SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#312786 08/28/04 06:52 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
..for a little additional functionality of the controller options screen:

I want to add an 'autoconfigure' button that sets up the basic (minimal) controls correctly for different devices.. each device is identified by a Global Unique Identifier (GUID), and as I only own 3 game controllers, I need some help in getting as much other GUIDs as possible \:\)

To do this, you will have to download this file and start it, you will see a screen like this:

Press the 'Find GUID' button, the program will enumerate all devices and list their names and GUIDs in the box.. a 'success' messagebox should pop up when finished. After that, please save the result to a file (you can change the path if you want).

I�m interested in this file (duh \:\) ) and also your eech.ini with the joystick(s) enumerated mapped correctly to the in-game flight control axis.. if you own more than one stick, you will have to send more than on eech.ini of course \:\)

Please either post the files in this thread, or send it to [email protected] . Thanks \:\)

I am not sure when I can commit this new function to the cvs (there are some other unfixed issues ) but it shouldn�t take too long.. I hope \:\)

[Edit:] The controllers I own are a Saitek X36, a Logitech Wingman Force 3D and a MS Sidewinder Gamepad (ok I don�t expect this to be used :p ), OS is WinXP. I�m afraid I�ll have to account for the different OSs too, but I�m not sure about that yet.


Mr. Zorg: If ya want something done...do it yourself!!
#312787 08/29/04 12:12 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,891
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,891
I got trouble with your links, Retro.."page can't be found"
but here's my stick-settings for a Thrustmaster afterburner II "hotas"
cyclicn=0 # Joystick no. for the cyclic
cyclich=1 # Joystick DirectX axis for cyclic horizontal
cyclicv=2 # Joystick DirectX axis for cyclic vertical
collectiven=0 # Joystick no. for the collective
collectiveax=7 # Joystick DirectX acis for the collective
ruddern=0 # Joystick no. for the rudder
rudderax=6 # Joystick DirectX axis for the rudder

#312788 08/29/04 07:43 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
Murphy strikes ! \:\(

Alternate location


Mr. Zorg: If ya want something done...do it yourself!!
#312789 08/29/04 01:51 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,891
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,891
OK, got the prog. d/l -ed, but I'm missing a file called MFC71.DLL (WinXP pro, sp1)
Where can I get that?
I found it. I've sent you the result and my eech.ini
The register key says it's a TopGun Afterburner, it's actually a TopGun Afterburner II. I don't know if it matters

#312790 08/29/04 02:15 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
Arrrgh \:\( Shouldn�t have compiled with vc7.1 I guess

Extract them into the same directory you put the guidfinder into


Mr. Zorg: If ya want something done...do it yourself!!
#312791 08/31/04 05:27 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
Thanks to the single person who bothered to help yet.. Moje..


Mr. Zorg: If ya want something done...do it yourself!!
#312792 08/31/04 05:48 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1
## Thrustmaster Top Gun� AfterBurner (USB)
{B101044F-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}
## Microsoft SideWinder Precision Racing Wheel
{001A045E-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}

The devices are AfterBurner II (non-FFB), the wheel is also non-FFB.
The names detected correspond to those shown in the control panel.

From eech.ini:
cyclicn=0 # Joystick no. for the cyclic
cyclich=1 # Joystick DirectX axis for cyclic horizontal
cyclicv=2 # Joystick DirectX axis for cyclic vertical
collectiven=0 # Joystick no. for the collective
collectiveax=7 # Joystick DirectX acis for the collective
ruddern=0 # Joystick no. for the rudder
rudderax=6 # Joystick DirectX axis for the rudder


andrew

#312793 09/02/04 11:43 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 138
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 138
## Saitek X45 Flight Controller USB
{053C06A3-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}

cyclicn=0 # Joystick no. for the cyclic
cyclich=1 # Joystick DirectX axis for cyclic horizontal
cyclicv=2 # Joystick DirectX axis for cyclic vertical
collectiven=0 # Joystick no. for the collective
collectiveax=7 # Joystick DirectX acis for the collective
ruddern=0 # Joystick no. for the rudder
rudderax=6 # Joystick DirectX axis for the rudder


Core i5-2500K@4GHz | GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 | Kingston 4x2Gb 1600MHz HyperX Heat Sink | Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Gb | InWin Commander 850W | Win7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 | BenQ G2420HDB 1920x1080 | Saitek X52 | TrackIR5+TrackClip Pro
#312794 09/03/04 08:05 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
Great, thank you \:\) I'll try to do a new test version with this 'autoconfigure' stuff for you to play around ;\)


Mr. Zorg: If ya want something done...do it yourself!!
#312795 09/03/04 01:48 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
I did a new version.. there�s an update, see subsequent posts

Right-clicking axis to cycle backwards should now work, and there�s an 'autoconfigure' button.. click it and it tries to configure the basic flight controls for the connected joystick.. if you have more than one device connected, subsequent clicks configure the other devices..

