SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Force10 #4673782 12/17/25 08:34 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 26,088
Likes: 168
O
Administrator
Lifer
Administrator
Lifer
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 26,088
Likes: 168
I have 6 that I give monthly contributions.


Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Someday your life will flash in front of your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Force10 #4673784 12/17/25 08:51 PM
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
That's very generous of you to do that. If you don't mind me asking OG, what are the others that you donate to ? Might give me some others to consider to donate to that to that are worthy. Was considering donating to ASPCA because those dog commercials by them also put a tear in my eyes I would adopt every one of those dogs if I could, already have 3 rescue dogs though.

Force10 #4673790 12/17/25 09:56 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,152
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,152
Likes: 190
I was headed to the hospital for colon cancer surgery 9 years ago this week, started chemo a couple of months later. The kids undergoing treatment were in a different section of the hospital and I was thankful for that because when I did occasionally catch a glimpse of a child coming/going to chemo it broke my heart.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Force10 #4673791 12/17/25 10:22 PM
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
Well evidently you beat the colon cancer 9 years ago F4, good job Sir. Of course seeing any child in pain fighting a disease they didn’t deserve will break your heart if you have a heart. These kids/ babies never did anything bad in this world yet they have been chosen for this horrible cancer disease, I don’t understand God sometimes but I am sure he has reasons I don’t know about but I trust him, maybe he is running short on angels. I remember when I was growing up with my brother about 11 and 13 years old we were getting a little out of hand. My Dad seeing that took us on a ride to Yale New Haven Children’s hospital in Connecticut and he made me and my brother walk through the cancer ward on the 9th floor. After leaving we were pretty humbled. Dad was a smart man.

Force10 #4673839 12/18/25 04:18 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Prostate cancer is the biggest killer of men in the UK apparently... however, many men have died with prostate cancer, but it wasn't the prostate problem that killed them.

Force10 #4673846 12/18/25 05:15 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,152
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,152
Likes: 190
I was thinking about the big milestones in life:

Birth
Walk
Start school
Graduation
Marriage
Children
Children graduate/ marry / grandchildren
Retirement
Death

And it dawned on me that I've checked them all off except for the last 2... and I retire in less than 2 years, unless the last one jumps the queue.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Force10 #4673871 12/18/25 07:53 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,498
Likes: 36
F
I'm just a
Senior Member
I'm just a
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,498
Likes: 36
One thing I've noticed as I get older...I can seem to tolerate the cold as well as I used to.

And I'm just talking about "California" cold. I'm 5'11" and 165lbs...I've been that since shortly after high school...not much insulation. I seem to get chilled to the bone a lot faster now than I remember.


Asus TUF Z790 DDR5 plus Wifi
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel I7 14700k
32gb Ripjaws DDR5 @6000MHz
Nividia 5060 TI OC 16gb
2 NVMe and various Sata SSD drives 6tb
1200watt Seasonic Vertex PSU
______________________________________________________

Oddball from Kelly's Heroes: "If we're late, it's cause we're dead"



Force10 #4673872 12/18/25 08:05 PM
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
Me also Force10, ever since my heart attack a couple of years ago I am always cold so I wear Hoodies all the time ( See the Hoodie thread ). I am 6 feet tall and 170 pounds, same weight I was in HS. I am 71. I think it's common that older people are colder as they age.

Force10 #4673951 12/19/25 09:16 PM
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573
Likes: 11
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573
Likes: 11
I'm watching the "Ironside" series for the second time. Raymond Burr was the key actor who plays Ironside (also played Perry Mason).

This thread got me thinking "how long did the Main Actors live"? The younger ones who played adults (young officers on the side of the Law) should be around 80 (or a bit over) now.

I just checked. Most of them (men and women) died at around age 70 (give or take a couple years)!! Raymond Burr looked the worst health wise on screen (very very obese) -- he lived to 76.

Only one Woman is still alive. She's "just over 80" (no men I define as a Main Actor still live).


Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 24"P (180hz/1080p) + Samsung 32" Odyssey Neo G7 4K 1000R Curved (165Hz/4K/2160p) + 24"P (180hz/1080p), AMD R9-9950X, 64GB [email protected], GIGABYTE X870E AORUS Master MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~58TB storage, 1300W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, EVGA X20 Mouse, W11 Pro
Force10 #4673953 12/19/25 09:26 PM
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
Time waits for no one Allen. I am 71 and take nothing for granted. Cherish every nanosecond with your loved ones, I do. Only thing that you can take with you when it's time is your memories, can't take any of your toys or material things.

