SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#676039 12/05/05 09:11 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,176
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,176
Hi all,

I'm thinking of reinstalling OFP resistance + mods, but there's one think I got to ask:

is there a mod that allows you to tell the AI to shut up!?!

Especially during online coops; I remember using teamspeak became almost impossible due to these continuous AI radio messages.

Cheers,

Willem.

#676040 12/05/05 11:06 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 760
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 760
Hi,

Haven't installed OFP right now but you might have to edit the voice.pbo file? I'm playing VBS1 right now and by default you cannot hear the AI-voices because they have replaced the voice.pbo. This perhaps can be done also in OFP? Perhaps there is already a file somewhere on the web.

Cheers!


H�nschen klein ging allein
In die weite Welt hinein.
#676041 12/06/05 07:25 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,581
O
Senior Member
Senior Member
O Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,581
Whoa, you're playing VBS1? Where did you get it?

#676042 12/06/05 10:43 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 760
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally posted by Operator:
Whoa, you're playing VBS1? Where did you get it?
Hi,

VBS1 is available for the public too for a long time now: http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/

Cheers!


H�nschen klein ging allein
In die weite Welt hinein.
#676043 12/06/05 03:17 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,343
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,343
HOLY CRAP! How'd we miss it!? Hmm... $200? Not before Magnum reviews it! \:D


You're only young once, but you can be immature forever.
#676044 12/06/05 04:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,176
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,176
I have a pbo progy somewhere on a backup CD, so I could try opening the voice.pbo and rename some voice files.

Will let you guys know if it works.

Cheers,

Willem.

#676045 12/06/05 05:12 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,176
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,176
BTW Wicked: are you a member of the lowlands warrior team ?

Just curious \:\)

#676046 12/06/05 05:40 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,581
O
Senior Member
Senior Member
O Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,581
$200...!!

Could you maybe provide a review for that? How is it different from regular OFP. Is it worth it?

#676047 12/06/05 06:08 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 760
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally posted by Willem:
BTW Wicked: are you a member of the lowlands warrior team ?

Just curious \:\)
Nope, not a member of the lowland people. They make excellent addons for OFP though. \:\) I'm just a big fan of OFP/VBS1. ;\)

Cheers!


H�nschen klein ging allein
In die weite Welt hinein.
#676048 12/06/05 06:12 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 760
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally posted by Operator:
$200...!!

Could you maybe provide a review for that? How is it different from regular OFP. Is it worth it?
I'm not going to make a review of VBS1 here. VBS1 is made for the military in the first place and not for the gamer, complete with Observer, After Action Review and so on. But if you would like to read some please read the general forum here and decide then:
http://www.vbsresources.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

Cheers!


H�nschen klein ging allein
In die weite Welt hinein.
#676049 12/06/05 06:23 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
Quote:
Could you maybe provide a review for that? How is it different from regular OFP. Is it worth it?
I'm working on getting that done by a guest writer, hopefully by years end, but NO PROMISES.

I would really like to get it but 200 bucks is just too much, then 50 bucks for each add-on, and theres like 20 of them... kinda like MFS, add-ons add up on money. ;(

but just in case you didn't see the land news last week... here's two videos using the program and add-ons...

http://www.magnumland.com/Downloads/ofp2thtr.zip

http://www.magnumland.com/Downloads/ofp.zip

#676050 12/06/05 07:09 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
after feedback from 3 people who have it....

the general consensus is that it's "cool to have", but OFP modded is just as good, if not better then VBS1... and once you have it you would just ask yourself why you paid 200 bucks for it, plus 50 bucks for each cool add-on.

I'm going to force my self to "just say NO", (yes, I was considering it), play my excellent OFP w/ mods, then Armed Assault, then OFP2... I'll be happy with that. ;\)

#676051 12/06/05 07:44 PM
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12,110
P
Veteran
Veteran
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 12,110
My guess is that the $200 gives you major support from the vendor. A different class of support than a lowly PC user is used too.

#676052 12/06/05 07:52 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,581
O
Senior Member
Senior Member
O Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,581
Quote:
Originally posted by Magnum MGG:
after feedback from 3 people who have it....

the general consensus is that it's "cool to have", but OFP modded is just as good, if not better then VBS1... and once you have it you would just ask yourself why you paid 200 bucks for it, plus 50 bucks for each cool add-on.

I'm going to force my self to "just say NO", (yes, I was considering it), play my excellent OFP w/ mods, then Armed Assault, then OFP2... I'll be happy with that. ;\)
Ah that's what I was looking for, thanks. Those screenshots, the make tha games graphics look so much more superior to OFP?

#676053 12/06/05 08:12 PM
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
M
Lifer
Lifer
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 28,506
they are better then the default, from what I've been told... but any of the add-on mods are better then the default and VBS1....

plus I heard very hard to get in the US, for some reason... I signed up on there web site because I was considering, and they didn't even have the US listed as a country in there "sign up form", had about 150 others thou. lol

#676054 12/06/05 09:29 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 855
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 855
Just turn the "voice" slider down in preferences...?


Don Quixote's misfortune is not his imagination, but Sancho Panza.
#676055 12/06/05 09:34 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
R
Lifer
Lifer
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 25,177
Likes: 2
So those two Vids are VBS1? The title screen says "OFP1" but I guess that's an error.

Very well done Vids.

#676056 12/06/05 11:52 PM
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,176
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,176
Impressive movies, but Someone has to ask:

Why does this sim need an fully animated kangaroo???

The sheep video doesn't open for me, but I don't even wanna know what they're trying to simulate with those sheep...

#676057 12/07/05 06:32 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 726
Likes: 1
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 726
Likes: 1
Quote:
Originally posted by Willem:
Impressive movies, but Someone has to ask:

Why does this sim need an fully animated kangaroo???

They needed some friends for the rabbits and the sheep. So they made the kanaroo. \:D
Jens


"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
#676058 12/07/05 10:42 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 726
Likes: 1
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 726
Likes: 1
Ehm, to return to the original question.

The WGL modification ( WGL 5.0beta comes with "silent" AI just like in VBS1.

Jens

@Wicked: Good to see some other VBS1 chaps around here.


"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,268 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1