Originally Posted By: Ssnake
Originally Posted By: TerribleTwo
I Ssnake a mod on the SB3 forum? If not, why not?

Assuming that there are typos in the question asking whether I am a mod in the "Steel Beasts Series" forum - no, I'm not, and I don't wish to be one. I'm already moderating the SteelBeasts.com forum and it's hard enough to maintain a tolerant and hands-off attitude there. I don't think it would be adequate to have developers of software products also do the moderation on an independent site.
Yes, I favor "neutrality" in the sense as was requested in the first post. The bias problem always exists, and denial about it won't make the situation any better. I'm happy to post news and answer questions, but I can never be truly impartial towards myself, my product, or my company as a forum moderator should be.


Ssnake, my respect for you just went up a whole lot. I wish I could afford the time and money to get into Steel Beasts.

On the original topic, I haven't personally noticed abuse of power by mods here (anecdote, worth the paper it is written on), but I think it does seem a little odd having people with a vested financial interest in a product moderating that product's forum on an independent site.