SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 101 of 107 1 2 … 99 100 101 102 103 … 106 107
DBond #4671746 11/08/25 03:55 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
Yeah poor Oscar, it won't help his morale.

I saw your fantasy choices and thought "dammit" too biggrin

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

DBond #4671747 11/08/25 03:59 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
And of course Bortoleto crashed on the last lap to enure I had my customary DNF. That was a scary crash. Never saw one like that in to Senna S I don't think.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4671840 11/09/25 09:35 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
Now this was a nice race, Bearman impressed me most, loved Piastri trying even if it cost my favorite driver his race. Max from last to podium is , well, almost not a surprise, but what a race he did !

Fantasy wise, we got the right calls, I was lucky to have no DNF and my Hadjar beat Dbond's Hulk in the end, but both drivers had a great race. Ofc, 3x DRS helps and I have a comfortable gap now, but just like for Lando, it ain't done yet !

DBond #4671853 11/10/25 12:54 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
It's done, but you're kind to say I still have a chance. Bortoleto gave me two DNFs so I didn't feel out of place.

Good race yeah, congrats to lando. Fez had a stinker. Good result for Max, who at one stage I thought might win from pit lane, and without that early puncture might have done.

This has been the best class of rookies I can remember. Colapinto is the only one who I think doesn't belong in F1, and he got renewed for next year, Flavio likes that money. Doohan got screwed so big. No way he would have been worse than Colapinto has been. Plus Colapinto brings with him those toxic Argentine fans. Was hoping he'd be gone, and should be.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4672522 11/23/25 06:23 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
Double McLaren disqualification and Max is back in the game, that's just crazy !

Fantasy wise, I stupidly forgot to switch DRSx2 to Lando, and now instead of losing ground I gained a wider gap... sorry.

DBond #4672526 11/23/25 06:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583
Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583
Likes: 39
That is just insane. What a drop by McLaren! dizzy


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop
DBond #4672596 11/24/25 10:28 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
I saw that loop. The fantasy gods smile upon you.

Cool race, I've enjoyed all three Vegas races. It's a great track to drive. This season DRS just hasn't been much of a factor, at least to encourage overtaking, even if it allows cars to stay closer than without it. Tough break for McLaren, but this is something the engineers needs to account for. Every other team passed scrutineering.

Ferrari have surprised me in a negative sense. I couldn't know how Hamilton would get on this year, but yeah, this is rather what I envisioned. But even Leclerc is struggling, so you have to think the car is sh!t. For the final year of a regulation set I expect a firm like Fez will be nailing it and that is far from the case.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4673033 12/04/25 12:56 AM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
Looks like I'm the last one interested this year.

Three contenders for championship at the last GP, this doesn't happen every year does it ?

I have no real favorite, since Charles isn't in the mix, but this will most likely be an exciting week end in abu dhabi !

Oscar did great in Qatar, and it's every papaya for itself, which could lead to decades of ridicule for McLaren.

DBond #4673047 12/04/25 09:08 AM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583
Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583
Likes: 39
Some of the local pundits in my country blast McLaren for not picking a no. 1 driver and because of the Papaya rules, the team is now afraid to take necessary actions, like obvious pit stops because the other driver might be at a disadvantage then. So if they neglect pitting one driver, they’d rather double down on the error than pitting the other driver correctly.

I can see this viewpoint is valid but I kind of respect McLaren for their desire to keep the racing pure and the playing field equal for the two drivers even if the decisions handicap both driver equally.

In 1973 Emerson and Ronnie took points from each other and Stewart took the title. Lotus won the constructors due in part to that sad accident on the Saturday of the US GP.

We rage against team orders when we are aware of them being implemented whether it be in the form of less fuel, 1-2, 2-1, or the plain old ‘Michael is faster than you’.

Yet now we call for team orders.


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop
DBond #4673055 12/04/25 01:48 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
A couple months ago in this thread I said I just hope we get to Abu Dhabi with all three drivers still in it, and here we are.

You can always look back at the season and find instances where if this had happened instead of that, things would be different. But mostly that evens out I'd say. But one thing stands out, and it was Max losing his mind at Catalunya and spearing Russell. Max was running third or fourth when that happened but finished tenth. Those points are looking massive right now.

