|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,103
AKA: "Aces" (Sim123) Senior Member
|
|
AKA: "Aces" (Sim123) Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,103 |
Hi,
Does anyone else have this problem, all other aircraft are fine. I cannot get the view in the Stuka to centre forward. I have mapoped a key to centre track IR and this works v ery well with all other aircraft but the Stuka where it doesn't centre the view facing forward making the aircraft impossible to fly.
Regards
Aces
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
meh Veteran
|
|
meh Veteran
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984 |
You hit f10 and it messed up your default view file. God only knows why they didnt make it ctrl-f10 so that it was harder to do.
You need to go into your plane folder and delete the stucka view file. Then the game will rebuild it and it will center. Then go into settings -> controls -> view find f10 and delete it or remap it to ctrl-f10.
Then NEVER HIT IT AGAIN!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,103
AKA: "Aces" (Sim123) Senior Member
|
|
AKA: "Aces" (Sim123) Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,103 |
Thanks mate, I'll try that although I thought I'd already changed it from F10 to l-shift F10.
Regards
Aces
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 18,549 |
You hit f10 and it messed up your default view file. God only knows why they didnt make it ctrl-f10 so that it was harder to do.
You need to go into your plane folder and delete the stucka view file. Then the game will rebuild it and it will center. Then go into settings -> controls -> view find f10 and delete it or remap it to ctrl-f10.
Then NEVER HIT IT AGAIN! ^^^^ This! Master's post should be stickied for as many times as I've accidentally done it.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 126
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 126 |
Well the F10 part is correct however the delete the file part is NOT. all you need to do is use the INS, HOME, PAGE up, PAGE dn, Del, End keys to adjust your default view.
If you have track IR pause it, then hit F10, adjust with said keys, then hit F10 again to save. Please know what you are talking about before you tell someone to delete something.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,103
AKA: "Aces" (Sim123) Senior Member
|
|
AKA: "Aces" (Sim123) Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,103 |
Thanks guys, Could try this out as the access finished before I could get back in. I didn't delete any files as it looked wrong anyway I'd always back them up before deleting, old habits die hard  . I was aware of the seat adjustment procedure I've used in other aircraft. I'll try and sort this when I'm next in the game. Kind regards Aces
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
meh Veteran
|
|
meh Veteran
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984 |
Well the F10 part is correct however the delete the file part is NOT. all you need to do is use the INS, HOME, PAGE up, PAGE dn, Del, End keys to adjust your default view.
If you have track IR pause it, then hit F10, adjust with said keys, then hit F10 again to save. Please know what you are talking about before you tell someone to delete something. If you want the default view position back then you need to delete the view file. (unless you can no longer do that in BoS?)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984
meh Veteran
|
|
meh Veteran
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,984 |
So, I am not sure you can delete the file and have the game rebuild it. That used to be how it worked with RoF but no clue about BoS. So go into your "gamelocation"/data/LuaScripts/snapviews folder and find the one that is broken. Then open it in notepad and restore the proper settings. Here is a good topic on how it works in RoF. http://riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=393&t=40277
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,103
AKA: "Aces" (Sim123) Senior Member
|
|
AKA: "Aces" (Sim123) Senior Member
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,103 |
Thanks for your help I've sorted it out.
I backed up and deleted ju87d3.svc and ju87d3_t.svc. The game re-made ju87d3.svc but not the other. I'm guessing that the second file is for the turret view as only turreted aircraft seem to have one. I used the controls to change the seat position and saved tham. I have F10 mapped to pilot head position front and also to TrackIR centre and checked that I had changed the save seat position from F10 to l-shift F10.
Regards
Aces
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,064 Likes: 19
It's KRT not Kurt Hotshot
|
|
It's KRT not Kurt Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,064 Likes: 19 |
This works with my problem as well, deleted the snap view and it fixed itself
Win 11 Pro MSI B450M-A PRO MAX AM4 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz (4.25 GHz Max Boost) 95W Desktop Processor 16GB RAM MSI GTX 1070 8Gb
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 20
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 20 |
I use fixcameras (in .... :\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\LuaScripts\worldobjects\fixcameras\planes) and edited most planes txt files like this:
AlbatrosD5.txt example. -------------------------------------------------------------------- // attach ID should be in range from 100 to 110 // first number is forward - backward (bigger is forward) // second number is height (bigger is higher) // third number is left - right (negative is left) // rotation values : 1st along X-longitudinal, 2nd along Y-vertical, 3rd along Z-look up-down)
[attach=100] // forward view 1.4m high above pilot's head position = 0,1.4,0 rotation = 0, 0, 0 object = "LuaScripts/WorldObjects/GoProCamera75.txt" [end]
[attach=101 // Forward camera located on the vertical fin position = -3.820,0.806,0 rotation = 0, 0, -10 convex = "VO" object = "LuaScripts/WorldObjects/GoProCamera90.txt" [end]
[attach=102] // Forward camera located on the horizontal fin position = -3.688,0.471,-1.391 rotation = 0, 0, 0 convex = "GO_L" object = "LuaScripts/WorldObjects/GoProCamera90.txt" [end]
[attach=103] // Backward camera located on the engine cowling position = 1.354,0.586,-0.647 rotation = 0, 150, 0 object = "LuaScripts/WorldObjects/GoProCamera90.txt" [end]
[attach=104] // Side camera located on wing position = 1.025,0.717,-3.860 rotation = 0, 100, 0 convex = "Krilo_Top_L_3" object = "LuaScripts/WorldObjects/GoProCamera90.txt" [end]
[attach=105] // Forward camera located below the plane tail position = -3.768,-0.168,-0.272 rotation = 0, 0, 0 convex = "Fuse_3" object = "LuaScripts/WorldObjects/GoProCamera90.txt" [end] --------------------
Then you can use L-Alt F2 and zoom to use an above the cockpit view, especially with FC planes useful.
PS for a Stuka i would use this: [attach=100] // Gun camera over the cockpit position = 0.5, 1.2, 0.0 rotation = 0, 0, 0 convex = "WingL_Mid_0" object = "LuaScripts/WorldObjects/GoProCamera75.txt"
Last edited by Jack_of_Spades; 11/03/25 02:09 PM.
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
|
|
|