SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 … 6 7 8 9 10 11
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
A-20C Fix (I Hope!!!) here:

DOWNLOAD STAGE 2 VERSION 4 HERE

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 186
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 186
Ian will this new announced patch (4.07 fix) contain newest DGen and additional files that you guys have created?

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I doubt that ... because a patch would have to have it in all languages.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 186
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 186
I understand... thanks for reply.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 102
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 102
All fine here now m8..took off ostfront replaced with back ups of dgen etc.. and re did at all... all workin fine n dandy so far..thanks m8.. Hope you havin a good Xmas! Take care bud!

Sparty n Mrs Sparty

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 55
=
Junior Member
Junior Member
= Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 55
Quote:
Question : what is the "opsBurmaA.dat" file for ? as none of the four ".DB" files refers to it but only to the "opsBurma.dat" one.


AMD Athlon 64 4000+ | ASUS A8N-SLI Premium | ASUS Extreme N7800GTX/2DHTV 256Mb PCI-E (ForceWare 195.62 WHQL) | 3GB DDR-SDRAM Corsair TwinX dual channel : 2x1024Mb 3200C2PT XMS 2-3-3-6 + 2x512Mb PC3200XL XMS XLL 2-2-2-5 | Hitachi DeskStar T7K250 250Gb SATA II | MS SideWinder FF 2 | Windows XP H.E. SP3
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 287
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 287
The version of DGen that I included with the last release of my 'Disaster on the Frontiers' campaigns was 4.0.4.5. There have been two further DGen releases since, 4.0.6.4 and 4.0.6.11. If you're installing over a clean '46 install then any of these three DGen.exes will work with my campaigns.

If the Ostfront DGen.exe is compatible with the standard DGen files, then it will also work with my campaigns. 'Disaster' has no Murmansk files. There is one Kurland campaign 'Kurland44', which will not work without the Ostfront addon until either Starshoy releases a standard DGen.exe that will work with Kurland or Ian releases Ostfront for download. From what I've gathered about Ostfront the campaigns are monthly- there would be no template conflict unless Ostfront also had a campaign with the exact filename 'Kurland44', in which case I could easily rename my files for the next release. There will be a MessageEn conflict which affects the briefings, and Ostfront users would have to choose one or the other custom MessageEn file.

Though I haven't tested it myself, I've been told that the Ar234 can be made to work with 4.0.6.11, though the Kiev map doesn't seem to. I mention this on the single ground that it might exasperate Ian!

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 158
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 158
Amagi,

Thanks for the info mate. I also wish to thank you for the great DGen campaign - I thoroughly enjoy it, especially since I have gone all the way (twice) in the past year or so (via the standard Russian fighter campaigns supplied with IL-2) flying the LaGG-3/La line of planes and then doing the same with just Yaks.

With your campaign I am now in Smolensk 1941 and love it. I have, however encountered a small glitch/bug, which you may explain.

Towards the end of the Smolensk '41 campaign - my escadrille retreats to the Lysovska airfield (that field is located near the bottom-right edge of the map). After completing a mission my escadrille (2 full wings) was returning and as the second wing was ahead of me (about 1.5 km) they suddenly hit what I would call an 'invisible' wall and the whole wing of all 4 planes crashed one after the other. I must stress that this was not the case of them getting on each others' way - they 'hit' what I would describe as an invisible wall and judging by their final path I can only conclude that this was the edge of the visible map there.

Suffice to say after this incident I repeated the mission, made the same approach (this time I was in front) - I crashed along with all of my comrades. Repeated the mission again and chose another approach at the opposite side (south-west, instead north-east as it was the case before) and it all worked.

Is this possible as I never experienced such a thing before?

OK, back on the DGen issue. A couple of questions I hope you may have the answers to:

1. I take it that DGen supplied with '46 is the oldest one of the bunch (Disaster & Ostfront). Is my assumption correct?

2. If I wish to upgrade DGen to the newest one available (4.0.6.11 judging by your post above) - a) How/where do I get it; and b) I take it this upgrade is not going to break my Disaster installation (in other words, Disaster is going to be OK once I do such upgrade). Am I correct?

3. If I upgrade to DGen as in 2 and have Disaster can I install Ostfront and have no conflicts (your description of Disaster on wairfare.com says "FB+PF Compatible by Amagi (DGen 4.0.4.5 by Starshoy) 'Disaster on the Frontiers' is a series of sixteen ( seventeen with Ostfront ) Eastern Front DGen campaigns from 1941-45." so I presume it does account for Ostfront, but not sure)?

4. Provided there is a conflict between Disaster and Ostfront which cannot be resolved If I only wish to have Ostfront which version of DGen Ostfront comes with? If it is not the newest would I break Ostfront by installing the newest one (4.0.6.11)?

Many thanks in advance!

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 287
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 287
I haven't got the DGen.exe supplied with '46 on my computer as I've updated with 4.0.6.11 (at the start of this thread)- if it was 4.0.0.9, as with 4.04m, it would be the oldest. I've tested 4.0.6.11 with the old 'Disaster' files and didn't have a problem.

