SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 745
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 745


This pack contains two campaigns for Third Wire Production�s flight simulator First Eagles: �Second Battle of the Marne� and �Hundred Days Offensive.�

These campaigns portray events in the Verdun Sector during the German offensive and Allied counteroffensives between 15 July and 12 September 1918. Players can now begin their FE careers in mid-July rather than mid-September, covering the entire period when the USAS was equipped with the SPAD XIII.

Second Battle of the Marne, 15 July - 5 August
Two new aerodromes are included in this campaign: Touquin for the USAS (where the 1st Pursuit Group was based during Second Marne), and Leffincourt for the Germans (home of JG II during Second Marne). In actuality, both of these fields were miles west of the Verdun map, but they'll do for our purposes. I've based the 1st Pursuit Group and JG II squadrons at these new fields (27th Aero, 94th Aero, 95th Aero, 147th Aero, Jasta 12, Jasta 13. Jasta 15, and Jasta 19).

As far as I can tell, during July, French squadrons were based at the same aerodromes they occupied in September. If I'm wrong, perhaps our French colleagues can provide more information.

An offensive and counteroffensive is represented by ground units around Reims, along with balloons and AAA emplacements along the lines.

Hundred Days Offensive, 8 August - 11 September
Most of the action on the Western Front was north of Verdun during this period, around Amiens and the Somme. Squadrons in this campaign are based in the same aerodromes they will occupy on 12 September. Since the Verdun Sector was relatively quiet at this time, no ground units are included.

(This campaign has also been submitted to CombatAce.)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,844
Likes: 1
B
Viceroy of Huntly
Hotshot
Viceroy of Huntly
Hotshot
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,844
Likes: 1
Joker,

I don't have the game yet, however, when I do get around to installing and setting it up, this will be one of the first add-ons I'll look at.

I love campaigning. \:D


It's a Game. smile
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,962
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,962
looks good! thanx \:\)

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 21
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 21
Great stuff, cant wait to try it out.

\:\)


Sim, Scale, and Scratch Modeling, RC Fan, I use home built fighters with working jet engines. All my jets have wireless rotating nose cams, so I can fly via laptop video when my birds go a bit out of range
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 170
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 170
Joker,, just flew the first mission in the Hundred days campiagn. Good stuff, had a great time. At least untill I had to turn away from my prey, right into the lap of fellow wingman. I'm afraid that he bit the dust in that blunder.

I didn't fair so well either. Lost top wing. It was pretty wild. Soon as I hit him, and saw my upper wing depart, I just knew I was a goner. However, I squirreled around for a brief moment then leveled out about 200 feet AGL. Had the intelligent thought to gently turn toward home.

It was working, then I noted that with one wing, I had a whole lot less drag, was quickly speeding up to 127 knots. Then was when I bought the farm, my SE5 all of a sudden nosed over and I no longer had any control. Boooommm.

Thanks for the work on the campaign. Lots of Enemy to play with and thanks to Gramps for the AAA units that you placed. Tremendous effort.

Will have another go at it tomorrow night.
Thanks again Joker,,and Gramps, JimC.


Win7 64 bit
I7 3770 3.4 Ghz
16 GB Ram
Geforce 650 TI Boost 2GB
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 61
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 61


Thanks Joker! Much appreciated.

--Snipe

Joined: May 2000
Posts: 275
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 275
Great stuff. Those Gotha gunners sure are master expert sharpshooters. They shot down every single Spad that went after their planes -- including me. Glad to see that you used the Gothas (I think). Good work.

CB

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 745
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 745
Glad you're enjoying the campaigns, guys! Thanks for the kind words.

Actually, JimC, I didn't use Gramps' gunners in either of these add-ons. However, it would certainly be easy enough to include them.

Everybody is welcome to mod these campaigns as they see fit. \:\)

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 21
L
Junior Member
Junior Member
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally posted by Joker:
Everybody is welcone to mod these campaigns as they see fit. \:\)
*gasp*

Someone who is selfless with his work, unheard of! Ive not seen this since the early modding days. Anyone remember those days? Way back to early Janes sims? When you did it to be part of a community and most important, not for yourself but for the community?

Hopefully its a trend back to the good ole days of "community".

\:\)


Sim, Scale, and Scratch Modeling, RC Fan, I use home built fighters with working jet engines. All my jets have wireless rotating nose cams, so I can fly via laptop video when my birds go a bit out of range
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,160
M
MK2 Offline
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,160
Joker , is there anyway you can upload it at http://www.combatace.com

That way it will live on well past this thread.

Thanks!

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 745
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 745
Quote:
Originally posted by MK2:
Joker , is there anyway you can upload it at http://www.combatace.com

That way it will live on well past this thread.

Thanks!
Been there since 21 December, MK2. 118 downloads so far. Thanks! \:\)

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,481
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,481
Yep ...

Thats where I got it from !


vK

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 745
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 745
PS y'all:

Remember to install the single file wwiverdun_targets.ini into the Terrain/wwiverdun directory, NOT the Campaigns directory. Otherwise, you'll get a CTD.

This is the file that defines the locations of the new airfields and outposts along the Front. If you put the file in the wrong place, FE won't be able to find the new airbases or outposts.


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,951 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1