SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2967248 02/27/10 03:13 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 475
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 475
Where did Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising go?


i7 2600K
ASUS GTX580
46' LED
Bose Speakers
TM Warthog (CH Products, Logitech G-940 and Cougar are gathering dust)
TrackIR 4 w/Vector
VAC
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Lucky812 #2967293 02/27/10 06:06 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
J
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
It's pretty much dead; so I think they removed the forum for it and grouped it into general

JoeyJoJo #2967390 02/27/10 01:52 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
yep... what you didn't notice that in the last month the only thing posted was how it was dead and codemaster failed with it. lol.

Lucky812 #2967744 02/28/10 03:06 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
I didn't even bother w/ the demo after reading through some of the posts posted here at SimHQ, it just seemed like a waste of time.


"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"
Brennus #2967770 02/28/10 04:15 AM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
Actually it's a great co-op game...just a lot of issues still and IMO, they dropped the ball with MP... so much potential.

Magnum #2967778 02/28/10 04:36 AM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Beat the Kobayashi Maru
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,581
Bingo.
Worth owning IMO, due to SP and coop campaign, but MP...I hope they get it right next time.


·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor
Raw Kryptonite #2968212 03/01/10 12:13 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
I liked it.

Now, I just bought ArmA2 this weekend at Best Buy because it was on sale for $30. We'll see if I continue playing OFP:DR.

pfunk


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
PFunk #2968597 03/01/10 07:42 PM
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
C
Lifer
Lifer
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 22,096
Originally Posted By: PFunk
I liked it.

Now, I just bought ArmA2 this weekend at Best Buy because it was on sale for $30. We'll see if I continue playing OFP:DR.

pfunk


ArmA 2 Military Monday is tonight. wink


Wisdom is knowing what's enough
citizen guod #2968776 03/02/10 12:38 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
They'd frag me for incompetence.

pfunk


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
PFunk #2970239 03/04/10 01:55 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,342
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,342
Originally Posted By: PFunk
They'd frag me for incompetence.

pfunk


Ok then, Arma Warfare is this Saturday, and you don't have an excuse about incompetence for that.

Remon #2970607 03/05/10 02:21 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 6,856
C
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Hotshot
Mach 2 Infrared Orangutan
Hotshot
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 6,856
Steam has it for $7.49 this weekend


Robots are stealing my luggage.
Clydewinder #2970627 03/05/10 03:21 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
You have GOT to be kidding me. I thought I was getting a hell of a deal for $30.

Sheesh.

pfunk


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
PFunk #2970636 03/05/10 03:36 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,588
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,588
OFDR is the one that's on sale for 7.49, not ARMA2


All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the corps!
gallycadet #2970682 03/05/10 05:11 AM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
So, is it worth my time and money?


"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"
Magnum #2970775 03/05/10 11:26 AM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 128
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 128
Originally Posted By: Magnum
yep... what you didn't notice that in the last month the only thing posted was how it was dead and codemaster failed with it. lol.


You guys can expect absolutely no help from me when it comes to any future Codemasters games, whether F1 or any DR sequel or anything else. It's very easy to sit on some poxy internet site and pass judgement on something without knowing the problems it faced in development or how lucky we were that it wasn't just plain canned.

Magnum, you wouldn't know what goes in to making a game if it jumped up and smacked you on your fat face.

FranMulhern #2970883 03/05/10 03:37 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 960
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 960
I bought ArmA2 right when it came out with every intention of FINALLY getting myself into tactical-squad games like that ... tried over and over to enjoy it, and just never "got it". I always felt like I was fumbling around, unsure of what to do, clumsily grasping for controls. It seemed to have so much potential, but I just couldn't coax it out -- or maybe it was just beyond me, the first-person equivalent of the study-sim.

Then a few months ago I tried the OFDR demo, and it just felt incredibly more intuitive and fluid to me -- nowhere near perfect, but a better fit to me, personally, than ArmA2. It was also quite a bit better looking, IMO. But then I reasoned that given the limited gaming time I had anyway, it made no sense to plunge 50 more bucks into another game that I might never put more than a few hours into. So I uninstalled the demo and promptly forgot all about it.

Then yesterday I see Steam has it for 75% off at $7.49. Hell yes I'll bite!

So now I'm back in. Is this game really dead? I hope not. Although as with most games, I think I'd be content even with just single-player alone, I'd really love to run some co-op.

Last edited by GregP; 03/05/10 03:38 PM.

i7-9700K / MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon AC / 64GB DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / VKB GF MkIII + MCG Pro
GregP #2970885 03/05/10 03:38 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
GreP, are you willing to sell ARMA2?

Just a question :P


Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
komemiute #2970889 03/05/10 03:45 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 960
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 960
komemiute,

PM sent.


i7-9700K / MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon AC / 64GB DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / VKB GF MkIII + MCG Pro
GregP #2970902 03/05/10 03:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 198
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 198
GregP,
PM me if you want to try some co-op with OFPDR. The game is still sitting on my shelf and I would really like to give it a go as I have heard that it shines in co-op mode. Fortunately our time zones are only 1 hour apart.


AMD Phenom II X4 955BE @3.5 GHz
Zotac GTX 560 Ti OC 1GB
4 GB DDR3 RAM @1600MHz
XP Home SP3
Shelldrake #2970905 03/05/10 03:58 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
K
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
Hell Drummer
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,033
Saw it, replied. smile


Click to reveal..
"Himmiherrgottksakramentzefixhallelujah!"
Para_Bellum

"It takes forever +/- 2 weeks for the A-10 to get anywhere significant..."
Ice

"Ha! If it gets him on the deck its a start!"
MigBuster

"What people like and what critics praise are rarely the same thing. 'Critic' is just another one of those unnecessary, overpaid, parasitic jobs that the human race has churned out so that clever slackers won't have to actually get a real job and possibly soil their hands."
Sauron
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,566 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1