Originally Posted By: - Ice
However, as a group of like-minded individuals, it is hard for it to be totally neutral. We all like one form of sim or game, so we will always be biased towards that, moderator and member alike.


Thanks for your reply, but this topic isn't about moderation on SimHQ in general. I think it's usually fine and I agree with your comment. It's about conflict of interest (the financial one) which I wish would not play a role in the moderation at SimHQ.

Just to give an example: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3918567/Re_ANNOUNCEMENT_DCS_MiG_21bis_#Post3918567

Rudel and Cobra are the owners and developers of the MiG21bis title (Leatherneck Studios). Now I think it's great that they are and what they're doing there has my full support. I also have nothing at all against them in any way, or any position or anything to gain in the quoted discussion.

But I think they should not moderate their own forum on SimHQ. It's a matter of principle, which I think SimHQ should uphold.

MAC