SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 … 7 8 9 10 11
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Working for me too.. thanks mate..

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 42
3
Junior Member
Junior Member
3 Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Boys:
Fixed it.

Try here now.
Děkuji moc Ian! ;\)

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
Neni zac \:\)

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 72
Z
Junior Member
Junior Member
Z Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 72
in default installation of 1946 + newest DGen, there's no PacificPlanes.dat - i've copied from previous installation...


"We in Poland do not recognize the concept of peace at any price. There is only one thing in the life of men, nations, and states which is without price, and this is honor..." Poland, he said, "will fight." Col. Beck, Sept. 1939
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
No, Burma uses a ustom planes.dat file.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,646
K
Senior Member
Senior Member
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,646
Compleetly confused now!!! Where to put the europlanes.dat file??? In the Dgen folder or in the Ngen folder ?????
Please any help welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Regards, Kodiak.


I Want To Believe
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 101
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 101
Kodiak - it goes in the DGen folder.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,646
K
Senior Member
Senior Member
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 3,646
Thanks Snowpig!


I Want To Believe
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 364
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 364
Please.

In one consise post can someone explain in detail what we sould dowload and install for
d-gen for il2 1946 with the new 4.071m patch installed.

Pawgy

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,525
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,525
Quote:
Originally posted by Pawgy:
Please.

In one consise post can someone explain in detail what we sould dowload and install for
d-gen for il2 1946 with the new 4.071m patch installed.

Pawgy
Download DGen.exe 4.0.6.11. Backup/rename current DGen.exe. Copy DGen.exe 4.0.6.11 to your main IL2 Sturmovik 1946 folder -- say 'yes' to replace if necessary. Done.


NealG
I will not lead, nor will I follow, and if you want to come through here you have 3 choices: go around; ask nicely; or bring a lunch -- you'll be here a while.
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
_
Junior Member
Junior Member
_ Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
~S~ to ALL!!!
I have no clue where and what to install after installing "OSTFRONT" into IL2 1946. I have game's version 4071m.
Frist step?:
"Stage2v4" goes into "NGen" foler OR "DGen" folder

Second step?:
"DGen 40611" goes to "IL2 1946"folder?

Third step:?
"Burma_version1" goes to "NGen" folder OR "DGen"floder?

Where "Burma Skins" goes?-to "IL2 1946...Skins" folder and I have to put each skin to corresponding skin aircraft's folder?

Or I am totally wrong and everthigs goes somewhere else?
Please help me, I am not good in this kind of things.
Sincerly, Rezak
Sorry for my spellings mistakes.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
_
Junior Member
Junior Member
_ Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
~S~ to All!!!
One more question:
How do I install "OSTFROT" into IL2 1946 DVD?
I have IL2 1946 version 4071m.
Durring installation I can not choose folder into which I may install "OSTFRONT".

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,525
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,525
Hi Rezak;

First, as to installing Ostfront. Someone else may have to answer this, but as I recall you can choose the directory to install. I could be wrong on that, it's been a while ( I installed it to my Forgotten Battles folder, then just moved everything over after I installed 1946 ).

DGen.exe goes into the main IL2 Sturmovik folder, yes. See my post above.

Skins go into the Paint Schemes/Skins folders, for appropriate planes -- yes. For Burma skins, pay close attention to the skin names. There'll be a exam later. \:\)

All other files go into the DGen folder unless there are other instructions included after you extract the files. I do recall something about some NGen files, but I don't use NGen, so don't recall. If there are any, they will extract as NGen folder files. When in doubt, use the DGen folder...take a quick look into your current DGen folder to see what type of files go there. It's pretty easy to recognize them after that.

When extracting any of these, use a temporary working folder to extract to ( especially with the Burma skins ), keeping folder paths intact. That way ( except for Burma skins ) you can just select the files you need and put them in the corresponding 1946 folder.

Hope this helps a bit. Not sure I answered exactly what you asked, and sorry I can't help more with Ostfront installation. Try it again, see if you don't get a choice to install somewhere other than the default directory. As I said, I seem to recall there was a option to install to a different folder.


NealG
I will not lead, nor will I follow, and if you want to come through here you have 3 choices: go around; ask nicely; or bring a lunch -- you'll be here a while.
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
_
Junior Member
Junior Member
_ Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
~S~ to ALL!!!
Thank You NealG for fast answare. I had to rename folders 1946 to Forgotten Battles and install ran nicely(I can see folders in campaign).
Thank You for DGen answare-I got so confused. Sir, You answared all my guestions.
Sincerly, Rezak

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 8
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 8


Sorry for the oversight. Hope you and yourn are well and up to a good new year.

G

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 212
P
Member
Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 212
The EuroPlanes.txt currently in the DGen folder is a text(.txt) file - the NEW EuroPlanes.dat is a .dat file ? Is this correct ?

HAPPY NEW YEAR


ROLL 92 DEGREES - PORT YAW!

P4 3GHZ PRESCOTT
2GB 3200 DDR
BFG 7800GS OC 256MB AGP
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205
S
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,205
I'm thoroughly enjoying the Burma DGen. Another fine product, Ian! As always, your latest is my new favorite. ;\)


Remove before flight
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 90
I
Junior Member
Junior Member
I Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 90
Is there no USAF or Italian Campaign available? With the new DGEN I cant choose these two.


Lachend hinauf,
verbissen drauf,
wackelnd zur�ck,
Jagdflieger Gl�ck!
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,591
Likes: 41
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,591
Likes: 41
Quote:
The EuroPlanes.txt currently in the DGen folder is a text(.txt) file - the NEW EuroPlanes.dat is a .dat file ? Is this correct ?
I noticed that too. I compared the files and the layout was the same so I removed the europlanes.txt file and replaced it with the europlanes.dat file. Seems to work here.

RedToo.


My 'Waiting for Clod' thread: https://tinyurl.com/4n82j75z

Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
Elie Wiesel. Romanian born Jewish writer, professor, political activist, Nobel Laureate, Holocaust survivor. 1928 - 2016.

Indeed the safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts. C.S. Lewis, 1898 - 1963.
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
I have both types of Europlanes files in my Dgen folder. The txt file is 150kb, but the dat file is larger at 164kb, and so is not exactly the same. Is it ok to still bin the old txt file?

Page 9 of 11 1 2 … 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,026 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1