(Hopefully) supported sticks for now
Saitek X36 Flight Controller USB
Saitek X45 Flight Controller USB
Thrustmaster Top Gun� AfterBurner (USB)
Logitech WingMan Force 3D USB
Microsoft� SideWinder� Plug & Play Game Pad

The axis are also labelled correctly - no more 'slider0', 'slider1' but the 'official' names ('rudder' 'throttle' etc)

Andrew, I�m a bit confused about the wheel.. do you use it with eech ? The eech.ini doesn�t seem to refer to it ?

Just put this over 15f

Feedback welcome, especially with OSs other than XP


Mr. Zorg: If ya want something done...do it yourself!!
#312796 09/03/04 02:36 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1
A
Junior Member
Junior Member
A Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally posted by Retro:

Andrew, I�m a bit confused about the wheel.. do you use it with eech ? The eech.ini doesn�t seem to refer to it ?
Of course not (but I might try to use the pedals as rudder)
I was under the impression you needed device GUIDs for autodetection, that's why I included it.

andrew

#312797 09/03/04 02:54 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
Hehe yes I was thinking of the pedals ;\)

Yup every GUID is welcome \:\)


Mr. Zorg: If ya want something done...do it yourself!!
#312798 09/03/04 07:50 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 64
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 64
## Saitek Cyborg Evo
{046406A3-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}

cyclicn=0 # Joystick no. for the cyclic
cyclich=1 # Joystick DirectX axis for cyclic horizontal
cyclicv=2 # Joystick DirectX axis for cyclic vertical
collectiven=0 # Joystick no. for the collective
collectiveax=3 # Joystick DirectX acis for the collective
ruddern=0 # Joystick no. for the rudder
rudderax=6 # Joystick DirectX axis for the rudder

Regards
Mr. Die Easy

#312799 09/03/04 08:54 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
Thank you \:\) I uploaded an updated version


Mr. Zorg: If ya want something done...do it yourself!!
#312800 09/03/04 10:23 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 138
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 138
Thanks Retro!
What else did you changed in w15f2?

Also, can you the include the deadzone for Rudder axis or insert statement "dzd=0.0" for cyclic dead zone? The default for cyclic is 0.0" for Rudder?

Are you working on increasing the FPS around cities? I have around 10-15 FPS around cities on my PC. \:\(


Core i5-2500K@4GHz | GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 | Kingston 4x2Gb 1600MHz HyperX Heat Sink | Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Gb | InWin Commander 850W | Win7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 | BenQ G2420HDB 1920x1080 | Saitek X52 | TrackIR5+TrackClip Pro
#312801 09/06/04 01:57 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 729
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 729
Umm... Retro.... Umm... Not wishing to sound thick ( even if I am \:D ), but what do I do with the rar file I downloaded????


You Bend 'em

We Mend 'em
#312802 09/06/04 02:04 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,891
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,891
I assume you'll unpack it with winrar and put the file in the cohokum-folder ;\)
(Haven't done it myself yet)

#312803 09/06/04 02:45 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,555
Yes :p

Soooo.. does it work ? \:\)

KLiM, nothing major changed from f1 to f2, just the addition of a few GUIDs. Yup this version is slow aound cities but that should not happen (too much) in the 'official' eechdev version. I do not have plans to look into this (wouldn�t look where to look either)

Good point about the removed deadzone business.. this should be fixed of course but right now I�m really business with a few other ventures \:\(


Mr. Zorg: If ya want something done...do it yourself!!
#312804 09/07/04 09:59 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 729
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally posted by Moje:
I assume you'll unpack it with winrar and put the file in the cohokum-folder ;\)
(Haven't done it myself yet)
[Thick Mode]
Ummm....

What's winrar??? \:\)

[/Thick Mode]


Quote:
Originally posted by Retro:
Yes :p

Soooo.. does it work ? \:\)

Don't know, not got it installed yet \:D


You Bend 'em

We Mend 'em
#312805 09/07/04 10:12 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,891
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,891
Sorry Fixer, should have been more informative.
Winrar is a packing-prog. similar to winzip.
Get it here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,649 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1