I'm pulling for Max first, Oscar second, but Lando has it in his hands. That is immense pressure and it will be interesting theater this weekend.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
McGonigle #4673070 12/04/25 06:13 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
Originally Posted by McGonigle
Yet now we call for team orders.

I don't.

But they'll still look ridiculous if Max wins.

DBond #4673071 12/04/25 06:17 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
I wish pilots had no radio, there would be no such problems.

DBond #4673191 12/07/25 02:28 AM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
Hype has started for Cadillac:


DBond #4673210 12/07/25 04:22 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
We have a new world champion, and it's Lando !

He did well under pressure, gave what he had to give , played safe, and deservedly won it.

Max was to win the last race due to Mc Larens fighting each other, and did without too much pressure.

In Formula B, Leclerc did good and tamed the both the old lion roaring up his neck and the brit hunter following the trail.

Fantasy wise, I kinda knew Max was the obvious choice, but didn't want to have the same lead driver as my opponents, so there could be at least some possibility of a fight between fantasy teams. I lost this one, but still made it in the long run, with less pressure than Lando driving

It's been one of the great seasons imho, with a great finale, not too many dirty moves (Yuki's weaving and Liam's agression could have been controversial but Lando handled both calmly and precisely), and a nice fight all season between 3 great drivers.

I hope Oscar gets his own champion title one day too, for he deserves it. Charles first, though biggrin

DBond #4673220 12/07/25 06:55 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
Congrats loop for becoming our first two-time SimHQ F1 Fantasy champion! Well done.

Yeah, Lando kept his cool and did what he had to do. I'm happy for him. New regs next year so maybe none of these guys are in the fastest car, but I hope we see more battles between these three. Sorry to see Yuki go, he's an interesting character. But he got a fair shot in F1 and few can say the same. Hadjar did enough to earn the promotion I think, and all the rookies did really well this year, and that's great to see. I think Colapinto is out of his depth at this level, and honestly I was surprised he got the seat for next year. Doohan got shafted an I doubt he would have done as bad as Colapinto has. F1 is a cutthroat business, but if you're going to have your throat cut you'd at least hope the guy taking your place is a clear upgrade. Doohan's only mistake was not bringing gobs of cash with him.

Great season this, Thanks to everyone for playing fantasy. I wish we had more participation with all entrants, but it is what it is.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4673229 12/07/25 08:52 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
Thanks !

I've been lucky at times, that's all what this fantasy is about.

I just watched Lando's interview:




I already liked him, I think I like him even more.

I still support Charles though biggrin

DBond #4673498 12/13/25 04:02 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,112
Likes: 82
Hard to root against Lando, seems like a good bloke.

I want to give mention to Mercedes, who took second this year, and that's a credit to them. If Red Bull's second car had scored just half of what Antonelli managed, then Red Bull would have been second.

Russell was really good this year. Kimi had his ups and downs, but considering his age I think he did a great job of it this season. Good pairing, and credit to Toto and Merc for having faith, which looks like it will be rewarded for years to come.

Fez finished fourth and that's not good enough. Difficult season, and that is despite maybe being Lerclerc's best year performance wise. Just didn't have the car to make it count.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4673603 12/14/25 10:35 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
Fez hype and hopes for 2026 start in february, and will die in march laser

DBond #4674768 01/08/26 12:04 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,510
Likes: 46
There is PLENTY of good content on formula1, therefore I'm not sharing, that would be too much.

For some reason, I found this one special enough to make an exception.

I don't remember much about that season TBH, but Damon/Schumi rivalry was quite something.

Rather long, but woth it, enjoy !


DBond #4674786 01/08/26 09:34 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583
Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,583
Likes: 39
Classic Clive James, an absolute poet.

And I can’t help thinking of these stats: 1967 - 1995 = 28 years. 1995 - 2026 = 31 years. These drivers were closer to the Jim Clark era than today’s drivers are to the Damon Hill and Schumi era.


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop
Page 101 of 107 1 2 … 99 100 101 102 103 … 106 107

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
How to Decommission Obsolete Robots....
by F4UDash4 - 10/04/26 05:54 PM
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,082,951 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1