Originally posted by III/JG53_Crinius:
Is there no USAF or Italian Campaign available? With the new DGEN I cant choose these two.
USAAF careers are not included in 1946 to protect the "Battle Over Europe" add-on (sold through JustFlight.com), but I think there is a USAAF career included in Ian's Burma campaign.
Ian also included USAAF and RAF career options with his NW Europe map DGen campaign last year, which can still be found in the missions downloads section at Netwings in a beta form.
By default, the components needed for an Italian career do not exist and you'll have to add the pilot portraits, medals, and language pack first. Ian provided links to other sites that host these components when he offered an Italian DGen campaign last year from his own site. Sorry, when I looked at the thread where all the information had been posted (much like this one), Ian's links were dead. However ...
register at
CombatAce and download the pack I just linked. Move the DGen, Samples, Missions, and Paintschemes subfolders to your 1946 folder. Don't use the DGen.exe in the zip file because it is now outdated by the DGen.exe provided at the beginning of this thread. The 'NoCD' file won't work with 1946 so don't bother with it either.
If you don't have BOE or OstFront, you'll end up with some campaigns in your menu that won't start. Sorry about this. Simply don't start any campaigns that begin with (BOE), (KUR), (MUR), or -- as I recall -- (AAW). I think I have instructions on what files to delete from the DGen folder to rid yourself of these unavailable campaigns.