SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#2908904 11/27/09 09:40 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 317
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 317
Does anyone here have FSX installed on other than C drive?

I am not quite confident about the idea: Will there be any negative effect on performance if I decided to make my C drive lighter, relocating FSX/Acceleration Expansion/Scenery and other add-on stuffs to a much more spacious drive, say E?

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,130
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,130
I�have FSX installed on my games HDD called D:. So no problems here. Should work with all games and programs wehre you can choose the install destination...
Additional I think it have a little positive side effect having games and programs on another drive than that with the OS...

Last edited by EagleEye[GER]; 11/27/09 09:53 AM.
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 317
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 317
Great to hear that.
Thanks.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,801
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,801
Originally Posted By: Bono
Will there be any negative effect on performance if I decided to make my C drive lighter, relocating FSX/Acceleration Expansion/Scenery and other add-on stuffs to a much more spacious drive, say E?


No.

If you have multiple physical harddrives in your PC always select the fastest one for FSX.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 491
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 491
I have FSX on a different drive with no problems.
There are a few config/settings files that FSX puts in your My Application setting area.
But other than that program can go anywhere.

I try to keep my C: drive for just operating system stuff and put the games and music on separate drives for max performance.


Cheers
Stuntie.
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,636
S
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,636
I have run it on the D drive with no bad effects. If your D drive is just as fast as the C drive, it should not matter.

Right now though, I have XP on the C drive and Win 7 on the D drive with FSX running on Win 7.

If the E drive was an external drive like a USB, then I doubt that it would run worth a crap.


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,728 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1