|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 15,158 |
man that's pretty i hope it's sturdier on the insides than the cougar was
Mobo ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0) Memory CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 GPU 2 EVGA 680 FTW 4GB CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz) Drives 2 HITACHI Deskstar 3TB 2 Crucial 256 GB SSD Displays 3 HP ZR30w 30" monitors UPS Cyberpower PP2200SW PSU Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W Case COOLER MASTER CM Storm Trooper Drive LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray CPU cooler Noctua 6 Dual Heatpipe Fans COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 OS Windows 7 Premium
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733 |
For those of you who have not read the "A Few More Details" post-E3 Warthog article, it breaks down the rudder options for the Warthog in detail: http://www.simhq.com/_technology3/technology_175a.html
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,124
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,124 |
Roger that, Cali. Rest assured, we're all thick skinned and we don't need to trudge off to mamby-pambyland like a bunch of jackwagons looking for our self-confidence.  (For those outside the US and/or who haven't seen it, this is a reference to a car insurance commercial that had a drill-sergeant type dude acting as a psychotherapist....R Lee Ermey). Teej Will you guys now fly with the Warthog throttle and put the Cougar aside despite that you fly virtual F-16?
Si hay que huir, YO PRIMERO!!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 637
Sith Lord Member
|
|
Sith Lord Member
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 637 |
It's probably going to be a quadrature hall sensor like the Allegro A1230 Link But I'll be interested to see how they mount the magnet. The T.16000M was with a coil spring and ring system. Link
Ours is not to reason why. Ours is to do or die. Tennyson
I have slipped the surly bonds of earth And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings.. Gillespie Magee, RCAF
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 42
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 42 |
If I am reading that site correctly, it would appear they have sold more than they are getting in stock. Is this the case? I see your point of view but the math is correct. They had 57 on order total of which was 35 heading to PA inventory and only 22 going to their CA inventory. My "position in line" is 22 out of the PA inbound inventory and overall I'm 33 out of the total of 57. I should have been more clear or not be so excited and just leave out this detail. BTW, they have sold all 57 as of earlier today. See capture excerpt of the page I printed just after ordering in which I noted the numbers that incremented.
Last edited by Hawkwind; 10/10/10 01:25 AM. Reason: Well I guess the upload file to this post is not working.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 79
Virtual Thunderbirds Junior Member
|
|
Virtual Thunderbirds Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 79 |
Will you guys now fly with the Warthog throttle and put the Cougar aside despite that you fly virtual F-16? Short answer: Yes. Longer answer: Whichever stick does a better job. Truth: The Cougar is at the end of its life cycle, and even though I love my FSSB modded Cougar with TQS +HS1, metal switch casings and what not (plus the feeling that I need to justify its sheer $ investment), the HW is already making room for my poor Kitty to collect dust in the closet...
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by ThrustmasterThermaltake V9 BlacX Case | Corsair HX 850W PSU | EVGA X58 FTW3 | 24 GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600 | Intel i7-950 @ 4GHz | Corsair H50 Cooler | EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift | X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB 7200RPM | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 9
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 9 |
Anyone have the Thrustmaster MFDs? Are they worth getting? I have been playing with the Warthog beta for the last bit and can see that the TM MFDs might come in very handy with the OSB buttons.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 465
"just do it" Member
|
|
"just do it" Member
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 465 |
they are working on implementing the MFD's from cougar...some where on the Beta forum they stated this I did not have time to go and search. I off to work..
71st Eagle Squadronwww.anon6.com - Blogger on DCS Series 71st Mastiff's you-Tube"any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back" Asus x-99||i7x5930k||ddr4 16gb2400||GTX980Ti-6gb|| ATX1200Corsair||realteck 5.1||Win8.1x64pro|| TrackIr4Pro/ir||CHfghtrstck||siatekpedals| |X52ThrteCntrlr||G15Keyboard/RzrMose|| 32"LCD||2x7"lilliputs,1x9inc
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 8
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 8 |
When Where....... How much!! so many questions,with no answers.... I want one...and I want it now DADDY!!!!! I neeeeeeeeed it before xmas!!!
On a serious note,is that the 29th of OCT that its released? Would I be too bold as to ask,when its on offer in Australia???
woohooooo!!!! you're going down bandits!!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 9,859
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 9,859 |
Lets hope their QC is a hell of a lot more effective than their first time round?  Anyway, what if you dont have the first set...do you still need to buy it or will TM release an A10 stand alone set? Mailman
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 58
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 58 |
 Pre-ordered Warthog. Also threw in TrackIR 5 too. Six hundred big ones 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,508 |
Anyway, what if you dont have the first set...do you still need to buy it or will TM release an A10 stand alone set?
