Your "need for speed" idea brings up something about ROF that kinda bugs me on occasion...
Flying my trusty SE-5 in straight and level flight at full rpm/flat-out speed and I pass a DV head-on.
The DV makes a 180 degree turn and maintains his distance long enough ( 5 plus seconds) to shoot the crap out of my bird, causing me to have to ditch it just inside my lines.
The speed bleed-off of the DV during the 180 degree course reversal should be tremendous and I should have been leaving him in the dust but he maintained his separation from me for a looooong time. I even put the nose down at full throttle but he kept right with me!!! When he passed me during the head-on he was in a slight nose up attitude and I'm guessing his airspeed would have dropped to somewhere around 60 during the turn and I was indicating almost 130 but he stayed right with me!!!!
That's about the only thing from a "flight physics" perspective that bugs me (on occasion) flying ROF.
Anyone else notice this???
