Hopefully, Starfield tries to mimic the real universe in most respects.

In the real universe, I would expect fewer than one "habitable" planet per Star (and not necessarily inhabited).

So, I expect to find "nothing" on most planets. I.e. most planets are just "filler" in a real universe.

Not saying I'll like it when I start playing (after finishing Witcher 3).

Meantime:

Quote
Starfield Is Bethesda’s Biggest Launch Yet with 6+ Million Players

A few hours ago, Bethesda announced on Twitter that Starfield has officially become the company's biggest launch of all time, having already registered more than six million players.

It's yet another indication of the game's strong launch after PlayTracker surmised more than two million units of the $100 Premium Edition had been sold as of September 5th. Then, Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer revealed Starfield had registered over one million concurrent players.


Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 24"P (180hz/1080p) + Samsung 32" Odyssey Neo G7 4K 1000R Curved (165Hz/4K/2160p) + 24"P (180hz/1080p), AMD R9-9950X, 64GB [email protected], GIGABYTE X870E AORUS Master MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~58TB storage, 1300W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, EVGA X20 Mouse, W11 Pro