SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#2724050 05/13/09 08:29 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 319
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 319
Hi.. thumbsup

I just find some pics of the Arma 2 water.. 5 pics and it's looking very good... boing
There is no time to write anything now, but we have finally water in ARMA2 and yes, its not on sea level. Water can be placed anywhere in any height. Damn, there are more then 50 different ponds, lakes and dams smile And for the last, every water surface could be different. So take a look and taste, how autumn coming in to Chernarus.
PS: Yes, we know that there is grass in pond, we will finallize clutter mask tommorow wink










Over and Out.. exitstageleft Flyfinn






Last edited by Flyfinn; 05/13/09 08:31 PM.

Aiming on UUU pilots...
Sauna time..yeeeh!

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
J
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
finally!!! now we can have rivers/creeks/lakes! Man, those graphics are looking more and more like STALKER's (which ain't a bad thing)

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
Lifer
Lifer
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
ArmA meets Half Life 2 biggrin

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
My video card is already complaining!

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
U
Member
Member
U Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,292
Hmmm, need to convince the wife that my 1 year old desktop is too old and I have to build a new one.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794
A
Veteran
Veteran
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 19,794
Looks great, thanks for sharing the pics!


WARNING: This post contains opinions produced in a facility which also occasionally processes fact products.
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,897
D
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,897
I saw pics of a dam, I was wondering about water levels, looking good.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
I was hoping there would be a dam present, good special forces/insurgent missions there!

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,908
B
Bullet Magnet
Member
Bullet Magnet
Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,908
Very nice. smile


"My doctor says I wouldn't get so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger out of there." - Ralph Wiggum
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Urban Legend
Hotshot
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,946
Lookin' good!


"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here."

- Jayne Cobb, "Firefly"
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
The second pic is amazing in color and "muddy" appearance. The way the water ends and merges with the grass gives it a nice blend effect, not at all bad.

I just hope all that visual goodness comes at a respectable framerate. My system runs Stalker quite well, even at highest details, but Arma at the same resolution can be very slow.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 319
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 319
Hi.. pilot

Ok I did find 1 more pics..looking awesome..is it the sea..?
Ok take care..saunatime this weekend..
Over and Out.. exitstageleft Flyfinn



Aiming on UUU pilots...
Sauna time..yeeeh!

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
J
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
Wurkin' man
Hotshot
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,493
Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
The second pic is amazing in color and "muddy" appearance. The way the water ends and merges with the grass gives it a nice blend effect, not at all bad.

I just hope all that visual goodness comes at a respectable framerate. My system runs Stalker quite well, even at highest details, but Arma at the same resolution can be very slow.


I agree that they don't really need to remove the grass from the water; gives it a nice marshy feel (I've seen several ponds that have grass/weeds growing out of them). It looks like they also got the algae around the edges too. I remember scooping that stuff up and having "algae fights" as a kid lol! Probably not very healthy... hick
I think STALKER runs better because it doesn't render nearly size of the world that ArmA does.

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 597
X
Shooter
Member
Shooter
Member
X Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 597
Fishing, anyone?

XRoK


Too often we focus on the negative or the misfortune of others and in turn neglect to follow through on our own responsibilities as individuals.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
W
Senior Member
Senior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,648
Thats what I was thinking. smile When you taking me xRok?


Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,674 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1