Originally Posted By: Avimimus
Originally Posted By: falstaff

Where is the news of dynamic campaign/weather? Changed ground palettes and art-work? Or hints of a time-table for these things?

Seems like crumbs thrown from the table to me. Where's the meat?

Ben


I've never heard reports the CoD would have a dynamic campaign by the developers (indeed - I've only heard some reports for the 2005 SoW). A dynamic campaign and modified textures will both be provided by the 3rd party over the coming months (I consider both to be inevitable). The dynamic weather was mentioned as possibly arriving with the next product - I'd estimate two years, given the issues we're seeing in the initial release).

I'd say new terrain textures within six months, a dynamic campaign generator in eight to eleven months, and a new weather module in about twenty-four months. Of course, these are just hints at a time-table, invented by myself, based on how long it took for similar things to be developed for Lomac/RoF/Il-2. If I were a betting man...

As for "meat" in the form of new features and aircraft - that'll probably have to wait until after the holiday. They've probably been working extremely hard for a couple of months prior to release (and now for a couple of months after). That's my suspicion anyway. However, I still wouldn't be surprised to see an MG-FF/M.



That's probably part of the point.

Everyone who brings up ROF says "well it wasn't released well and now it's great" insinuating that COD will just develop and be that good one day. The problem is they are two completely different development projects and published two completely different ways.

One is a major single release. The other is a game that was built on continually updated features, future progress, new campaigns, new content (paid and upaid) etc.

Ubisoft isn't going to keep paying Luthier and his team to improve an already released product. Once the game is considered largely playable, that'll be it. ROF is completely different and ongoing past just engine fixes.

It's depressing in a way. Even if COD is 100% playable, it's still lacking so much.

Last edited by bonchie; 05/03/11 06:25 PM.