|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490 Likes: 13
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27 Member
|
|
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27 Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490 Likes: 13 |
I want to say just over 200 down the Mulsanne. I didn't change any of the settings in the garage, but I'd assume if you did, you would gain quite a bit on the straights with some less wing.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82 |
Yes, that's what I've done, as a very small adjustment to the aero picked up about 7 kph and down these straights that adds up. I managed to nick you, but if you do the same with the setup you'll go faster still. Fastest speed I noticed was 338, which is 210 mph
This is a fun combination, the Hitechs at Le Mans. Not one of my better tracks, but since LMU came out I've driven it more. Maybe this would be a good track to run out the V-12
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490 Likes: 13
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27 Member
|
|
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27 Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490 Likes: 13 |
You were correct on dropping the wing down a few notches, then I added an extra click to the top end gear, and it made a pretty big difference. They are some enjoyable cars to drive for sure. After I was done running hotlaps, I ran a full race distance at Suzuka with them.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82 |
Love Suzuka, I always do well there in the RR competitions. Speaking of which, new round is out and some good events. https://game.raceroom.com/competitions/Zonda at Imola, Super Touring at the Ring, and Sachsenring makes a return, and we haven't seen this track in some time. The NSU TT makes an appearance, but you know I don't like this car, labeling it my least favorite in sim racing. Hope to see some of you on the boards
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583 Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus Senior Member
|
|
Motorius Emeritus Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583 Likes: 39 |
Some interesting venues to visit, Kenny. Road Atlanta sounds like a wild ride, with the blind sweepers and the hairpins. LM also sounds like a good track for the F Hitech.
Apologies Derek but I’ve gone and posted a lap in the NSU at Stowe, the car does handle quite horribly, oversteer required to get into the corner and then waiting for the understeer to stop pushing the nose of the car away from the corner once you apply the throttle. I quite understand if you don’t want to be part of that sorry business.
Jens C. Lindblad
Sent from my Desktop
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490 Likes: 13
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27 Member
|
|
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27 Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490 Likes: 13 |
6th gear wide open through turn 1 at Road Atlanta is quite a trip in the F1 car. I was just trying to think of some tracks that aren't as well run with those kinds of cars. Like Derek, it had been a while since I ran a lot of laps at Lemans, but once I started running more LMU, I started enjoying it a lot more. I will probably try and run some laps in the Zonda at Imola in RR.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82 |
You're a brave man, Jens, in that bucket of bolts
Zonda at Imola is good, yeah. I hit that one first and put up a 38.4. Struggling a bit with entry understeer (or overdriving) and maybe some more time in the garage will find some gain. Maybe it just has sh!t brakes? Alta is such a difficult chicane to take fast and consistently
I hit Road Atlanta in the Hitech but was all out of sorts and parked it. Didn't even post a lap
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82 |
I hit the RR comps and posted a lap last night in Super Touring at NLS. I swap around in this class, don't have a preferred ride. Drove the Audi this time. Good class of cars for the Ring, but then most are. One of the drivers on my friend's list had posted a cracking lap at 8:46 and I chased him. First lap I lost sight of his ghost by Aremberg, I was slow, but still clean. Warming up I guess. Each time you switch cars, or worse, sims, you gotta have some seat time to re-adjust I think. There's this plane of being where you find your final five percent and this is elusive when you hop around. After a couple hours you've found it again. Or it seems so for me. I finished that lap 19 seconds behind the friend. Came in to make minor adjustments to the brakes and both front and rear toe, and hit the track to turn five consecutive laps, none without mistakes, but clean enough and nearly hauled him in, crossing a half second back Good racing! Maybe I'd find something with a different whip. I drove my socks off and I'm 18 seconds off the top. That is insulting  This morning I hit the hypercars at Watkins Glen and stuck it in P6 but it's early. Setup changes were focused on better entry rotation. I drove the Lambo and wanted more lift oversteer, especially for turn one, but also the entire third sector. I dropped the coast side of the diff a few notches, which makes the car turn more when you lift off the throttle. I also don't care for brake migration, so I reduce this by dropping the number, and compensating by shifting brake bias forward a few clicks. To further dial in the entry balance I tried both one click softer front spring, and four clicks softer front roll bar and ran the fast lap with the latter. I tried running more wing but found no time. I ran on TC 2 but didn't experiment to see if there's more in it yet. All three premium comps this round are inviting and that's not always the case for me. KWS has now gone more than a year since they have paid out any VRP for premium competitions and they should feel shame and regret. But they won't even address it and I've brought it up on their forum. They owe us for over 75 premium competitions. Pay up
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583 Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus Senior Member
|
|
Motorius Emeritus Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583 Likes: 39 |
Sadly, KWS are at times acting unprofessionally ; your example is concerning because it indicates a lack of funds so they don't pay what they owe to you. Furthermore they don't seem to be at all interested in improving or updating older content unless they can charge you full price again for a recreation of content you already own.
