|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 842
Team Daidalos - IL-2 Series Developer Member
|
|
Team Daidalos - IL-2 Series Developer Member
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 842 |
Hello guys,
our Slovak map team would greatly appreciate if you could post any bug reports here regarding the new Slovak maps.
Please note that the map is not finished yet and object placement has not been fully finished or cleaned up (especially in the western part of the map = A-K columns).
Thus, we are mainly interested in your reports regarding the gameplay offline and online over our map.
Do you experience any strutters (especially with the full version of the map)? If yes, over which areas?
Is the game play smooth over most large cities?
How is the online play with large number of players? (15+)
Any other issues?
Thank you guys. This way we can eliminate as many bugs as possible for the final version.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 506 Likes: 1
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 506 Likes: 1 |
thx for this nice map, the airfields are great!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 380
=FI=Squadron Member
|
|
=FI=Squadron Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 380 |
The map is great ! It�s huge but wonderful and made with love on details. BUT: Yes - I have a very big problem with stuttering all over the map.
I have this problem only on the Slovakia Map, not on the Bessarabia or any other map.
A serious problem - I tried it online in dogfight with 3 players and the same offline.
It�s neither smooth ove towns nor over any other place.
It stuters and glitches all over the place.
The starting fields were K6 to T11
My system is a Athlon X2 64 6000+ mit 2 Gbyte Ram.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,343
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,343 |
IL-2 needs usually some time to "settle" after patching. Defragmenting also may help. I have half as strong CPU and it runs well except the big cities in full version and very good in online version everywhere.
Letka_13/Liptow on HL
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan Senior Member
|
|
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214 |
I noticed some loss of FPS over the towns. The bigger problem was flying in the new perfect mode at medium altitude over the mountains. This killed my FPS. I am running using a 128mb video card at maximum resolution and this is likely the problem. So far, I wouldn't change anything.
The bigger problem is that the patch over-wrote the HQ-foam pack, so now all water in the game is a flat black abyss. Should I send this to you or directly to Oleg?
In any case, this is simply amazing: These maps are truly a cut above and set a new standard for Oleg to try to meet with BoB ...the hand placement of objects, the degree of accuracy...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 380
=FI=Squadron Member
|
|
=FI=Squadron Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 380 |
I defragged with JKDefrag. Slowakia is my new favorite anyway  Tell me how I can tell you better how I experienced the glitches
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 380
=FI=Squadron Member
|
|
=FI=Squadron Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 380 |
I noticed some loss of FPS over the towns. The bigger problem was flying in the new perfect mode at medium altitude over the mountains. This killed my FPS. I am running using a 128mb video card at maximum resolution and this is likely the problem. So far, I wouldn't change anything.
The bigger problem is that the patch over-wrote the HQ-foam pack, so now all water in the game is a flat black abyss. Should I send this to you or directly to Oleg?
In any case, this is simply amazing: These maps are truly a cut above and set a new standard for Oleg to try to meet with BoB ...the hand placement of objects, the degree of accuracy... It is written in the readme that you have to use a 512 Mbyte 8800 Nvdia card minimum, I don�t understand your complain because it hasn�t to do with the map
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan Senior Member
|
|
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214 |
Oh, and the readme doesn't have as much historical information as the Bessarabia map and neither map has a mission pack...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 380
=FI=Squadron Member
|
|
=FI=Squadron Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 380 |
The bessarabia map hasn�t to do with the slovakia map - therefor you should check your installation folder for the 14 page readme for the bessarabia map ! And for missions you have the mission editor !
Last edited by :FI:Airway; 12/27/07 03:28 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan Senior Member
|
|
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214 |
It is written in the readme that you have to use a 512 Mbyte 8800 Nvdia card minimum, I don�t understand your complain because it hasn�t to do with the map That is exactly my point! It is my fault (see the bolded section below). The maps perfect, I'm not. *update* I changed to "excellent" mode from perfect and I am now getting good FPS in all areas of the map including cities. (Specs: P4 3.06, 2Gb ram, ATI 9800 Pro 128mb All-in-Wonder) I noticed some loss of FPS over the towns. The bigger problem was flying in the new perfect mode at medium altitude over the mountains. This killed my FPS. I am running using a 128mb video card at maximum resolution and this is likely the problem. So far, I wouldn't change anything.[ Btw. Does anyone else notice an improved turbulence model?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 380
=FI=Squadron Member
|
|
=FI=Squadron Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 380 |
...
Btw. Does anyone else notice an improved turbulence model?
A what?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,701
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,701 |
IL2 won't load for me. It freezes at the initial loading splash screen at '95% Loading'. I've tried this several times and same result. Luckily I backed up the files and it loads fine when I replace the old ones. Any ideas?
S! Comp
Geforce GT 610
AMD Athlon (tm) IIX3 450 processor
4.00 GB RAM
Win 7 Home premium
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669 |
Remnants of "teh H@ckz"? I've also found that the DLLs provided with the Beta do not allow me to start my Il-2 anymore. If I replace them with previous versions everything works fine.
Intel i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz - ASUS Rampage III Gene Republic of Gamers - 6GB RAM OCZ CL7 XTC Platinum PC3-12800 - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 480 - 64GB Crucial RealSSD C300 SATA II - 1TB Western Digital WD1002FAEX SATA II - Creative Soundblaster Xi-Fi Titanium - Windows 7 Professional 64bit
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 469
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 469 |
I demand screens!! (on vaction still, not near rig) MTO!! Soilder objects!! EVERYTHING!!!  Cheers!! green with envy, TS
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,089
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,089 |
If you installed sound hacks the game wont load. Other than that it runs fantastic on my 2 X 8800GTX cards, well done team!!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan Senior Member
|
|
Two-speed Five-Blade Fan Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 3,214 |
I used the hacks until recently in order to run without the CD (I already lost my first 1946 disk to environmental hazards). It also allowed me to run with the original menu colours... Just revert to the original Il2fb.exe
Oleg isn't out to get people. Really nice fellow.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,701
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,701 |
Well it is the sound hack then. How do I remove? Just replace original fb.exe as you say?
S! Comp
Geforce GT 610
AMD Athlon (tm) IIX3 450 processor
4.00 GB RAM
Win 7 Home premium
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,701
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,701 |
OK...that worked. Thanks.
S! Comp
Geforce GT 610
AMD Athlon (tm) IIX3 450 processor
4.00 GB RAM
Win 7 Home premium
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 789
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 789 |
"Other than that it runs fantastic on my 2 X 8800GTX cards, well done team!!"
Well, I guess. How about sending me one of those, my 7800gt is really feeling the heat lately.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,669 |
I do not have the best PC, but on all other maps I have no trouble running them at PERFECT settings. However on the full Slovak map I do get some serious slowdowns and even stutters over the towns.
System specs:
AMD XP 3000+ 2GB RAM GeForce 7800 GTS
New rig will have to wait until BoB.
Intel i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz - ASUS Rampage III Gene Republic of Gamers - 6GB RAM OCZ CL7 XTC Platinum PC3-12800 - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 480 - 64GB Crucial RealSSD C300 SATA II - 1TB Western Digital WD1002FAEX SATA II - Creative Soundblaster Xi-Fi Titanium - Windows 7 Professional 64bit
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|