SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3165003 12/24/10 09:21 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
See here.... http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=63964

Originally Posted By: Wags;1062326
Although there are a few issues I'm not happy about in beta 4, it is now available for download. Please note that it is still a beta and NOT a release candidate.

Beta 4: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=products&end_pos=135&lang=en


Two versions of the patch will be available:

- Beta 3 to Beta 4 Patch. If you have a Beta 3 already installed, you can apply this patch to it.

- Beta 4 full install. This is a full version of the beta and should NOT be installed over a previous version. (RECOMMENDED)

As in previous betas, download the setup and ALL bin files to a folder. Then run the setup file and follow instructions.


Some other notes:

1- Performance improvement for beta 4 was that all units now have Levels Of Detail (LOD). In later betas we'll optimize other areas, particularly effects and EDM models that are having a big, negative impact. However, some things will always hurt frame rate like TGP / Mav video (have to render the game a 2nd or 3rd time!) or viewing high poly objects (like A-10C, F-15, etc.) up close. No way around that.

2- We know that there are cluster bomb issues and they are still being worked on. We've had to redo much of this code to support new features like HOF and this has resulted in a buggy weapon... for now.

3- When you run the game for the first time, you will likely have a long (4-15 min) white screen while the shaders are compiling. The game has not crashed.

4- We hope to have a change log soon.

5- We hope to have a quick beta 5 available before the end of the year.

6- If you have a font problem in the GUI, disable AA in your graphics card properties.

7- Some of our testers have reported installer issues. If you encounter this, we apologize and ask that you wait for beta 5.

8- To confirm beta version, please check file dates in your A-10C dir. The GUI indication is not correct.


If you encounter a problem, please for the love of god first consult the FAQ at: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=58551


Happy Holidays,
Matt


Nate

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Nate #3165012 12/24/10 09:33 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Thanks for the heads up!

Nate #3165033 12/24/10 10:06 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Well, good luck if you can actually download it. I log in and the patches disappear so I log out and when I click a download (the B3 - B4 one) it asks me for my username and password over and over.....

Nate #3165036 12/24/10 10:17 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,028
Likes: 2
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,028
Likes: 2
That's odd, I went straight in and had no problems with the torrent (apart from my ripping rural connection!).


That Farrow bloke you executed today, are you sure he's dead?
Well I chopped his head off, that usually does the trick.
Yes, don't get clever with me Baldrick. I just thought you might have lopped off a leg or something by mistake.
No, the thing I chopped off had a nose.
Nate #3165042 12/24/10 10:22 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
I used the Torrent and that's working now, maybe it was getting hammered?

Nate #3165045 12/24/10 10:24 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 130
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 130
Everyone, use the torrent, and seed.


i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition | 32GB G.Skill Trident X @2400mhz| Caselabs M8 reverse | 2X 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 | GTX 980ti | Dell U3014 | TM HOTAS | TIR 5 | Win7 Pro 64 bit | custom waterloop
Nate #3165064 12/24/10 10:49 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,028
Likes: 2
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,028
Likes: 2
I'm seedin, i'm seedin! just not very quickly.
Please Father christmas, make Talk Talk better this year!


That Farrow bloke you executed today, are you sure he's dead?
Well I chopped his head off, that usually does the trick.
Yes, don't get clever with me Baldrick. I just thought you might have lopped off a leg or something by mistake.
No, the thing I chopped off had a nose.
Nate #3165082 12/24/10 11:09 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
I'm seeding and downloaded and installed and.....now my DCS A10C isn't working!!

A blank window comes up saying 'DXGUI LUA BINDING' and then stops responding.......

Mace71 #3165094 12/24/10 11:24 PM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 426
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 426
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
I'm seeding and downloaded and installed and.....now my DCS A10C isn't working!!

A blank window comes up saying 'DXGUI LUA BINDING' and then stops responding.......


See first post:
Quote:
3- When you run the game for the first time, you will likely have a long (4-15 min) white screen while the shaders are compiling. The game has not crashed.


EB
Belsimtek/TFC Associate
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com
Nate #3165104 12/24/10 11:34 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 8
I'm uploading at 180kb/s and downloading at 40 kb/s on a 50 Mbs cable connection, says it's going to take 3 days, ah well, plenty more to do anyway, Merry Christmas everyone.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Originally Posted By: EvilBivol-1
Originally Posted By: MaceUK33
I'm seeding and downloaded and installed and.....now my DCS A10C isn't working!!

A blank window comes up saying 'DXGUI LUA BINDING' and then stops responding.......


See first post:
Quote:
3- When you run the game for the first time, you will likely have a long (4-15 min) white screen while the shaders are compiling. The game has not crashed.


Lol yeah I actually spotted that after posting and left it alone and it worked.

Nate #3165108 12/24/10 11:39 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,028
Likes: 2
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,028
Likes: 2
AArrghh, attack of the shaders!!!


That Farrow bloke you executed today, are you sure he's dead?
Well I chopped his head off, that usually does the trick.
Yes, don't get clever with me Baldrick. I just thought you might have lopped off a leg or something by mistake.
No, the thing I chopped off had a nose.
Nate #3165171 12/25/10 01:01 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 62
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 62
All I can say is, thank God for the German FTP servers. Without them I'd be downloading for days instead of a few hours ( getting the full version).


Life is simple: As you get older, your toys get bigger.
Nate #3165269 12/25/10 05:54 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,739
S
X Air Force Armorer
Member
X Air Force Armorer
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,739
Same.

I tried for a couple of shots. 1st time went to church, had dinner out, came back and only had 2%.

Retried, watched a flic, same.

Got it coo0kin' now and am close to half way in an hour.

Wazzup with the US HTTP's?

The FTP's asking for a password just means they're maxxed out...


-=Spectre=-
Nate #3165293 12/25/10 07:12 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,705
P
Asleep at the Wheel
Member
Asleep at the Wheel
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 1,705
Thanks for the heads up, Nate. That's great news just hours before I get to open my Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar MFDs. biggrin


---------
Pizzicato
Nate #3165307 12/25/10 09:08 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
Hopefully I may be getting a HOTAS Warthog too in the next few weeks smile

Nate #3165316 12/25/10 09:24 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
The torrent's faster than the HTTP downloads. I woke up today to a complete download! Seeding now.

Nate #3165327 12/25/10 09:58 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
M
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
Dread pirate Mace
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,827
I seem to get worse performance now frown and I actually like Beta 3 with the fog as it ran great. Seems that the old problem I used to have with Lock On is back for me when the gun rounds strike the ground I get huge slowdown and even taking the details right down does nothing frown

Nate #3165336 12/25/10 10:25 AM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
I notice that they recommend a full install,rather than the beta 3 to 4 patch to reduce any problems.
My original install is completely vanilla,nothing altered,so will it matter really?
I don't fancy that 4.46 gig download on my crappy line.
I usually get large downloads from work,but I am now off for 10 days.Grrrr.

If I decide to wait and get the full beta 4 and I have to un-install the original game,will that cost an activation?
I can't remember how to un-install to save on activations.Anyone jog my memory,thanks.


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Nate #3165341 12/25/10 10:46 AM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
-
Veteran
Veteran
- Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 16,082
Anyone care to teach me how to install Beta 4 without having to uninstall Beta 3? I'd like to have both on my system for comparison.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,300 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1