SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 13
U
Junior Member
Junior Member
U Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 13
I am new in this sim, just got from ebay. Can some one explain step by step how to instal this pit? I desperatly want to try Tomcat. Thanks for any help!


Rectum Non Bustus (LSO motto)
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
J
Joe Offline
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
UDT,

If you are new to the sim, I suggest you just use the Tomcat pit that is included in existing TSH releases. You can find more information and downloads in the links in my sig. Start with the TSH Add-on installation guide.

There is no doubt that the Tomcat cockpit being tested in this thread is better than the existing TSH Tomcat, but it is still beta.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
T
ToS
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
 Originally Posted By: Flamedog
It works! Thanks ToS! It looks great! I will be using it when I have the chance to fly some tomcat missions. When I go to the 18 pit, the MFD's stay where they were in the tomcat and there aren't any animations but I think I got all the buttons down. It would be awesome if this could be integrated into the TSH package to replace the old pit! Right now I have to change the object package back and forth when I install and uninstall the pit so I can fly the Rhino and Tomcat when I want. Thanks again, it's awesome!


I�m glad it works now !
would you mind to send me a file list or screenshot of your original objects folder ? I have still no clue what is causing the CTD and comparing your folder with the one that keeps crashing on my machine may yield some insights.

Concerning the screwed up F18 pit: there�s an easy fix but I can�t remember the file names off the top of my head - I�ll come back on that.

@ UDT:

Follow Joe�s advise.
Once you have a running TSH 3.06 install and feel comfortable with the sim drop me a PM and I�ll include you in the beta test.



Last edited by ToS; 08/04/08 06:10 PM.
ToS #2563610 08/06/08 02:20 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 13
U
Junior Member
Junior Member
U Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 13
Thanks! I installed TSH 3, and now flying Tomcat, it's not so bad. \:D


Rectum Non Bustus (LSO motto)
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
T
ToS
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
allright - drop me your email address and your in the pit ;\)

ToS #2622032 11/24/08 12:31 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
T
ToS
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
just realised that it was about one year ago when I started this project......

well we�re getting closer:


I found a way to kill some polys and added instead....:

yepp, that�s a pilot

still a lot of things left (e.g. throttles are out of place and myn small fine tuning)...

Cheerio,
Chris

Last edited by ToS; 11/25/08 07:14 AM.
ToS #2622061 11/24/08 02:21 AM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,294
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,294
Nice work - Hopefully you'll have it done by the time I finally release my new 3 part F-14 campaign.

I have finished all the missions for part II and now have to pull together the campaign text files and test it all.

I can't wait to fly it in your new pit.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
That looks awesome! Great job as usual. I'm enjoying the beta when I get the chance but I can't switch between the 14 and 18 pit to make sure the switches are in the right position (the 18 pit is all messed up) and I havent memorized all the keystrokes. (I'm a mouse clicker). It's also a bit of a pain switching the object folders in and out when I want to go between Hornet and Tomcat. The tomcat pit itself is unbelievably awesome though.

Flamedog


Fly EP-3E___|___
__@__@__(_ _)__@__@__
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
T
ToS
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
Yes the install/ uninstall procedure isn�t working like I planed. This will be fixed in the final release. The full mod will contain new loadouts, squadrons, pilots and if possible all available tomcat mission and campaigns. There are so many files involved that I will probably just set up a second f18 game folder (kind of it worked with the warfarefix).

@ Major Dragon: I enjoyed the first part of your campaign, though I haven�t flown all missions yet. Great missions (as always) and a pleasure to fly the cat in the AA role. I�m really low on free time so the tomcat mod might not be finished before late winter/ spring.

btw. I fixed a few things on the port kneepanel - next in line is a revision of the dat-files (kind of no fun part).

Last edited by ToS; 11/25/08 07:17 AM.
ToS #2622922 11/25/08 02:53 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
J
Joe Offline
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Originally Posted By: ToS
There are so many files involved that I will probably just set up a second f18 game folder (kind of it worked with the warfarefix).
Please don't do this. It is important that there be only a single version of Jane's F-18. This was a major problem with WarfareFix and is the main reason the project never gained a large foothold.


Have you tried Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler? If you structure your folders properly (i.e. the same way they are structured in a JF-18 installation), JSGME can install/uninstall packages into any game with minimal fuss. It is a fantastic tool for testing things and being able to return to a previous state.

