SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
#2409240 12/27/07 04:56 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
A
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
Marshland





Beautiful wooded valleys and mountains






A portal to another world




Last edited by Avimimus; 12/27/07 04:57 PM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 437
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 437
Thanks! That holes are gonna be fixed. This Beta is worth itself. ;\)


Caspar

TEAM DAIDALOS


Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
A
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan
Senior Member
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
 Originally Posted By: EJGr.Ost_Caspar
Thanks! That holes are gonna be fixed. This Beta is worth itself. ;\)


So it really will take us to another planet?

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
lol... Go on, I dare you.. Tell us where you come out! \:\)

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 437
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 437
Just try to reach the promised land and you will see, you've been betrayed.


Caspar

TEAM DAIDALOS


Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 28
_
Junior Member
Junior Member
_ Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 28
Not sure if this thread is the right place to ask, but I briefly checked the Odessa map and noticed that in many villages in the southern part of the map there were no buildings at all. The village looked like a village when flying high enough, but when flying closer to ground I saw the whole thing was done with textures. Buildings were "painted" to the ground. This is the way it's going to be?

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,439
I
Senior Member
Senior Member
I Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,439
 Originally Posted By: _slm
Not sure if this thread is the right place to ask, but I briefly checked the Odessa map and noticed that in many villages in the southern part of the map there were no buildings at all. The village looked like a village when flying high enough, but when flying closer to ground I saw the whole thing was done with textures. Buildings were "painted" to the ground. This is the way it's going to be?

I don't have the patch yet but if there are two versions of the map and one being for online play its possible this is the reason.


- IceFire
Find my missions at Mission4Today.
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
K
Hotshot
Hotshot
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,943
I just flew Bessabaria (sp). I was flitting around Odessa, having a ball. I didn't notice what you're mentioning _sim. I even saw a nice soccer field..... no painted on cities or tiled cities.


There is an online and an offline map, Icefire. That's probably what you were seeing _sim.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 28
_
Junior Member
Junior Member
_ Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 28
Yes, the name of the map is Odessa_Online, so that Online must be the reason. I wonder if they have removed objects from some parts of the map or few objects from all parts of the map?

Knightgames: if you want to see those painted buildings, here are some grids where I saw those:
Chilia in AV2
Regele Carol in AT3
Ciisia in AS7

The map itself is huge, so there must be all sorts of new things there. I noticed an airfield near Odessa that has fence around it. The runway isn't that long, so it is possible to crash your plane into that fence or the buildings in the other end of the runway. Especially when landing a damaged plane.

Last edited by _slm; 12/28/07 09:20 AM.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 437
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 437
The online versions are indeed striped off every object, except inside the red marked area on the navigation map. There is also a full version, mainly meant for offline play, which contains objects everywhere. Of course it can be used online too, but for better playability we made the online versions as a bonus. The areas around Odessa and Iasi where - as I understood - the sites with the most combat events in WW2.

This map itself indeed is huge one in size. Therefor we couldn't build such dense cities like on the slovakian map. Even with the existing low objects density, we have set up, we have nearly the same total object count as Slovakia. We went onto the limitations of the game and had to make such compromises.


Caspar

TEAM DAIDALOS


Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 437
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 437
P.S.: its around 350x300km in size. ;\)


Caspar

TEAM DAIDALOS



Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,398 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1