SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
J
Joe
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
This post will serve as a working discussion of the as-yet-undocumented feature of TSHv3.04 that allows the addition of new Jane's F-18 mission builder objects. To be frank, I don't know how it works, hence the lack of documentation.

Frenchy is going to post here and help us out. Hopefully Maverick will as well, since he understands a bit of this. We're going to figure it all out to everyone's satisfaction before releasing anything new. Then I'm going to document it and we'll release TSHv3.05. 3.05 will contain some sample new objects as well and a fix for the plugin registry entry that is causing Mission Builder and Instant Action problems.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 380
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 380
so in 3.05 will commulative patch, and we will have2 just instal 3.05 4 got any tsh's miracles? thanx


map of fort rucker would be best for combat helly sims, so could be only flight and fight with learning targets without war, so that will more realistic
i'm not pacifist, just don't love war and dont love play war either
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
J
Joe
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
All TSHv3 releases have 3 versions:

1. Full install. Install this over over any version of TSHv3, or over a non-TSHv3 install.
2. Full install without movie, for reduced download size.
3. Patch install. Install the patch over any version of TSHv3.

TSHv3 releases and patches are cumulative.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 281
_
Member
Member
_ Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 281
Ok please try to keep this post only for Plugin and objects

hi gentlemen, i will explain here all news about ground plugins

Some words to define: A ground plugin is a collection of ground objects
The plugins are only necessary for the mission builder. These files have an extension .plg.

1)Why a new registry key "plugin"
With the new theater Iraqi, it is necessary to copy plugins in a directory appropriate for this theater and it would be necessary to make the same thing if a new theater arrived (for Mission Builder).
Now with the TSH3.04, the mission builders will take the ground plugins always from the same folder.
And this folder is defined into the key "plugin" (the name "plugins" is not included -> its the default last name of subfolder). The folder will be :..ncape\(plugins) ..the ncape theater is the The reference of ground plugins.

So during the launch of the game, the key "plugin" is tested and created if not exist.



So with XP, some people have problem (the key is truncated during creation), that will be fixed for the next release 3.05. For now a manual fix exists
I prefer wait feedback if others bugs appear..

After that i go and speak about new options in mission builder...

2)The new Gfx function "Display all ground objects" [in Builder options]



Inside the ground plugin, you could have hidden objects, (just hidden in mission builder not during the game).

For example the ground plugin "wharehouse large" has some hidden objects (some trucks)
and i show in the different picture what happens when you select or not the option "display all ground objects"



The view of plugin without the option selected: (serial option activated)


Now switch on the option:


you could see new objects (new hex serial number 40036,40038 and 40046)


You'll understand better the use of this option later, when i speak about the way to create new plugins or modify the position of objects inside the plugin...

3)The new Gfx plugin option int he "Add Ground Object" function inside Mission builder.



With the Addon Iraq Theater, some plugins have problem with terrain. For example SA10 and SA11 have always grass terrain.
So you understand the problem when you wanted to place the SA10 in Iraq theater (grass in the sand = very curious).
So the plugins have been modified to become transparent.
Now you have the choice of type of terrain. the default is always transparent.

In the next post, i'll speak about the possibility to change the position of all objects or one objects inside the plugin.


Last edited by _Frenchy; 04/05/07 06:31 AM.

Frenchy
TSH team
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 281
_
Member
Member
_ Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 281
Okay i follow with next possibility: change the position of objects


Frenchy
TSH team
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 281
_
Member
Member
_ Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 281
Okay i follow with next possibility: change the position of objects

4)change the position of global objects inside the plugin

-> I think this feature is already available in the TSH3.04 (to check)

You have now the possibility to change the place of all objects inside the plugin.
Its utility will appear with the "creator of plugin".

First, when you decide to move objects, its a good idea to switch on the option "display All ground objects" . even this option is activated in mission builder no impact in briefing, the hidden object stay hidden...

in our example, we have selected warehouse small.



After Selected the plugin in mission builder (just click on it)
you could use the four keys (U)p, (D)own, (L)eft and (R)ight to move all objects.
In my example i have used U and R.




5)change the position of only one object inside the plugin

-> I think this feature isnt available in the TSH3.04(? dont know), but will be in next release

I am working with the small warehouse



First, you switch off the option "display serial" (toggle F12 if no error!)
Its not necessary, but its better for the visual

if you want change the position of hidden object, you have to switch on the option display all ground objects.

Dont forget to select the plugin (just click on it)

In my example, i d like to move the hidden object 0x40036 to the upper left corner of the plugin

so you press th key I I like (I)ndividual, you could see the first object selected (just one serial displayed)




now to join the object 0x40036, just press N (like Next) until you have selected the right object.



If you havent selected the option display all ground object, you dont never join the object because the serial is not displayed in this case..

Okay now to move the object , you could use the key U,D,R and L!!




To switch off the individual selection, just press I.. (I is a toggle)
Its toggle between global and individual selection

I follow next post with the increasing of number of ground plugins

Last edited by _Frenchy; 04/05/07 03:39 PM.

Frenchy
TSH team
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 281
_
Member
Member
_ Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 281
6)More ground plugins in game



Originally, we have 93 ground plugins, now we could have 93 + 173 + 6 (i have created) = 282 ground plugins!!

The 6 plugins i have added are : farm1, farm2, oil sea refinery, sa10x2 ,small nuke and harbor

except the sa10x2 and harbor that i have really created, the others are coming from F15...

I think they are not in the package 3.04.. so you could download from this link 6plugins
just unzip in the F18 folder..

