SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
2
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
I didn't get a chance to take a run at any of your laps over the weekend, unfortunately Derek. I ended up buying a new rig over the weekend and it took the majority of my weekend transferring everything over to it. This upcoming weekend I have a little to finish up, but it's mostly together, it's just the finishing touches. Hopefully there will be more time in it than working on it.

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Still three days to run, but it seems you might only have time for this on weekends. Over the past few competitions I've had one friend lap posted, and my friend's list is fairly robust in this one. I like to compare to folks I 'know'. It adds something to the experience. But it's rare. I haven't been driving as much myself over the summer, but still post a few most rounds.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
2
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
Made a run at your lap at Brands Hatch, got about 6 tenths behind you. Brands Hatch is not my favorite track, it just doesn't flow with me, and never has. Good lap that you put down though.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Are you on metric or something? Your six tenths behind looks like one tenth in front to me biggrin

New round is up including Super Touring at Mid Ohio and that's worth a bash


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
Seeing Mid-Ohio on the board, I gave it a go in the Laguna. Came in at 1.31.3 I think, leaving a potential optimum laptime of 1.30.4 unachieved.

Now for the serious stuff. I’m afraid RaceRoom is not my happy place. I’m not going to spend much time with it for a while. Maybe I’m just done with it. I don’t think I should go into details as that would just be a negative post potentially ruining the fun for others.


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Good driving Jens. I loaded up your ghost, having read your last post, and chased you around wondering if it is for the final time. Your post is cryptic and obviously intentionally so. You'll talk about it if you care to I reckon.

I also piloted the Renault and you know I like this track, the Sports Car Course as I like to refer to it. These are touring cars but will have to do ha.

Posted a fair one, but four tenths off the theoretical so maybe I'll return at some point and see if it can be sharpened. I expect it can with better driving smile


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
I’m not sure I can talk about it, or put into words, my current perception of RR. I’m just not enjoying RaceRoom.

I don’t enjoy the physics, I don’t enjoy a large part of the graphics - especially older tracks that have not been updated seem flat and lifeless. I think my eyes have difficulty discerning more than 2 dimensions. I don’t enjoy the forcefeedback. It is vague, uncommunicative and rattely.


Well, here’s my rant.

I know you detest the NSU Derek.

95% of the RR content does nothing for me. I’m not into DTM, GT3 or Touring cars as they are to be found in RR. I would appreciate a little friend for the NSU say a Renault 8 rearengined banger from the same period. That’s not going to happen because, to me, RR seems to be without any plans beyond releasing new DTM seasons.

I had hoped for more open wheel content but the Crosslé seems to have been just a single release and not a step towards a larger push into open wheel racing. (Retro)

The developers are not interested in revisiting IndyCar, or the Formula US as they call it. It can’t race on ovals and it is a very old model.

The track selection is arrested at the tracks we have available today. New releases are too few and too far between. Older tracks are not revisited when the studio switches shaders once in a while and then pat themselves on the back on their own YouTube Channel for their great achievements.

Many of the tracks seem to me to be fairly unspectacluar, some of them hopelessly so; Allemandring just to mention a recent example.

And the competitions are imo needlessly repetetive in their selection of content.

The company didn’t pay out vrp for how long was it, 18 months?

During the Christmas holiday the then current competition ran out and we had three weeks with no competitions. No word from the studio. Not a single word.

I suspect the developers don’t care.

Last edited by McGonigle; 09/22/26 01:39 PM.

Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
I managed to get my laptime down to 1.30.2 with a bit of setuppery. But that Renault is an understeery barge!


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
There's no accounting for taste, and if it doesn't suit you, what are ya gonna do? I don't share your opinion, except on the VRP payouts and occasionally the variety on offer in the competitions, but in general I think they mix it up well enough. I like to compete in these, and I've said before that I enjoy the challenge of taking random car and track combinations and seeing how fast I can get around the circuit, despite the inherent difficulties and regardless of whether I actually like the car and track. There are few classes I don't care for, so I'm up for anything. Tracks are more split, but I bite the bullet sometimes and hit it anyway. It's there to overcome, so yeah, have at it.

