SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 26 of 78 1 2 … 24 25 26 27 28 … 77 78
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
Awesome, thanks! This will fill the holidays.

I suppose if I try to run it on 1.015 version it will give me an error due to the missing HP400?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
B
Senior Member
Senior Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,676
Likes: 1
Originally Posted By: elephant_
Thanks guys, Merry Christmas to all! santa


God bless you all - everyone!


santa


"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion."--- William Ralph Inge

"The ORIGINAL Barkhorn"
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
Awesome, thanks! This will fill the holidays.

I suppose if I try to run it on 1.015 version it will give me an error due to the missing HP400?


Look for the file "AircraftInfo.RoFCampaign"

Every place that you see:
RoFType = "hp400";

Change it to
RoFType = "breguet14";

INCLUDING THE ACTUAL HP400 ENTRY! Do this and no more HP.

Some details:
When creating aircraft assignments for squadrons I use the aircraft type whether that type exists in RoF or not. If RoF does not have that aircraft type I map it to a type that does exist in RoF. RoFType = "breguet14"; is that mapping. This way, as new types are introduced, all I have to do is remap the plane and squadrons are instantly equipped with the proper type.

... it is also the reason why you have SPAD XIIIs flying in early 1917 smile.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
Good programming style. Thanks for the hint. I guess a find&replace should work on those strings. Or maybe I'll upgrade anyway, just need some time for it.

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 87
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 87
For some reason im finding it dificult to load and fly created missions with the latest build.I create a new pilot,create mission but when i try to fly,it starts to load but crashes back to the loading screen.I have tried the transfer of the pilot and sometimes this works but i cant get a second mission working,etc.

I spent most of yesterday trawling the forums and trying different ideas.I did a recovery of ROF,uninstalled/reinstalled CG,i tried differnet config settings and so on but nothing seemed to help.I also did a install of the last version of CG and it worked fine.

Has anyone any ideas

Hector

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 1
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,287
Likes: 1
I used to have this same problem but it was not RoF Campaign related.
It was a mod conflicting with my v.1.016 install.
For me it was Criquet's AI mod that was causing the problem.
I pasted the whole Luascripts folder from my 1.015 install.
It was included a folder named snapviews that has been changed in 1.016 since new a/c has been added
If you paste just the ai and worlobjects folders in /data/Luascripts folder with the original snapwiews folder from 1.016 the mod works fine... well, almost as there is a glitch with a misplacement of the rear gunners in two seaters and you might want to delete the worlobjects folder, to fix it (and loose the deadly firing angles of the rear gunners for a while till the next update comes out). wink


WOFF UE, BOC member, Albatros pilot.

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 87
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 87
Thanks for your help(again lol).will give this a try later on and will report back on how it went.

Merry Xmas

Hector

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 87
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 87
For some reason i cant get this latest version to work properly for me.I completely reinstalled and updated ROF this afternoon and ran the CG before i would add any skin packs and such but the same old things happened again as mentioned above.This evening i reinstalled v5.2 and this time everything seemed to work as it should.I had no problems creating and flying generated missions.

Has anyone any ideas of what might be going on here?

Hector

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Can you give me the following information:
1. Squadron
2. Date
3. The type of mission that RoFCampaign is generating.

Sometimes a bug manifests itself only under specific circumstances.

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 178
X
Member
Member
X Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 178
I cannot use RoF w/o RoFCampaign anymore smile Thx PatrickAWilson!


Best Regards,
Xav.
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 87
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 87
Hi Patrick
Its difficult to remember all as tried so many different things.I do remember prior to reinstalling ROF that i would quite often use Jastas 5,6,7,12 and 13 and mostly around the very end of 1916 to approx 2nd or 3rd month of 17 as i like the AlbD2.The time line was much the same for the British and using the RNAS,70 and either 43 or 45sq.
After ROF reinstall,i tried a Jasta 12 and D2 campaign which did seem like it was working.The only thinghere was,it kept giving me the DVa even though i own both versions of the Albd2 and the Albd2lt was ticked in the "planes owned" section.I then tried a 1/3/18 Camel and 54 sq(iirc) and couldnt get past the second mission.The other thing i noticed was that it was quite often offensive missions that failed to load.

Hope that helps but if you need anything else then please let me know

Hector

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 793
Thanks for the details Kemal, it helped. There are some scenarios where I am creating invalid waypoint orientation. I don't have it figured out yet but now that I can recreate the problem, I will get it fixed shortly.

Last edited by PatrickAWilson; 12/28/10 07:16 PM.
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
A small bug to report: Jasta 5 Career in October 1917, Boistrancourt Aerodrome... flight starts behind the hangars and crashes. I think I'm too stupid to figure out how to change the offsets...

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 87
K
Junior Member
Junior Member
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 87
Looking forward to the fix Patrick and thankyou for your continued help and support.

Hector

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
Much praise and a small bug report:

Had an awesome flight today, 1.05 hours, first time in a Pfalz D.III for me, at sunrise. Bagged two Tripes, FL bagged a Tripe and Pub, Second Wingman bagged a Tripe but crashed.

This simple was a text-book perfect dawn patrol mission, I had no trouble keeping up with my flight and their status (for the combat report) and even landed togehter with my FL.

The generator really makes this worth flying.

Now, for the bugs:

1) Tried a October 1917 campaign with Jasta 15. The first three missions I generated for 1st October (I generated multiple times without filing combat report) always had my FL dive on some ground target a minute or two after takeoff. I do not record video, but external view showed a damaged british MG Gun ground object. I can only assume the generator is placing an enemy MG nest close to the german airfield.

2) On my Pfalz mission above, after I came home (1st November 1917 with two kills, Jasta 4) I got "Promotion: Feldwebel promoted to Feldwebel".

Minor stuff really. It's an awesome experience flying these missions, they feel perfectly historic (as far as range, time, enemy encounters go) and are a ton of fun. Without this generator, RoF would be collecting dust since I really don't like the default campaign. Case in point, the solo Pub by FL engaged must have been a random flight. You don't get that with the standard game.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
Another small thing: HP400 does not show up in campaign text, instead it's blank space. So basically, where normally it says "Squadron XYZ flying Sopwith Camel" I get "Squadron XYZ flying ______" and also for kill reports it's simple an empty line. The plane shows up in campaign alright, and is fun to fight against, just the campaign interface doesn't name it.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 25
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 25
Hi there,

i heard that it may be possible to add some enemy mg-fire in the configuration settings. If so, how is it done? I tried "Use MGs" (set it to 8) and "MG Spacing" (to 1500). But when i fly over the front or behind the lines, no enemy fire...
Is there a kind of tutorial for the configuration settings?

Thanks for help!

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
Every config setting has a "help" button next to it. You need to set it to "1", which means "on" and 0 is "off". 8 wont work.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 25
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 25
Thanks. Now I got it.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
Another wonderful Pfalz campaign mission today, first time for an escort. We flew over to the enemy aerodrome (concidally the home of my Camel career) took pictures and flew back. And when we were almost over the trenches and I was already wondering what to eat tonight, got jumped by a bunch of N.17.

Really perfect how this works out. In other games (First Eagles) you always get jumped right on top of the escort target waypoint, this generator is so much less predictable.

Page 26 of 78 1 2 … 24 25 26 27 28 … 77 78

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,410 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1