistic about the release date. So I was wondering what the word is on multiplayer, how or where will the games be hosted. I dont know if hyper lobby is still active, will the game have multiplayer session rooms built in or is the vendor hosting? Sorry I'm completely out of the loop I dont know if there is a new third party game hosting platform nowadays thats the obvious choice.

thanks

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Psychclone #3195035 02/01/11 05:47 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Hyperlobby is still very active. http://hyperfighter.sk/
I have not seen anything about where the servers are going to be located or if you can set up your own for Cliffs of Dover?


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Psychclone #3195050 02/01/11 06:02 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 178
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 178
I don't know how MP will organized, whether thru Hyperlobby, an in-game lobby like ROF, or something else. I do know that The Syndicate will have a CoD server up and running very quickly after release. We have an awesome dedicated server box thanks to SYN_Bliss. We are very much looking forward to this release and plan to be heavily involved as pilots (mainly target drone in my case) and as server hosts.

More info and discussion here as it develops: The Syndicate

Psychclone #3195091 02/01/11 07:06 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,080
I'd hope CoD has its own built in online game modes. While hyperlobby is great right now for IL2, only about 90% of people who own IL2 probably know about it. Everyone else probably tries to connect in the game menu and can't connect to anyone.

All we know right now is what's from the back of the box. Something along the lines of 128 player servers, with battles that can last days and weeks. Whatever that means. I'm hoping it's some huge ongoing war, with moving fronts and enemy positions, supply lines and whatnot. That would keep me occupied for years :)Oleg and crew are still pretty tightlipped about it, which means it's going to be pretty awesome and groundbreaking so no one else can copy it.

I have high hopes and I know Oleg and crew will deliver.


Intel i5 2500k // Asus P8P67 // 16GB G.Skill RAM // RX480 8GB // 27" monitor // VKB Black Mamba Mk.III // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // W7
kestrel79 #3195126 02/01/11 08:33 AM
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 796
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 796
Originally Posted By: kestrel79
I'd hope CoD has its own built in online game modes. While hyperlobby is great right now for IL2, only about 90% of people who own IL2 probably know about it. Everyone else probably tries to connect in the game menu and can't connect to anyone.

All we know right now is what's from the back of the box. Something along the lines of 128 player servers, with battles that can last days and weeks. Whatever that means. I'm hoping it's some huge ongoing war, with moving fronts and enemy positions, supply lines and whatnot. That would keep me occupied for years :)Oleg and crew are still pretty tightlipped about it, which means it's going to be pretty awesome and groundbreaking so no one else can copy it.

I have high hopes and I know Oleg and crew will deliver.


Maybe I am too old, or maybe I am just not brave enough to have such high expectations.
An in game server list would be great.
We'll see.


Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
kestrel79 #3195130 02/01/11 08:48 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 178
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 178
Originally Posted By: kestrel79
I'm hoping it's some huge ongoing war, with moving fronts and enemy positions, supply lines and whatnot. That would keep me occupied for years smile


Yes, please!

Psychclone #3195239 02/01/11 01:04 PM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 404
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 404
Looking for info on this as well. I was hoping for a COD forum where groups could gather to discuss squad names, flight times, matches or online wars.

Very much looking forward the march release.

Psychclone #3195400 02/01/11 03:55 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,231
H
Retired Flight Simmer
Member
Retired Flight Simmer
Member
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,231
I'm just wondering if anyone will ever actually see a full 128 player server. Genuinely curious if the sim will be popular enough to draw that many people into 1 server.


I refuse to buy a flight sim that I have no interest in playing, on the off chance that MAYBE someday they'll make the one I really want to play.

Psychclone #3195455 02/01/11 04:31 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 74
H
Junior Member
Junior Member
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 74
I think 60-80 people are already enough.

Psychclone #3195529 02/01/11 06:05 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672
Likes: 3
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,672
Likes: 3
It's a shame but I'm guessing maybe 5-10% of the people who own IL-2 know about the Hyperlobby.

