SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3148951 12/03/10 02:17 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 168
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 168
for you guys waiting for it, the patch is on now.


No matter what you do, the bullet with your name on it will get you. So, too, can the ones addressed "To Whom It May Concern".
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,146
Likes: 8
A
Hotshot
Hotshot
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 9,146
Likes: 8
Oh GAH!!!! And I just went to work!!!!


"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i7 14700k
Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite X
64GB Corsair DDR5 6400 Dominator Titanium
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 168
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 168
Oh boy!
That thing is HEAVY. I find it very hard to fly the new bomber when fully loaded with bombs and fuel. Once the bombs are gone, it's quite easyer. Also, that beast is droping speed quite fast during the landing approaches.


No matter what you do, the bullet with your name on it will get you. So, too, can the ones addressed "To Whom It May Concern".
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
-
Senior Member
Senior Member
- Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
Thanks for the heads up! Great job guys, just in time for the weekend and my birthday. Guess I won't be eating lunch today but testing out my new BOMBER! biggrin


Avatar

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 180
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 180
Going to start it up now
Thanks
Happy Flying!

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
M
meh
Veteran
meh
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
Sweet, I know what I am doing this weekend.

Hurry up and someone made a dogfight map with bombers and respawnable AI smile

p.s. someone should also make a german skin for the plan so both sides can use it till the gotha comes out.

Last edited by Master; 12/03/10 03:40 PM.
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 775
M
NEWGUY
Member
NEWGUY
Member
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 775
I am only working Monday through Thursday, so guess what I am doing today? pilot


Instead of complaining about SPAD 7s, Central pilots should capture and fly them too. I suggest putting an apple in the middle of your Aerodrome field and just wait. Eventually a SPAD 7 will come by to get the apple, cause SPADS can't resist apples. This is how the Entente gets a hold of SPAD 7s, m-kay?
-MJ Morrow
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,718
Going to let it download while I go fly a real plane, then when I get back I can fly a virtual one!


The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 921
B
Flight Instructor
Member
Flight Instructor
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 921
Originally Posted By: Dart
Going to let it download while I go fly a real plane, then when I get back I can fly a virtual one!


Whatcha flying?


bananadancebananadancebananadancebananadance attack ar15 bananadancebananadancebananadancebananadance
God damned bananas!!!
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 721
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 721
Originally Posted By: Dart
Going to let it download while I go fly a real plane, then when I get back I can fly a virtual one!


Lucky you. I've been grounded for weeks due to weather. Getting serious withdrawl problems...

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 13,367
281 mb


My Il-2 CoD movie web site: www.flightsimvids.com
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 244
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 244
Originally Posted By: Dart
Going to let it download while I go fly a real plane, then when I get back I can fly a virtual one!



Lucky you. I was going to get checked out in a 1975 182 RG today, but.. I have work all day, and tomorrow the weather will keep me down. Haven't flown since last Wednesday. I'm getting itchy because I never go faster then 130 kts. All I do is fly a cheap 150 and 172. 182RG should be a real treat.

Last edited by jared17; 12/03/10 04:46 PM.

Intel Core i7 3770k ~ 4.7 GHz
2x EVGA 780TI's
16GB Kingston Hyper-X RAM
MSI Z77 GD65 Gaming
Windows 7 Ultimate
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 775
M
NEWGUY
Member
NEWGUY
Member
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 775
Originally Posted By: Dart
Going to let it download while I go fly a real plane, then when I get back I can fly a virtual one!


Dart,
One of thse days it would be cool if you wrote an article about your experience learning to fly and how it informs your experience in flight sims and such. Have a great time flying!
S!
MJ


Instead of complaining about SPAD 7s, Central pilots should capture and fly them too. I suggest putting an apple in the middle of your Aerodrome field and just wait. Eventually a SPAD 7 will come by to get the apple, cause SPADS can't resist apples. This is how the Entente gets a hold of SPAD 7s, m-kay?
-MJ Morrow
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 77
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 77
Darn, I'm envious, too. Was supposed to be borrowing the Citabria yesterday, but the best laid plans of Mice and Men, as they say :/

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,520
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,520
Anyone spent some time flying now after 1.016 and able to report on frame rate affect? Will not download patch until I hear some word about how the frame rates are affected. Having a minimum spec PC causes some concern.
Hoping for a quick response.

BadBud
www.simflite.com

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted By: MJMORROW
Originally Posted By: Dart
Going to let it download while I go fly a real plane, then when I get back I can fly a virtual one!


Dart,
One of thse days it would be cool if you wrote an article about your experience learning to fly and how it informs your experience in flight sims and such. Have a great time flying!
S!
MJ

I thought he did but I can't find the article...


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 427
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 427
Frame rates are only affected of u bump the new effects up. Basically it breaks down like this:

Old shadows high = new shadows medium
Old reflections high = new reflections medium
Shaders max adds micro bumping
Turn lights to= 0 for no frame hit on lights...


Asus sabertooth x79
I7 3930k @4.3
EVGA GTX TITAN SC
16 GB Corsair vengeance quad chanel 1866
Obsidian Series 800D ATX Gaming Case
Samsung 24.6" @1920x1080
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
L
Veteran
Veteran
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,234
Originally Posted By: Vaporblast
Oh boy!
That thing is HEAVY. I find it very hard to fly the new bomber when fully loaded with bombs and fuel. Once the bombs are gone, it's quite easyer. Also, that beast is droping speed quite fast during the landing approaches.


Remember that a full fuel load gives the plane an 8-hour endurance. 50 percent fuel is plenty enough for the missions we will be flying with this plane.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,179
Originally Posted By: Master

p.s. someone should also make a german skin for the plan so both sides can use it till the gotha comes out.


Yeah! I thought this was already in the works for release?

What ever happened to that?


WingWalker (virtual) Combat Squadron

Intel i7 980X @3.8 GHz | ASUS P6X58D Premium | Antec 1200w PSU | 12GB 1600Mhz RAM
SLI - 2x eVGA GTX 580 3072MB vRAM | Dell 3007WFP 30" + 2x Dell 2007FP 20" @ 5388x1600 res.
Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD - O/S drive | Corsair Force 60GB SSD - ROF drive
WD VelociRaptor 300GB - Game drive | WD Black 1TB - Storage drive
CH HOTAS and TrackIR 5 +TCP | Realtek on-board sound | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,450
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,450
Question: I would assume it would be a good idea to back up the ACCData and Profiles files, correct? If those files get cleared, I could just copy and paste my originals, correct?


4H_V-man

System Specs:
MSI 870 A-G54
AMD X4 Phenom II @ 3.4 ghz
8 Gb DDR3 1333 RAM
1 Tb Western Digital
250 Gb Western Digital
320 Gb Seagate
Radeon HD 6970 graphics
Thermaltake 650 Modualar power supply
Thermaltake Element V full tower
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,079,077 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1