SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#756346 10/31/01 11:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I won't even mention the multiplayer campaign deadcode then.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#756347 11/01/01 12:34 AM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,376
Likes: 8
Professional Cynic
Hotshot
Professional Cynic
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 5,376
Likes: 8
Please mention the Multi-player Campaign dead-code.
Am I to understand that this was originally part of the concept?
Talk about a blast.Some of the best times I've had online with other sims was playing a coop campaign.

------------------
You are what you do when it counts


WOLF

You are what you do when it counts

I will do terrible things to protect myself and all that I've worked for.
But even in your deepest, darkest nightmares you can't imagine the horrific things I'll do to protect my family.

#756348 11/01/01 01:16 AM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,341
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 2,341
Wow! This could be spectacular news! I think some of the ideas bounced about for BoB would also apply to MigAlley (improved terrain, forests, planes, etc). Heck, if we could find out how to edit the bin files and expand the palette for MA too, we could at least have many better mods (not to mention the other issues mentioned above, like possible campaign and multiplayer fixes). My latest 3d cloud mod for Mig Alley just isn't satisfactory to me at this time. I know the answer is somewhere...hoping it's in the source code, and praying it's released. Not only has Rowan created excellent sims, but to open source the code for them would be an outstanding opportunity for the community to try and enhance them and keep the sims thriving!

#756349 11/01/01 02:50 AM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,458
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,458
Somebody pinch me! What I want to know is how much BoB and MA could controbute towards a revamped FCG!

#756350 11/01/01 03:31 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
I won't even mention the multiplayer campaign deadcode then.



I must be dreaming.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
#756351 11/01/01 08:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alright now Rowan ... who are you and what have you done with Dave.

I just shot up from my seat in pure unaldulterated joy.

Someone mentioned the list of bugs in MA campaign. There are actually very few compared to BoB. I have very strong feelings on how the campaign should be modified however. There are a couple of relatively easy changes (just change the values in a table) in the code that I've wanted forever.

Man, this is awesome!!!

------------------
Ken "KC23" Cook
Feature Editor,
SimHQ.com
[email protected]
BoB Strategy Guide
BoB Mods & Downloads
Amazon.com and other links that help Support SimHQ

#756352 11/01/01 08:56 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 111
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 111
Mig Alley was my first real Sim. If the code is freed, I will be very grateful.

To quote Sting: If you love somebody ...

#756353 11/01/01 09:10 AM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
U
Member
Member
U Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Smith:
Somebody pinch me! What I want to know is how much BoB and MA could controbute towards a revamped FCG!

I didn't dare to mention that at first...


------------------
Ursus' FCG site

#756354 11/01/01 09:46 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 14,031
B
Veteran
Veteran
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 14,031
Quote:
Originally posted by JamesB:
Is this really on the cards? BDG are you watching, are there any bits of Mig Alley which we would like to use? I know there is a lot in there already.



Well, there are trains for one thing. Could keep the Luftwaffe Jagdfliegers happy.


"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

BDG BoB Developers Group: Eleven! years of passion for historical recreation of the Battle of Britain.
#756355 11/01/01 11:38 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 2,198
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 2,198
Yes, that would be good, and maybe not too tricky

#756356 11/01/01 12:30 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 55
M
mug Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 55
This is the greatest news..............EVER!!!


I can see YAKs in the campaign. I can see flying a mig from china in the campaign. The guys from Rowan have been and still are the greatest.

I would be able to replace all Jets with Mustangs and Yaks. Don't know how hard it would be to swap but maybe import the German aircraft from Bob for the Reds and the British aircraft to replace the U.S. planes.

Maybe have limited supplies so you have to use more 5000 lb. bombs and save the 10,000 pounders.

A little more ambitious and not so realistic but I would love to give the Reds some bombers and have them bomb S.Korea while we are trying to bomb them. Dentist would give you a vector to the nearest bandits but you wouldn't know if they were coming for you or on their way to bomb the airbase you just left from. Have the offensive come to a halt because your supply lines have been cut.

