SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#2268693 07/26/07 01:45 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
When using an AI traffic program, I fare much better in terms of not having to fight my way through the crowds in the air if I select a different runway than the one the ATC tells me to go first, because that's where they're telling everyone else to go, too.

Anyone else try this trick?

pfunk


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,107
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,107
I use a program called AISmooth that will help lessen the hordes of aircraft trying to arrive at the exact same time. You can get it via Avsim by searching for "aismooth"

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
Lifer
Lifer
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,834
I usually land where ever i want to anyway.

However, i did finally learn how to fly a helicopter without plowing into the ground when landing. \:D

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 68
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 68
As Stormy said;

land where you want at any time you want, FS does not stop you doing so!!!

Of course if you are 'playing the game' then AI Smooth is your answer as stated.

Mizzy

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
Originally Posted By: Goalie
I use a program called AISmooth that will help lessen the hordes of aircraft trying to arrive at the exact same time. You can get it via Avsim by searching for "aismooth"


It's boxed with Traffic 2005 by Just Flight and I use it, too. But, I have it cranked up to 60%, so that may be the problem...

I would like to know how to request (and get) a different approach.

For example, when I fly into D/FW, they usually bring me in from the north side of town and I'm usually directed to 17L or 18R for an ILS landing. If I want to land from the south on 35R or 35C, I request the approach, but they still circle me around to land from the north.

I hate that.

pfunk


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,107
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,107
I think the easiest thing to do it just cancel IFR and fly it yourself with out any ATC. I haven't used the FS ATC in over a year so I'm a bit rusty on how it works but I believe that is the only way to stop ATC from making your fly their pattern.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 21
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 21
Try setting up a different wind direction if you want your landings on the 35r or 35c,Thats if you don't have real weather selected ofcourse.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 125
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 125
I'm probably way to noob to even hint at helping here....but.... I have just purchased an ATC replacement program called Radar Contact 4, and altho a complete noobie to ATC procedures and Flight Sims for that matter, I am absolutely loving it so far and the immersion factor is greatly enhanced . Maybe *shrugs shoulders* you may find it beneficial.

RADAR CONTACT

Quote:
Radar Contact is the most complete Air Traffic Control (ATC) add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Previous versions of Radar Contact (RC) were based on adventures, which provided a realistic ATC environment. With the introduction of FS2002, adventures were no longer a viable option for RC. Beginning January 2001, we rewrote RC in Visual Basic. Version 3 was released in November 2002. Two years ago, we released Version 3.1 which supported Fs2004, and started working on Version 4. We believe that Radar Contact Version 4 will take Air Traffic Control to the next level. By implementing current 7110.65 FAA Rules, with more in-depth implementation of real world procedures, and many of the ICAO rules, Radar Contact puts you in the left seat where you will fly under today's current ATC jurisdiction.

Whether you like flying the heavies, such as the 747 or the Airbus 340, turboprops, or general aircraft, RC is ready for you. RC provides the appropriate controllers who give you the current weather, clearances, taxi instructions, takeoff clearances, ascent and descent clearances, vectors to the active runway, clearances to land, ground clearances, and traffic calls for any aircraft in your flight path.


RC allows you to fly Departure Procedures, will accurately handle emergencies, give you the option to file and fly specific approaches, allow you to practice those approaches, and allow you to fly to your alternate airport when the weather is below minimums. RC also supports an in-flight change of destination to any airport in the world.

Since RC is not an adventure, Flight Simulator�s AI traffic is active, and our controllers will give you traffic calls when an AI plane comes too close. RC will also move AI before they become a conflict, slow or speed up AI planes while you are on final, freeze ground traffic so they don�t cause runway incursions. In short, RC is as close an approximation of what real pilots experience as is currently possible.

RC is a program that runs with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and Flight Simulator X. Fire up FS, load a flight plan with RC and off you go.


p.s.

I'm sure I remember having the option to select/change runway and approach.

Last edited by buffybill; 07/31/07 05:37 AM.
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
P
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
SimHQ Redneck
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
Thank you. I'll take a look at that. I think I'm gonna need Active Sky, too.

pfunk


"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,107
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,107
I've been using Radar Contact for about a year and absolutely love it. I would never go back to FS's ATC again. It's more than worth the money if you want to fly real procedures and want more realistic ATC.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 67
V
Junior Member
Junior Member
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 67
I'm going to look into Radar Contact, it's so unrealistic being vectored 20 deg right then 20 deg left every 10 seconds with the default ATC. But then I usually fly online where there are a lot of pros controlling the airspace.


Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,315 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1