|
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 179
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 179 |
I purchased BoBII when I read about the 2.05 patch and received it Saturday. Got it all patched up and started playing it, mostly trying to figure out how to start a Spitfire without reading the manual.
Everything is fine, except for the planes. They shake and shudder in external view. Whether viewing my formation from internal view or viewing my own plane in external view, they shake. Internal view is fine, I don't have any of this shaking visible.
Doesn't happen when the plane is on the ground, just when it gets airborne.
Any ideas? Thanks.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,774
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,774 |
Not sure, but try changing in the Options. Turn off wind effects and wind gusts. I'm sure there is an answer- and that it will be forthcoming.
HTH
Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,979
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,979 |
Welcome to BobII and it great community. I do recommend you download the 2.04 manual and review it (sticky thread above) and reffer to it as BobII has many enjoyable options. The 2.05 manual will be out in 2 weeks.
Yes, we do have a problem in outside view when viewing your wingmen that we have not solved. It is on the list to be worked on.
I do not think we have had a problem when viewing your own plane in outside view.
Intel I7 920 processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro thanks to BobII crew.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 179
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 179 |
Thanks for the replies. I'll read the manual and mess around with the settings.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28 |
What are your system specs? I can't run all the options on high graphics settings as they are very intensive. Try turning water and weather settings to low first. Then go up from there.
My give a damn's busted
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 179
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 179 |
I have smooth framerates, it's the planes. I tried changing some flight settings but that didn't change it. It actually looks like a jerky/stuttery framerate on the plane only, terrain and everything else is smooth. That is only in external view. In internal view everything is fine, except friendly aircraft. I haven't actually noticed it against 109s/110s or the bombers when attacking them, which is wierd.
Maybe I'll just go back and reinstall, see if that fixes it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 28 |
Boy, that is weird.
I guess try a reinstall, and go from there.
Also in the bdg.txt file try setting the "SMOOTHEN_FRAMERATE_MODE=LIMIT_AND_SMOOTHEN", without the quotes of course, and all caps.
Also you may want to try the "stop_srv.bat" in the BoB folder. Helps to free up system resources. I hane a copy of it on the desktop and use it before playing any games as it does help.
My give a damn's busted
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 33
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 33 |
I have exactly the same problem. If I look outside my cockpit my wingmen are all doing a crazy back and forwards jitter (the exact opposite of smooth). This only effects friendly wingmen and really spoils the immersion. I try not to look at them because they are just embarrassing.  If anyone finds a solution I'd be glad to hear it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,979
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,979 |
Hi Guys,
Yes, we do have a problem with the wingmen shaking that I have not been able to find and fix.
It is a priority and I am trying to find the cause but it is not simple as all the other A/C are OK.
Actually if you try some of the training missions the wingmen look OK. Just more confusion for me.
It seem to be the first think the new players notice, unfortunately.
Intel I7 920 processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro thanks to BobII crew.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,979
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,979 |
Just a quick question, when you see the shaking wingmen, are you using the Hat switch, are you going to Outside view (F6), or some other method?
Intel I7 920 processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro thanks to BobII crew.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,499
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,499 |
I think this problem is based on the fact that wingmen, who fly in formation with you, look like beeing attached to your wing and try to fly a perfect formation, so the whole flight looks like a puppet on a string. It's the way the game tries to keep them in formation. And all this jumping and shaking is nothing more but small corrections to keep their formation perfect. So i doubt that that can really been fixed, as it's not really a bug.
Intel Core I7-4790K @ 4x4GHz (oc'ed to 4x4,5 GHz on air) be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler (250W TDP) ASUS Z97-C motherboard ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo Soundcard, PCIe 2 x 4GB GEIL DDR3 Value RAM ANTEC PSU (750W) Toshiba 37" LCD TV (1920x1080x32) Win 7 Home Pro (64bit) 240 GB Corsair SSD (Force Series 3) TrackIR4 Pro HOTAS Cougar + "Uber NxT advanced" gimbal mod SIMPED F-16 Pedals SAITEK Throttle Quadrant A2 leather jacket & leather gloves
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 14,031
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 14,031 |
Yes, you may be right. That said, they can take on a high speed shudder sometimes whilst in level flight (not always for me, though). But then I don't know any other sim that models such close formation flying. Most just space the AI out far enough that you cannot see such issues. But the RAF really did fly ludicrously close in the BoB period.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these Fockers were Messerschmitts..."