Last edited by Terl9999; 12/19/25 09:27 PM.
Force10 #4673956 12/19/25 09:49 PM
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573
Likes: 11
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,573
Likes: 11
I think I mentioned my Mom's success story at least once. But, it does provide hope. So, here it is again.

She had Cancer at age 72. Surgically removed. She never got cancer again.

She needed a Triple Bypass surgery for her heart at age 82. The Dr. refused to do it. He said she'd die in 2 years anyhow. He put her on heart medications.

In her late 80s, both kidneys had failed to what was described as the 20% level. We were told she'd reach 10% in a couple years and die -- nothing they could do. That two years came and went.

In her early 90s, she had a stroke. She had been a Mathematician -- a "numbers wiz". She no longer knew what a number even was!! Tell her 1, 2, 3. She'd say what do those words mean?

At age 94, she was over-prescribed a medication. I was with her frequently back then. About a week after the prescription I noticed she wobbled as she walked. I took her pulse and blood pressure. She was literally dying before my eyes. I dialed 911. They came. Took her to the emergency ward. Her heart was beyond saving. But, they installed a pacemaker in her chest. SHE LIVED!!

Finally at 97, old age got her.

But, the sequence of nominally fatal illnesses lasted 25 YEARS before she was finished.

So, if any of us has a nominally very serious health issue, we could think about her case. She nominally had 5 fatal illnesses on the way to living to be 97!!


Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 24"P (180hz/1080p) + Samsung 32" Odyssey Neo G7 4K 1000R Curved (165Hz/4K/2160p) + 24"P (180hz/1080p), AMD R9-9950X, 64GB [email protected], GIGABYTE X870E AORUS Master MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~58TB storage, 1300W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, EVGA X20 Mouse, W11 Pro
Force10 #4673958 12/19/25 10:10 PM
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
Man Allen that's a lot on your plate. You have been through more than your share, sorry.

Force10 #4674471 01/02/26 11:01 PM
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
Another thing I noticed about getting old, your eyebrows get bushy and unkempt needing some trimming. I tried trimming myself but it didn’t end well, grew back pretty quick. Wife will take a crack at it next. When I tried to trim them myself I ended up looking Uncle Fester from Adam’s Family.

Terl9999 #4674475 01/03/26 02:54 AM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 953
Likes: 26
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 953
Likes: 26
Originally Posted by Terl9999
Another thing I noticed about getting old, your eyebrows get bushy and unkempt needing some trimming. I tried trimming myself but it didn’t end well, grew back pretty quick. Wife will take a crack at it next. When I tried to trim them myself I ended up looking Uncle Fester from Adam’s Family.
Nostril hair and ear hair...it's bad when it gets to the 'tufts' stage....


Currently simming;
GHPC, Tank Squad, Panzer Elite, and one train sim: Run 8.
Trying to escape Tarkov, and roaming around in Incursion' Red River.

Also, Strat-O-Matic basketball season replay 2024 NBA season (Go Raptors! table-top version...with real dice) Gimme da rock!

"Once again we have failed to die."-- old naval toast
Force10 #4674477 01/03/26 03:12 AM
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
You make me laugh Leaf, forgot about those hairs they also build up. My wife got a circular shaver that does a pretty good job on those areas.

Force10 #4674478 01/03/26 03:50 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
My ears are fine but I do have an electric nose hair shaver that I use about once a month. smile

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 01/03/26 03:50 AM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Force10 #4674480 01/03/26 04:41 AM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,152
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,152
Likes: 190
Growing old means hair stops growing where it should and starts growing where it never did before.....


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Force10 #4674481 01/03/26 05:03 AM
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
Ha, Ha F4 that is so true !!!

Force10 #4674482 01/03/26 05:53 AM
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
I turned 49 today.

I don't know WTF happened, as I am not used to being 30 yet, let alone almost 50.

Force10 #4674483 01/03/26 09:04 AM
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,656
Likes: 104
49 you r still a baby Crane Hunter, things started going south for me when I turned 50, diagnosed with Type-1 diabetes. I am 71 now, had Type-1 diabetes for over 21 years and it's kicking my butt now. but I deal with it. Things could always be worse, not complaining. I am still alive and thankful for that. Jesus has always been my friend and by my side. Keep the faith brother.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,909 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1