Well chaps no joy at all removing the existing Nvidia driver profiles - just as bad (and it is awful for the several seconds it often lasts). Changing effects settings from 1 to 5 and back makes not the slightest difference (and doesn't look any different that I can see, either).
I wonder if loading sounds could be implicated as R/T calls are generally being played (and perhaps displayed - I have text turned off ATM) at the same time this is happening. I recall CloD suffered from stutter when radio calls were played, the only fix that worked for me being to move CloD to the SSD. But WotR is already on the SSD. It might be possible to add all the (many) variants of R/T calls that play at this point to preload.xml - not sure if that's viable, as it includes only texture files at the moment. But as I haven't NOTICED disk activity and am using an SSD, I'm not sure texture loading (or sound file loading, or both) is the problem here. Folks with modern rigs may be able to power through the issue but it's not happening for me. Bit of a killer.
I'm sorry to hear that too 33lima. The sim will still do that on my end, but much less often than before. Out of curiosity, what processor do you have? I'm wondering if it's something not playing well with our chipsets as I know the sim throttles a lot through the CPU. When the full stops happen I'm not seeing anything major on the GPU so I'm wondering if it's not getting stuck processing something under the hood. Like you, I can ramp up the settings to all 5's or down to all 1's and turn on and off all of the other options with no change whatsoever. FPS stay pretty much the same regardless. Knocking the nVidia settings back to their defaults - particularly the latency mode (which replaced the pre-rendered frames option) seems to have ironed out a lot of it but still...
Ultimately chaps, we are working with a nearly 20 year old bit of code that was never intended to work the kind of magic it does now. I have games from the year 2002 that don't even start in Windows 10, let alone function.
What OBD needs, ultimately, is a new graphics engine to build this on top of.
I'm sure it's completely pie in the sky - especially since MSFS doesn't really model damage or ballistics - but if somehow Pol and Winder hit the lottery, they can get a license for the new Flight Simulator engine.
I can chip in my $25 in a few weeks when I'm next paid and move UE over to PE. Every little bit...