I haven't confirmed Ostfront as compatible, however if you install Ostfront you would then use the latest Ostfront DGen.exe (at the start of this thread). The 'Disaster' custom briefings would be overwritten, though you could make a backup copy of the MessageEn file before installing Ostfront and then replace it to reactivate them. You would need to follow the ReadMe instructions to activate the seventeenth 'Disaster' campaign.

If you want either only Ostfront, or both, you would use the latest Ostfront DGen.exe from the start of the thread, and not 4.0.6.11.

Thanks for the information about the Smolensk airfield, I'll deactivate it for the next version. I haven't come across this particular problem before, but some airfields can't be used for a variety of reasons, which is why the 'UseParkedPlanes' option was useful when it was made available for most of the maps.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 158
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 158
Amagi,

Thank you for the answers again. Just to clarify:

Don't know what my old version (4.04m) of DGen was as I replaced it with 'Disaster' and since it worked I wiped it off my HD.

I found that DGen on the front page is 4.0.6.11 (at least that is what it says when you right-click on properties and select the 'Version' tab on the .exe file), so I would assume it is the same.

I also remember reading about MessageEN in the readme file of 'Disaster' but as this didn't concern me at the time I ignored it - no more and will read it carefully, thanks for pointing that out. I will also overwrite MessageEn as well.

As for possible conflict with Ostfront (I presume Kurland) I can see (from Stage2_version4.zip) that these campaigns have a name Kurland44 and yours is Kurland44, so I presume there won't be any conflict there.

I will have both 'Disaster' and Ostfront (ordered it today). One thing I particularly like in 'Disaster' is that the formations are much bigger (mostly made of 3 wings as oppose to maximum of two with the 'standard' DGen supplied with IL-2) and so are the enemy planes as well. Don't know whether this is down to 'Disaster' itself or my conf.ini settings, but it was a nice and refreshing change.

When do you plan to release the next version and what do you plan to include in it?

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 32
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 32
Guys could you please walk me through this entire set up process? I can't seem to get it to work.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 32
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 32
Disregard, I had it right but I was looking for early war with Ki-27s! From what I see this is all 1944 era with Ki-43.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
correct.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 13
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 13
I can't start a Kurland campaign (beep)!
I have Ostfront, and DGen 4.0.6.11.
The A20C fix is installed.

= DGen 4.0.6.11 (25/09/06) =
seed: 27659531
DGen initialization. Side: de, Rank: 3
MaxBomberSkill=3
Distance=Any
Length=VeryLong
AI=Easy
Missions=Normal
AirIntensity=Medium
GroundIntensity=High
SlowFire=100.0
PromotionRate=1.000000
Career ID: De5
Kurland
ReadDB sorties:1

PlayerWing found:I_JG54
TestWing(f,s): I_JG5_1 0 00
TestWing(f,s): III_JG5_1 0 00
TestWing(f,s): I_JG54 0 00
TestWing(f,s): I_JG54 0 00
TestWing(f,s): II_JG54 0 00
TestWing(f,s): II_JG54 0 00
TestWing(f,s): 10Pz_SG3_ 0 00
TestWing(f,s): 10Pz_SG3_ 0 00
TestWing(f,s): III_KG3 0 00
TestWing(f,s): III_SG3_ 0 00
Cannot find plane A_20C

Mazak

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 13
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 13
Oh..ja... and the last Beta Patch 4071m is installed too.

Mazak

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 42
3
Junior Member
Junior Member
3 Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Mazak:
I can't start a Kurland campaign (beep)!
I have Ostfront, and DGen 4.0.6.11.
The A20C fix is installed.

= DGen 4.0.6.11 (25/09/06) =
seed: 27659531
DGen initialization. Side: de, Rank: 3
MaxBomberSkill=3
Distance=Any
Length=VeryLong
AI=Easy
Missions=Normal
AirIntensity=Medium
GroundIntensity=High
SlowFire=100.0
PromotionRate=1.000000
Career ID: De5
Kurland
ReadDB sorties:1

PlayerWing found:I_JG54
TestWing(f,s): I_JG5_1 0 00
TestWing(f,s): III_JG5_1 0 00
TestWing(f,s): I_JG54 0 00
TestWing(f,s): I_JG54 0 00
TestWing(f,s): II_JG54 0 00
TestWing(f,s): II_JG54 0 00
TestWing(f,s): 10Pz_SG3_ 0 00
TestWing(f,s): 10Pz_SG3_ 0 00
TestWing(f,s): III_KG3 0 00
TestWing(f,s): III_SG3_ 0 00
Cannot find plane A_20C

Mazak
Same problem \:\(

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
OK, try a new Europlanes.dat.

GET IT HERE

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 42
3
Junior Member
Junior Member
3 Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Boys:
OK, try a new Europlanes.dat.

GET IT HERE
Problem download Ian. Nickname and password??

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
I
Hotshot
Hotshot
I Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 7,481
Fixed it.

Try here now.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 13
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 13
Thank you Ian! It works.. no beep

Mazak

Page 8 of 11 1 2 … 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,894 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1