Well at least you are going out in style, top 20. Great lap mate.

Try a couple different marques and see if the balance in another suits you better. Like the S40 maybe.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
2
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
I had another run at your time Derek, as you saw. I'll see what combos they have this week, and maybe take a shot at them.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Yes, nicely done, you nicked that one.

This round I've posted laps at Mid Ohio as noted, and DTM 2016 at Zandvoort. I will probably hit the Nordschleife in the hillclimbers and maybe the electric at Road America. If you post any let me know.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
2
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
I took a shot at the hillclimber at the Nordschleife. That car is a odd feeling car, tons of downforce, but still has a lot of understeer until power is applied, then it rotates quite well. Could definitely push it harder in some places than most things I've driven around there, but it also gets a lot of air over the steep hills, it's a weird mix. I still have some work to do learning the Nurburgring, but I'm getting more comfortable. I have made some decent improvements there, I think I'm only a few months of putting some laps into it, it started whenever I bought AC Evo. I'm glad I'm not feeling completely lost there anymore.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Not feeling lost? I'd say

I found your entry much higher in the list than your post suggested I would, I should say.

I am impressed. I think of myself as a specialist here and honestly I doubt I can match that lap. You are .020 away from being top American at the mo. So yeah, you gotta give it another go and claim top spot.

The guy you're ahead of, Axial Terra, is my phantom rival whose ghost I usually race.

The hillclimbers are exceptionally quick and yeah, gobs of grip. With you having posted a lap I feel compelled to do the same. I don't run from the challenge, I step in to it biggrin

Congrats Kenny, you ought to be proud of this lap, and I admire you embracing this particular challenge. This is what it is about.

I've put laps up at Assen, Zandvoort and Mid Ohio


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
2
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
Thank you sir, from seeing a lot of your times and how big of a gap I had, it took a lot of laps to get some feel for the track. A lot of time into the walls, and resets. It is for sure more enjoyable now that I can make some laps and not have the lap cancelled every time. I will probably run another attempt at it.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
I fired up RR after work, inspired by your fast lap and wanted to have a crack at it. Loaded your ghost and chased you around. Took a few laps just to run a clean one, but started getting the feel of the car. I drove the Carlsson too, and it is a lot of race car. Very fast, nearly clipping 290 at times. It does have good grip, plus ABS and TC.

We were very evenly matched once I got in the flow. Started running inside a second off your exhaust, seeing where you were gaining a tenth or two, and where I was doing the same. Good stuff.

In the end I managed to nick it by a few tenths. That lap had at least two 'dammits' in it so left a little out there I reckon, but top American for the moment.

Great driving Kenny, that was good fun.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
2
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
Good lap Derek, I'm getting pretty close to my limit with that car I think. I wish I could disable TC on some of these cars, some of the speed I can push is negated due to the delay caused by the TC. I was able to drop my time, but I'm not sure how much further I can go, I lost a little in the middle sectors, but as I'm sure I don't need to tell you, that track is hard to get a clean lap. There is almost always somewhere I could have made it through cleaner. It's such a tight track that missing apex's by a few inches can make or break your lap.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Yes, nicely done, top American by a second.

I woke up Sunday at 7 AM, and noticed you were already on the track. I'm going to have to get up mighty early in the morning to beat that lap time biggrin


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
2
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490
Likes: 13
Yes sir, I'm usually up early every day, and Sunday's are my main day to jump in the rig. I had a busy Sunday out of the rig, so that was the majority of my time in it.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,109
Likes: 82
A fresh cup of coffee is probably worth three or four tenths, so yeah, not a bad plan.I have not returned to the Ring, but did add a lap for the Sim Expo competition, driving Super Touring at Zolder. Ran the Renault and the Volvo S40 but not quite nailing it.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,079,027 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1