Originally Posted By: vocatx

Last, but not least: if NASCAR is such a bore and a dying sport, then why do we have Patrick Carpentier, Max Pappis, Danica Patrick, Montoya, Hornish, and so many others busting their butts trying to get a full-time NASCAR ride? Because, be it the truck series, Nationwide, or Cup, it's the BEST racing ANYWHERE.



Unfortunately only Montoya and Tony Stewart are the only decent ex-open wheel drivers. Look at Dario Franchitti who "busted his butt" trying to get a NASCAR ride last year and stunk. Now he's back in Indycar and is #2 in the points this year. wink

I'd love to see Ambrose (a two time champion of the Aussie V8 Supercar Series) do a little better. He's great on roads but not so great on ovals...he's too nice...heh.

I'll admit I like watching NASCAR, but lately it really does bore me to sleep.


"Cave Putorium!"
SoWW #2485
Beware the Weasel