What are you asking here? The HOTAS Cougar, Cougar MFD and HOTAS Warthog are all separate products. None requires any other. If you have the MFDs, the Warthog's new software (TARGET and script based) will let you program them. I would _expect_ (but I haven't been told or given any indication one way or the other, so this is NOT a promise from me or TM) that the software will go up on the website like their other software, and you'd be able to use it with the MFDs w/o having a Warthog (again, only my personal speculation).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1 |
I found a U.S. patent document by Guillemot that probably shows how the Warthog stick works: Thrustmaster Warthog Design Patent It has lots of diagrams, but the wording is legal mumbo-jumbo. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 811
Jack of all trades Member
|
|
Jack of all trades Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 811 |
Anyone have the Thrustmaster MFDs? Are they worth getting? I have been playing with the Warthog beta for the last bit and can see that the TM MFDs might come in very handy with the OSB buttons. I've got those and I really like them, especially for DCS: A10C it really elevates the game further that you can just mash their buttons instead of throwing the mouse around. plus they automatically got setup to that game. Staffan
I've been behind before and still managed to loose
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 170
Shrek 9th Air Strike Sqn Member
|
|
Shrek 9th Air Strike Sqn Member
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 170 |
So the MFD Cougar pack are compatible with dcs: a-10c???
Lukas ----------------------------------- Intel i5 4670K | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT Tempest | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H | 8GB DDR3-1600 Crusial Ballistix | Asus GTX570 DC-II | 2 x WD 500GB | Corsair HX1000W | 22�+18.5" Samsung | TrackIR 4 | HOTAS Warthog | G25 | W7 x64 Ultimate
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 637
Sith Lord Member
|
|
Sith Lord Member
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 637 |
Wow JK, that's an interesting read. Thanks.
After giving the patent a thorough read-through, it'll be interesting to see how long piece 215 holds up in the field. It's taking all the force of the spring and has the upper cup grinding against it.
Last edited by Ltfransky; 10/11/10 06:10 PM.
Ours is not to reason why. Ours is to do or die. Tennyson
I have slipped the surly bonds of earth And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings.. Gillespie Magee, RCAF
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733 |
So the MFD Cougar pack are compatible with dcs: a-10c??? The MFD Cougar Pack is compatible with any application that recognizes joystick buttons. Each MFD is basically a 20-button joystick with no axes. What's nice about using the MFD Cougar Pack with DCS: A-10C is that the devices should be automatically recognized and configured.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 170
Shrek 9th Air Strike Sqn Member
|
|
Shrek 9th Air Strike Sqn Member
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 170 |
Nice! That makes me think about purchasing a pack when the price is right.
Lukas ----------------------------------- Intel i5 4670K | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT Tempest | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H | 8GB DDR3-1600 Crusial Ballistix | Asus GTX570 DC-II | 2 x WD 500GB | Corsair HX1000W | 22�+18.5" Samsung | TrackIR 4 | HOTAS Warthog | G25 | W7 x64 Ultimate
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,222 Likes: 2
More projects than sense! Member
|
|
More projects than sense! Member
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,222 Likes: 2 |
...now if someone would just make a set of LCD panels that would fit in the MFD holes...  g.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 67
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 67 |
It's probably going to be a quadrature hall sensor like the Allegro A1230 Link But I'll be interested to see how they mount the magnet. The T.16000M was with a coil spring and ring system. Link I was told, on this forum, that T.16000M has a MLX90333 Hall sensor chip and running in digital mode (I guess most likely in SPI mode instead of PWM). So, the chances are good that it's MLX90333 inside Warthog (good for me if it turns out to be true, as I have a USD $1700 programmer for MLX chips; bought for the DiH and DiXYHS projects). Plus, the Allegro chip you provided link with has quadrature output, it would be a pain in the you know where for this application. With MLX90333, all you really need is a MLX90333, 3 capacitors, a magnet (Neo most likely), and a mechanism to move the magnet on a spherical trajectory. What's the obvious solution? A ball! But, the newest TM press release does say a "Cardan" mechanism, i.e. a universal joint. Fransky, wanna bet? $5? I bet it's MLX90333 in the Warthog stick, anything else I lose.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|