#756357 11/01/01 03:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hola,

That would be fantastic news for the folks who purchased and love the product.


------------------
Buzzbe
416 RCAF "The Lynx"
"Ad Saltum Paratus"
416 RCAF Homepage

#756358 11/01/01 04:12 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,861
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,861
Oh my, this could be the start of something special. Next to BoB, Mig Alley stands on my all time list at # 2.

Exciting news indeed.

Thank you Dave/Rowan. What you are trying to do may turn this slowing genre back in the right direction.


TALLY HO!
#756359 11/01/01 04:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To me, Mig Alley was more stable than BOB. I don't know why but maybe Dave or Rowan can give us a hint. There are some nice mods out there.

Dave, Rowan, could you tell us in a few short sentences what the difference was between the Mig Alley code and the BOB code ?

Thanks Rowan/Dave....
Jib01

#756360 11/01/01 05:15 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,568
C
Senior Member
Senior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,568
Picture the MiG Alley campaign "engine" applied to a WWII environment.

Can you say Northwest Desert Air Force vs. the Luftwaffe and the RA (can't spell the whole name for the Italian air-force) - most of what went on there was close air-support and repulsion of same.

Can you say Eastern Front? People over at IL-2 are talking about using the IL-2 engine to do the BoB. That would be great. Where small scale engagements are involved, I believe IL-2 does this better than BoB. However, one thing the IL-2 can not do is large-scale engagements (unless you have a real powerhouse of a computer) or a dynamic campaign - can you imagine an Ostfront campaign where you direct Stukas, Bf109s, etc. or IL-2s, Yaks, etc. in a close-air support slugfest?

This is certainly an exciting time for flight sim fans. I've only been introduced to Rowan sims recently (this year) but I am a die-hard convert. Even with their bugs, I find them extremely immersive by virtue of their good points.

------------------
"Forget it Ming, Dale's with me." - Flash Gordon


"Hello! How are you gentlemen?

You have no chance to survive, make your time!"
#756361 11/01/01 07:57 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,861
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,861
FlashGordon2000

I agree completely.

With IL2, It is pretty, covers a thus far untouched theatre and will be fun for a while but I still maintain it will not have as long of a life as it should due to the lack of a dynamic campaign. How many times can you play the same missions knowing EXACTLY what is going to happen, where it will likely happen and when. To my thinking there has yet to be a "hit" sim that does not have a dynamic campaign.

IF MA can can used to build an East front or desert game I am all for it, that is after MA itself is enhanced. Many possibilites exist just with the Korean War.


TALLY HO!
#756362 11/01/01 08:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Jib01:
To me, Mig Alley was more stable than BOB. I don't know why but maybe Dave or Rowan can give us a hint. There are some nice mods out there.

Dave, Rowan, could you tell us in a few short sentences what the difference was between the Mig Alley code and the BOB code ?

Thanks Rowan/Dave....
Jib01


About a year's development.

the 3d engine is different... campaign is really dynamic (and realtime), errr..

Mig is viewed as "more stable" because it is.. Mig had a period of about 8 months polishing time.. Bob had about 4..

Deadlines eh?

#756363 11/02/01 02:59 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,260
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 2,260
More good news for flight sim fans, I agree with SNAFU about BoB likely having a better campaign than Il-2, but I think Il-2 will win out in the online area, it is a lovely piece of software, but I can certainely fit a third FS on my HDD. One for ground attack, 1v1 etc. One because its the best sim of the Battle of Britain and has massed bombers and one jet sim, the only jet sim I would bother playing, it's all good!

Oh and thanks to the people at Rowan that have made this possible.


III/JG11_Tiger
#756364 11/02/01 05:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This would rock! Let`s get the Navy jets flyable in the game. Lets get flyable commie prop planes. Fix the very few bugs. Give me a Corsair to drop napalm with, and let me take on some MiGs in a F-9F Panther. MiG Alley is the best dogfighting sim in existence! Let`s do it!

#756365 11/02/01 07:26 AM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 7,194
H
Hotshot
Hotshot
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 7,194
Yessss!!!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,079,313 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1