Nice mod Kegety. Raised my fps up 15-20%. Now I'm flying with 30fps over London with all settings maxed @ 1920x1080 (sans grass + roads). I can go higher with grass and roads if I use the nomipmaps mod, but I can't stand the shimmering so I'll do without it.

2005AD - I found the culprit for the shadow (had this myself). It's actually two or more of the files in the folder:
il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\lowtex\$bob\textures\Terrain\Detail

Two or more files because when I removed only one of the files in that directory (for testing purposes), I still had the shadow. If I delete the complete folder then it's gone so it must be the way the dds files work together.

Those using the lowtex mod but not having the issue may not have it installed properly. When I unpacked the lowtex.7ip using winrar, it created a folder called lowtex and placed the unpacked folder structure underneath that one, effectivly giving me two "lowtex" folders. Anyone who has move the top "lowtex" into his/her "il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" directory will be getting the following structure:
"il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\lowtex\lowtex\..." which effectivly negates usage.

I Hope I posted my find understandably. It's early morning and I still have massive rings around my eyes smile

Cheers