Joe #2623136 11/25/08 08:14 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
T
ToS
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
Originally Posted By: Joe
[quote=ToS]
Have you tried Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler?


no - but thankx for the hint, never heard about that one before. Just downloaded it, will definately give it a try

Cheers,
Chris

Joe #2624502 11/28/08 01:35 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,004
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,004
Originally Posted By: Joe
Please don't do this. It is important that there be only a single version of Jane's F-18.

Amen, Bother Joe!

Having ONE common, compatible version of Jane's F/A-18 is the single most significant factor in the continued success of this sim in the muti-player arena. There are precious few of us left, and having a single, no questions, upgrade path to be able to immediately fly with others is critical.

On the couple of occasions when I tried to get into Falcon4, I was quickly discouraged and put it away for one main reason: at every turn when looking for guidance, my question was universally met with this response: "Oh, you have the WRONG upgrade path installed. You need to un-install, re-install, and re-upgrade this way."

It's worth whatever we need to do to coordinate with TSH as the ONE WAY to ultimately keep ONE UPGRADE PATH for Jane's F/A-18. (I understand that may not be possible during development and beta testing, but please make it the end-game goal!)

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
T
ToS
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
small christmas update:










I made some good progress, the MOD will ship with Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler (works like a charm - thx again Joe)

Also I�m sill fighting with some pifalls of Zedit, I call the front pit done and moved on to the RIO section - no ETA though

ToS #2643110 12/29/08 06:44 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
J
Joe Offline
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Thanks for checking out JSGME. It's a great program for jobs like this. The pit looks great.

Joe #2643757 12/30/08 08:19 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 856
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 856
+1 The pit looks great.

Slikk

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,276
U
Hotshot
Hotshot
U Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,276
That looks awesome. Do you have any kind of an estimate on when this will be available?


I have gaming PCs that run everything from MS-DOS 6.22 to Windows 7 64-bit

Win7 Home Prem 64
i5-3570
ASRock HM77
XFX Radeon HD 6950 2 Gig
8 Gigs GSkill DDR3 1600
500 Gig Samsung 840 SSD
1 TB WD Black SATA II HD
Plextor 24x DVD-RW
ViewSonic VA2702w 1920x1080
HP L2206tm 1920x1080 Multi-Touch Screen
Antec Neo 550w PS
Antec Full Tower Case
Warthog 1663 w/ CH Pro Pedals
TIR4 w/ Clip
Logitech G110 KB
Razer Naga
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
T
ToS
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
thanks for the comments guys

a rough release estimate is this spring - I will also include a F14 B cockpit and the (later) all black variant of the D pit.






ToS #2683909 03/03/09 11:13 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
T
ToS
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
Folks,

I�ll launch the first release this weekend.
The package will contain the two F14D front pits, the RIO pit (still beta though) and new accurate loadouts. It will ship with a easy one click un-/installer (via Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler).

@ Joe: May I ask you to host the Mod over at TSH (I have no webspace and megaupload is only an interim solution) ?

@ Major Dragon: May I include your F-14 missions (sets and campaigns) into the mod ? This would make it a lot easier to turn FA 18 into a Tomcat sim with only one click..

The announced F14 B cockpit and the finished RIO pit will come later (probably much later, since they are no priority and I�m low on free time). Anyone who want�s to continue the work on those drop me a line and I�ll share the 3dMax files.

Cheers,
Chris

ToS #2683992 03/03/09 02:10 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
V
Member
Member
V Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
How easy (or difficult) would it be to bundle this up into a "world swapper" type of setup where you could simply click an icon, select your airframe, and launch the sim with everything already in place? The TSH world swapper is awesome and it would be great to have that ability for the airframe too.


Fly EP-3E___|___
__@__@__(_ _)__@__@__
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
T
ToS
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 91

The Jonesoft mod enabler is basically what you are asking for wink
One click and the whole mod is activated, another one and it�s deactivated. No more need for any backing up, copy & paste, renaming or anything like that.

I�m about to seek author�s permissions to include as much Tomcat-goodies (pilot pictures, squadrons, missions, loadouts, RIO soundpack, new loading screen...) as possible.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,759 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1