Psychclone #3195560 02/01/11 06:43 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,357
D
Hotshot
Hotshot
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,357
Well I used to run a server on hyperlobby ( 1942 Kuban) and I am now on fibre optic, so depending on the bandwidth requirement, I can run a server for this smile

of course it will only be about 6k/sec per player


XBL : DUDE163
PSN : DUDE163
http://www.flickr.com/photos/riverviewfoto/
http://dude163.blogspot.com (vintage lens foto blog)
Psychclone #3195902 02/02/11 12:30 AM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 339
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 339
The in game server browser would be nice and make it easier for those that dont know about HL. I have a nice little quad core wating to host CoD from my home.
Bring it on Oleg 128 or 256 player server wink

Psychclone #3196291 02/02/11 02:40 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 638
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 638
What SYN_Speck said is correct. We have a 12 core (dual 6 core Xeon CPUs) with 12gig DDR3 and a 1gbps (1000mbps upload and download speed) connection connected via fiber at one of the main internet trunk lines in Chicago (USA). (Yes it's overkill, but we don't like lag or slowdowns wink ) We currently run 2 ROF servers and will have 2 on COD.

We are full realism folks that like historical scenerios. If the option for a dynamic campaign style MP option exists, out of the box, you can bet we'll be running it. A dogfight server and campaign server would be great.

(Not to be a recruting thread) - But we are working on a new website and are actively recruiting those that like to fly full switch (not airquake) and those that like anything from a relaxed (shoot the crap and have fun) atmosphere to those that like to be serious Sams. We babble in FPS games from time to time to blow off steam, but our main focus is prop sims. If anyone out there from the novice, wanting-to-learn pilot, to the advanced, I've-been-simming-for years pilot, is looking for a squad, I encourage you to check us out. We have members from all over the world and our main focus is having a good time. And if you like to dabble in the FMB or know anything about website design, (we know nothing about web design lolmycomputer) we need you smile

Cheers!

Hecken #3197540 02/03/11 06:49 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 178
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 178
Originally Posted By: Hecken
I think 60-80 people are already enough.


Depends on the map and mission. It's true that's plenty for a typical IL2 server - especially a furball-oriented one - but I think we could have a different world with this sim. It looks like we will have a huge map to start out with in CoD, and it will likely grow in extent as the sim expands. Add to that the potential for a persistent campaign, and we could have multiple unrelated missions being flown simultaneously on different parts of the map by different groups. That being the case, the sky's the limit in terms of the number of flyers that could have fun on a single server. Well, that and bandwidth cool.

SYN_Speck #3198212 02/04/11 09:19 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 197
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 197
Originally Posted By: SYN_Speck
I don't know how MP will organized, whether thru Hyperlobby, an in-game lobby like ROF, or something else. I do know that The Syndicate will have a CoD server up and running very quickly after release. We have an awesome dedicated server box thanks to SYN_Bliss. We are very much looking forward to this release and plan to be heavily involved as pilots (mainly target drone in my case) and as server hosts.

More info and discussion here as it develops: The Syndicate


Great to hear that. Cannot wait to encounter you guys in this game and am really hoping it keeps what it promises. If it keeps only half of what it promises the sime i am currently active in will have at least one member less in its comunity.

Winger

Psychclone #3198241 02/04/11 10:41 AM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,818
Lets hope they have some sort of way controling the number of players for each side and the planes they fly.

SYN_Speck #3198349 02/04/11 02:04 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
Originally Posted By: SYN_Speck
Originally Posted By: kestrel79
I'm hoping it's some huge ongoing war, with moving fronts and enemy positions, supply lines and whatnot. That would keep me occupied for years smile


Yes, please!


And just how will the island of Brittania expand and contract during the Battle of Britain for a moving front line? wink

Click to reveal..
Just having fun....I, too, expect great things once we move forwards or backwards in time


The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Psychclone #3198478 02/04/11 03:50 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 178
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 178
Whoa... that's some impressive posting technology there, sir!


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,728 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1