I was appalled when during the Christmas holidays, there were no competitions active for three weeks, just a blank competitions page, and no communication from RR crew as to what was happening and when to expect a change in status. Could someone not have set up a car/track roster to run for those three weeks? or specified that the existing competitions be run through the period in question? Could they not remote in a new comptetions cycle? Or, could they not at least have posted in their forums about the outage?
They might be strapped for cash but it seems like they don't care anymore.
Last edited by McGonigle; 06/03/26 08:48 AM.
Jens C. Lindblad
Sent from my Desktop
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82 |
Handing out VRP has no cost to them, aside from any lost sale because a player used the free VRP instead. And as I said on their forum, it isn't the players who have imposed the system on the company, they have offered it to us. The last competitions to have been paid out were in May of 2025. Friend activity has not worked since July of 2025
I've now posted laps in each comp aside from GT3 and the NSU TT. I feel sharp at the moment, and stuck it in P7 at Interlagos in DTM 2016, P7 at the Glen in the hypercars, P11 at Sachsenring in GT Masters (I love this track) and good results in the others, aside from Nordschleife perhaps where I'm well down the leaderboard
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490 Likes: 13
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27 Member
|
|
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27 Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490 Likes: 13 |
Derek, I posted a lap of the Zonda around Imola this morning. Good lap, I was running pretty consistent laps in the 38's, the 37's were hard to drop down into. I feel like it would have been much easier if I could turn the traction control off. I like to use the throttle to rotate the car which I felt hampered by not being able to do.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82 |
Three thousandths?! Are you kidding me? Haha, nice lap, and it cannot get much tighter than that. Closer than this year's Indy finish. I returned to both Sachsenring and Lausitzring and improved at each I like to use the throttle to rotate the car which I felt hampered by not being able to do. Same, steering with the pedals, I know just what you are on about. I forget, does this car allow adjustment to the differential? If so, lower the power side value which will increase the throttle-on rotation on exit. Raising preload does too, but at the cost of more entry understeer.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490 Likes: 13
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27 Member
|
|
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27 Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490 Likes: 13 |
I'm not sure on that one. The only garage options I looked at was seeing if there was a option to drop the TC. Being directly next to you was my option to say it was good enough. I have a tenth and a half, to two tenths in the first half of the lap, around Acque Minerali I drop to even.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82 |
I just looked and the Zonda has no drivetrain adjustment at all.
TC 6 is 0% cut so should effectively be off.
I hit the Interlagos competition just now and sharpened it up by two tenths and feel like there's more in it. P16 but only a few hundred have posted as it is premium.
I've avoided the NSU event, for reasons which I need not repeat haha. But I snuck it out on a practice track just to see how competitive I might be and targeted 1:01 and failed to break 1:02 so I'll keep skipping this one. But at least I tried.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82 |
I returned to Sachsenring last night, in GT Masters. Have I mentioned I adore this track? So much fun to drive. I had set my PB in the Audi but decided to try a different whip. The BMW is a M6, and usually its M4 in all the competitions so I gave it a go to shave three or four tenths and stick in in P13 for the moment. Not much participation around here, and I will remember a couple weeks ago, when we had three or four guys running, fondly. Those were the days 
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583 Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus Senior Member
|
|
Motorius Emeritus Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583 Likes: 39 |
There was some talk of modding in the CH forum and I got inspired to download some more skins for the AMS2 Formula Classic cars and mod these cars, so I've been off to Kyalami; Classic and newer version. I went in in the Formula Classic Gen3 Model1 I think they're called. I managed a 1:31:3 on the newer version of the track which found me 10th on the leaderboard at the time. I find the track very rewarding to drive. It suits these old Turbos very well with some nice high speed sections and challenging combinations. Somehow I haven't driven this track since Toca Race Driver ages ago. I'm glad I rediscovered it. ![[Linked Image]](https://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/51325/filename/ss165551.jpg) ![[Linked Image]](https://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/51326/filename/ss165725.jpg)
Last edited by McGonigle; 06/11/26 01:10 PM.
Jens C. Lindblad
Sent from my Desktop
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,110 Likes: 82 |
I'd hate to see the tires which are throwing off marbles like that! Haha, good shots Jens.
This is modern Kyalami? I prefer the old routing, but the new track is still good. Frank and I were running here when ACC first came out.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583 Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus Senior Member
|
|
Motorius Emeritus Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583 Likes: 39 |
I think the first shot is actually the old layout. The second for sure is the newer layout.
Jens C. Lindblad
Sent from my Desktop
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490 Likes: 13
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27 Member
|
|
Steam:24_Fan XBL:Snafu27 Member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 490 Likes: 13 |
Jens, I took a try at your lap at Kyalami, and gave you a new time to chase after. Derek, after you mentioned the TC for the Zonda, I went back and gave it another go, and dropped my time another 10th or so. I also took a shot at your formula time around the Nurburgring, but I don't really know that track well, and didn't really enjoy driving that car around it, so I'm pretty far off the pace on that one.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583 Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus Senior Member
|
|
Motorius Emeritus Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583 Likes: 39 |
Thanks Kenny. Good lap too!
Jens C. Lindblad
Sent from my Desktop
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|