Originally Posted By: mazex
Originally Posted By: Brigstock
I can't believe the whinging about the pricing of RoF.

Unbelievable!!!



Well, I realized this was the way this topic would end up... I have bought all the planes at mostly full price and I'm not complaining about that as I think they are well worth the money - the thing that I wanted to hear the public opinion about was that I get to pay $5 for the same sight for every plane I want to use it in. And that is almost the same money I paid for the whole plane...

I have paid something like $200 for my RoF installation to date and I have no problem with that in a niche market like this. Paying $40 for some sights, instruments and cockpit lights felt like it was not a bargain to me, but obviously I'm a cheap wining old sod daring to bring that topic to the table. Really sorry for that.

I guess it all has to do with me not being a fan of the FS franchise I'm not used to paying this money for a game, spoiled as I am from the IL2 family of hundreds of flyables for a lot less... I'd better get used to it I guess.


It's not a case of being a fan of the FS franchise, it's a case that what you are paying for is very reasonably priced IMO.
There is some room for arguement on having to pay for stuff that was a standard fitting on some A/C. Aldi on SE5 and DH2 backsight come to mind. But at the pricing point of RoF addons it's a moot point.
You don't have to buy everything, I have only pre-ordered what mods I need. All the Alb packs for the altimeter and temp gauge, the Noops for the compass and the SE5 for the Aldi (which I didn't really need, but thought "why not if only to put something in the Aldi mount"). I have no need for Aldi's or reflector sights on any other aircraft so didn't pick up that option. That is the beauty of RoF's pricing Model.

I too am a old IL2 player and I know how much is included in the next patch. If Maddox ran RoF the new patch would be incorporated into a new release and charge �40.