BDG BoB Developers Group: Eleven! years of passion for historical recreation of the Battle of Britain.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 33
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 33 |
Originally posted by VF-2 John Banks: I think this problem is based on the fact that wingmen, who fly in formation with you, look like beeing attached to your wing and try to fly a perfect formation, so the whole flight looks like a puppet on a string. It's the way the game tries to keep them in formation. And all this jumping and shaking is nothing more but small corrections to keep their formation perfect. So i doubt that that can really been fixed, as it's not really a bug. Hmmm, I don't really buy this (that it can't be fixed). I am used to close formation flying in IL2 and have never had these issues there. I only noticed this when looking over my shoulder with TrackIR. I just don't look anymore becuase it really spoils immersion.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,979
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,979 |
Originally posted by casualty: Originally posted by VF-2 John Banks: I think this problem is based on the fact that wingmen, who fly in formation with you, look like beeing attached to your wing and try to fly a perfect formation, so the whole flight looks like a puppet on a string. It's the way the game tries to keep them in formation. And all this jumping and shaking is nothing more but small corrections to keep their formation perfect. So i doubt that that can really been fixed, as it's not really a bug. Hmmm, I don't really buy this (that it can't be fixed). I am used to close formation flying in IL2 and have never had these issues there. I only noticed this when looking over my shoulder with TrackIR. I just don't look anymore becuase it really spoils immersion. Strange, this problem is very small to my eye and not as you see it (I am thinking). Can you please tell me if you see the same shaking when viewing the wingmen without TrackIR as I do not have it? Thanks in advance for the help.
Intel I7 920 processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro thanks to BobII crew.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 33
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 33 |
I'll see if I can take a short FRAPS of it with and without TrackIR. It is VERY noticeable as you'll see.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 14,031
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 14,031 |
ok, I think that would be really helpful. It's so hard to judge this one without seeing it.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these Fockers were Messerschmitts..."
BDG BoB Developers Group: Eleven! years of passion for historical recreation of the Battle of Britain.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,499
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,499 |
Btw Bader, what is this line in the bdg.txt file good for?
REDUCE_SURFACE_DEFLECTION=ON
Does it have something to do how the game handles the stick input and how the control surfaces are beeing moved in the game? If so, which option is more realistic, on or off?
Intel Core I7-4790K @ 4x4GHz (oc'ed to 4x4,5 GHz on air) be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler (250W TDP) ASUS Z97-C motherboard ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo Soundcard, PCIe 2 x 4GB GEIL DDR3 Value RAM ANTEC PSU (750W) Toshiba 37" LCD TV (1920x1080x32) Win 7 Home Pro (64bit) 240 GB Corsair SSD (Force Series 3) TrackIR4 Pro HOTAS Cougar + "Uber NxT advanced" gimbal mod SIMPED F-16 Pedals SAITEK Throttle Quadrant A2 leather jacket & leather gloves
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,979
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,979 |
The 2.04 User Guide Chapter 3 has an explaination of REDUCE_SURFACE_DEFLECTION=ON (sticky thread above for download).
Yes, most believe it is more realistic.
Intel I7 920 processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro thanks to BobII crew.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,979
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,979 |
Originally posted by Bader: ok, I think that would be really helpful. It's so hard to judge this one without seeing it. I just wanted to let you know that I made a fix for the Shakey wingmen and it is being tested on our beta forum for 2.06. It sound like a good fix so far. More later.
Intel I7 920 processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro thanks to BobII crew.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 164
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 164 |
same thing with me (shaky wingmen) when using mouselook (no track IR)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|