SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#2838989 08/11/09 02:25 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,890
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,890
Anyone using SLI with this sim? If you are how do you have it set up?


"A time when America was great,,when the chrome was thick and the women were straight" - Micheal Savage

"If you really want to experience flight in this life then you have to strap a DC-3 to your ass." - Buffalo Joe McBryan President & Captain Buffalo Airways
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Warbirds #2839026 08/11/09 03:14 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 37
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 37
And how much boost it your frames?

J99Sizzlorr #2839109 08/11/09 05:16 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 59
Z
Junior Member
Junior Member
Z Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 59
There's an in depth discussion on this over at the official forums as well. Most are finding no advantage to using SLI, and some are even seeing performance loss when set up through Nhancer.


Zach Waddell
DCS BS
RoF
MSFS X/2004
And a lot of real world flying:)
ZLwaddell #2839265 08/11/09 09:13 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
Get the EVGA SLI patch. It has an SLI enabled profile for ROF. I saw an increase.

Jason

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,520
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,520
What is SLI?
BadBud
www.simflite.com

BadBud #2839311 08/11/09 10:43 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 548
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 548
Originally Posted By: BadBud
What is SLI?
BadBud
www.simflite.com


SLI is Nvidia's term for running two video cards in tandem on your Mobo.


If one video card isn't enough for you, drop in a another and run two!

ATI calls it Crossfire.

Toadvine #2839319 08/11/09 10:59 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 139
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 139
2x8800 GT

No appreciable performance increase.

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
-
Senior Member
Senior Member
- Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,984
Originally Posted By: 777 Studios - Jason
Get the EVGA SLI patch. It has an SLI enabled profile for ROF. I saw an increase.


Seriously? Cool! Thanks for the heads up!! cheers

Edited for the following question: Do you have to be using a certain driver version for this to work or can you use any of their drivers? Thanks.

Last edited by -Avatar-; 08/11/09 11:01 PM.

Avatar

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, i7 2700k @4.7GHz, EVGA GTX570HD 301.42s, 1x120gb SSD, 2x150gb WD Raptors, 2x200gb SATA, 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2130, 1000W PS, HP DVD-RW, Onboard sound, 32" Sony Bravia XBR, Win7 Pro 64bit, Tai Chi watercooled case
-Avatar- #2869001 09/28/09 07:24 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Yea, can we get a link or HOW-TO for that patch? I have a GTX 295 and ROF doesn't run nearly as well as I'd expect.

jdolan #2869279 09/29/09 03:52 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 200
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 200
I have a GTX 295. Single card reads as two GPU's. I had horrible graphics issues with ROF. Texture corruptions that would crash the game. Check this thread out http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=2040&start=70 disabling SLI fixed it.

gn728 #2869288 09/29/09 04:33 AM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
7
Senior Member
Senior Member
7 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,257
I have a 295 and it runs fine with SLI enabled. Make sure you have the latest drivers before turning on SLI.

Jason

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 200
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 200
Getting the latest driver was the first thing I tried when I the problem started - it persisted. Then I saw the thread over at neoqb and realized that many were having the same issues. Switching off SLI fixed it for some - I tried it - it worked, switching it back on started it again.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 221
I
Member
Member
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 221
My 295 runs great with SLI enabled as well. Everything maxed out.

intramile #2869334 09/29/09 06:14 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 200
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 200
Good ol computers....

gn728 #2869342 09/29/09 06:52 AM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,474
I have a GTX 295. Single card reads as two GPU's. I had horrible graphics issues with ROF. Texture corruptions that would crash the game

Yeah gn728, same situation with my ATI 4870x2, solved by disabling Catalyst AI. I had thought it was just an ATI issue. The landscape is terribly corrupted, geometric shapes and weird clouds etc. Its strange because I am sure I read a post by a neoqb staff member that ROF could actually use both GPUS, but in practice it is unplayable with both, at least my end. Not a biggie for me though as it runs ok on one.

Last edited by Biggles07; 09/29/09 06:52 AM.
Biggles07 #2869722 09/29/09 06:33 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 150
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 150
Originally Posted By: Biggles07
[i] >snip< I read a post by a neoqb staff member that ROF could actually use both GPUS, but in practice it is unplayable with both, at least my end. Not a biggie for me though as it runs ok on one.


It does work very well with both GPU cores on my machine with a HD4870 X2 and Catylist AI on or off. I have OC'd both cores to 782/ 960 and do not get artifacts. Are you monitoring your gpu's during gameplay to check for temps and confirm both cores are active?

fox3 #2870269 09/30/09 01:41 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,004
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,004
2x XFX 9800GT (SLI) installed.
EVGA SLI "patch" installed with latest matching drivers.

No appeciable improvement in framerate. Maybe a 5% improvement in benchmark scores.

However, I also have fatal graphics anomolies in RoF now. Going SLI for RoF is not a good option. Probably going to end up pulling the 2nd 9800GT and selling it on eBay. Just been to busy to mess with it.


Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,588 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1