SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#55921 09/24/01 07:02 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 760
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 760
In Rogue Spear, Urban Operations and the Mission CD of Covert Ops I can't finish watching the intro because it always crashes after some time. Also the speech (missions introduction and so on) just stops after a while. Well, that's okay somehow, I can live with that. But now a face a much bigger problem: the intro into the training CD stutters like hell, there is no way I can even watch it for some seconds. Well, this now annoys me somehow and I can't help thinking that there is something that could be done, because I definitely remember that I once could watch and listen to the stuff of Rogue Spear without problems. Anyone here know what this could be all about?

My sys.specs:
-AMD Athlon 650MHz
-256MB
-GeForce 32MB DDR with latest nVidia Detonator
-SoundBlaster Live! Platinum
-Win98SE and DirectX 8.0 running.

Don't know, though, if its 8.0 or 8.0a. Its build 4.08.00.0400. Anyway, it has nothing to do with DirectX 8.0, 'cause those problems also occur with DirectX 7.0.

Any help is appreciated!


MoBo: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 4x3.40GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 CL8 8GB Kit | GPU: MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB DDR5 | SND: AuzenTech X-Meridian 7.1 2G | PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550W | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB � ArchLinux | HDD: WD Caviar Green 1000GB (Data) | DVD-RW: Pioneer DVR-218L | Sony Optiarc AD-7240S
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 767
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Dec 1999
Posts: 767
Gust got the game and yes, I have a similar problem. The training disk sound and video are just plain choppy. My setup is pretty similar to Ojkoltsa's.

Orangutan

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 760
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 760
Okay, maybe I can try to help you out then (yes, I solved my problem meanwhile).

What I did isn't something remarkable, but now the training CD of Covert Ops works perfect.

Okay, first I uninstalled the nVidia driver, I restarted my computer an installed my rather old ASUS V6800 driver. That also installed some kind of DirectX Runtime stuff, don't know what exactly, though. Besides this, I installed the Mini-AGP-Driver again. I tried the training CD and it worked! Well, I then uninstalled the ASUS driver and installed the latest nVidia driver (21.81).

Now, everything works like a charm and all my problems are solved.

By the way, UbiSoft suggested to me to update my graphic card and sound card drivers.


MoBo: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K 4x3.40GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 CL8 8GB Kit | GPU: MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB DDR5 | SND: AuzenTech X-Meridian 7.1 2G | PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550W | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB � ArchLinux | HDD: WD Caviar Green 1000GB (Data) | DVD-RW: Pioneer DVR-218L | Sony Optiarc AD-7240S

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Population Patterns
by PanzerMeyer - 09/15/26 03:43 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,070,321 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1