Please try it and say if its okay, they will be included in the next release..
About the SA10x2, its double crossed link

You guess if i have given the possibility to add gorund plugin, that means i have done a tool..
Yes you have guessed, i have developped some tools to create plugins, a tool easy to understant which could created new plugin directly from the mission builder and another more complex where you could modify the hex file of plugin..So i need to prepar some documentations so let me time please and the tool will be release at tsh..

SO i suppose you have the tool and you have created a perfect and beautiful new ground plugin the question and how use it in the game?

7)How use or add new ground plugin in the game?

As i said previously, you have empty place from 100 to 172, so to avoid to modify the assembly code at each new plugin added, i have put generic name inisde the game..so if you call your plugin

100.plg to 172.plg, you could use it in the game, and it will be inside the mission .; So dont forget the plugin is just needed at the creation of the mission, after all is included for the launch and you could play without the file .plg created..

So I hope you'll understand better the logic i have implemented in the game..and why we have all this new options...

For example for the plugin harbor, if you dont have the possibility to move the objects, its really diffcult to place the plugin harbor. near the coast...

Okay its finished for the moment, i finish to developp the famous tool..

Last edited by _Frenchy; 04/05/07 04:08 PM.

Frenchy
TSH team
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 111
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 111
Hi Frenchy!

The new plugins work fine now, just placed them in the MB. Especially the small Harbour and Nuke Plant are fantastic \:\) Just experimented with moving them around as you described before, fantastic new feature. With the clear constraint of 282 plugins now, I started to rework my NC template with air-defense. I think I'm gonna start negotiations with the Barent's states to "thin out" their troops and materials there (after all to have a working template with all objects showing...). Thx, TSH, YOU ROCK!!

\Lobo

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
J
Joe
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Still learning new forum features... I deleted some stuff I didn't want to delete.


Joe:
Thanks, Frenchy. Can you explain why we would want to select "Grass Terrain" ON? IF the default is transparent, all ground textures underneath should show through properly, yes?

Frenchy:
hi joe, i think, you have noticed in some case, there is a problem of altitude with the object when you place it on the map..sometimes the fact to choice the grass terrain fix that

in anyways you have a second choice of plugin terrain..

After its just a visual effect, grass on snow is better if you want to show perfectly the plugin..

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,624
R
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,624
This is nothing short of AMAZING!! Can't wait to play with it.


Long system spec sig follows:






PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
J
Joe
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Yeah, I didn't realize how neat it was until I saw it all in place here.

Recluse, I could really use your help documenting all of this. Frenchy is a genius, but since I lack Mission Builder knowledge I've had a tough time wrapping my head around all of it. So please, play away. \:\)

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 58
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 58
I'd like to emphasize Frenchy's point:
Originally Posted By: _Frenchy
6)More ground plugins in game
... So dont forget the plugin is just needed at the creation of the mission, after all is included for the launch and you could play without the file .plg created..


This means that there shouldn't be any conflict with my 123.plg and someone else's 123.plg.
Everything in my 123.plg will be put into my mission.cmf file and won't rely on your 123.plg existing/matching with mine.
Pretty neat for mission developers interested in new arrangements/challenges for targets.

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,507
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,507
Yes, I can confirm this. In the Saudi campaign, I am using a few new ground objects that Mav made (same ones, just rotated 90 degrees) and I'm able to work with them in mission builder. I don't even have this new flavor of TSHv3 yet. Of course, I cannot add those new objects, but if placed in the world by Mav, then I am able to go into the MB later and see them, move them around if I want, and tell flights to bomb them, etc. Damn cool.

Ripcord


USN/USMC -- when it positively, absolutely has to be blown up overnight.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
J
Joe
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 17,733
Are we limited to rotating objects only in 90-degree increments?

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 129
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 129
Excellent Frenchy!!! you have give us an outstanding tool to increase the life of our beloved sim.
Thank you very much.

Long life to Janes F/A18!!!!


Gandalf ECV-56-Condor
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 316
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 316
Job Well Done Frenchy!!!
Its outstanding

"Hats Off"


BigDaddy>>>>>>>>>>>>>(out)

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 315
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 315
Frenchy,

This new option with regard to ground objects is great and very timely. I just edited a mission I designed about a strike against the nuclear power plant near Fasa, Iran. Your nuclear power plant object came in very handy.

Thanks much for your great work, or should I say, merci?

Timc

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,507
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,507
Damn. The Saudi campaign was going to be my last project, until I saw this.

Hmmmmm....


USN/USMC -- when it positively, absolutely has to be blown up overnight.
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,624
R
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot
Mediocrity Above All!
Hotshot
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,624
Frenchy,

When I try this I get slightly different results:

When I turn serials OFF (F12) and try to manipulate individual objects (I), I get NO serials on the selected object, so I do not know which is currently selected. Turning serials back ON (F12) toggles on the serials for ALL the objects not just the selected one.

Perhaps this isn't implemented completely in 3.04?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Recluse

Last edited by Recluse; 04/07/07 01:31 PM.

Long system spec sig follows:






PowerSpec G436
Lian Li ATX 205
MSI Z490 Plus Motherboard
Intel Core i7 10700K 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR4 1600
Nvidia RTX3070

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Flight Gear:

Cougar Hotas S/N 26453
Thrustmaster RCS Rudder Pedals

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 281
_
Member
Member
_ Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 281
as i said in previous post

Quote:
5)change the position of only one object inside the plugin

-> I think this feature isnt available in the TSH3.04(? dont know), but will be in next release

Last edited by _Frenchy; 04/07/07 01:59 PM.

Frenchy
TSH team
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,623 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1