SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 99 of 107 1 2 … 97 98 99 100 101 … 106 107
DBond #4668223 08/31/25 04:13 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
What a race indeed !!!!!

I'm very sad for Charles and Lando, but what a great day for midfielders !

That passes from Max and Charles were spectacular.

Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

DBond #4668280 09/01/25 01:42 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
For a race with no overtaking it was still pretty good. Threat of rain and safety cars spiced it up.

Congrats to Oscar who didn't put a foot wrong. That's a gut punch for Lando.

Over the past couple of months it looked like it was Bortoleto who was gaining the upper hand in the rookie of the year battle. But Hadjar said watch this. What a result.

Ferrari with a double DNF and their nightmare season continues.

In fantasy I lost a little ground to rollnloop, but it was looking far worse half-way through the race. The safety cars though allowed both Aston Martins to finish in the points and in the end it wasn't too bad.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4668466 09/05/25 11:26 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
Monza !

I hope Fez can have a good race and forget Zandvoort.

DBond #4668530 09/07/25 03:57 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
Fez didn't do bad, but Max !

I was surprised by his pole position, and even more by his dominance on the race.

20 seconds ahead of 2nd place ????????

DBond #4668532 09/07/25 04:06 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
Fantasy wise, Alonso's DNF cost me dearly twice, since I had Aston as constructor as well.

I feel DBond's breath over my neck !

DBond #4668672 09/10/25 12:48 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
Hey sorry I haven't been around much. My son has been in and out of the hospital over the past month and we lost his mother in January so I'm a single dad and have been there with him. I did manage to get fantasy set up on my phone and made a useful change to Williams from Aston Martin which paid off.

Congrats to max who was flawless and I didn't expect the Red Bull to drive away from the McLarens but that's what he did. That could bode well for Baku too if they can run a low downforce configuration there.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4668676 09/10/25 02:21 PM
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Motorius Emeritus
Senior Member
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,582
Likes: 39
So sorry for you loss, mate. Words are just inadequate in such times. Hoping for brighter days ahead.


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop
DBond #4668710 09/10/25 09:55 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
I'm so sorry to read this DBond, condolences for your loss and speedy recovery to your son.

DBond #4668752 09/11/25 12:01 PM
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
Condolences for your loss DBond.

Hope your son is doing well and will have a speady recovery.


“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
DBond #4668923 09/15/25 12:22 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
Thank you gentlemen. We are finally free of the hospital and home. It's been an ordeal, but that's how life goes. I appreciate the good wishes.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4668929 09/15/25 04:04 PM
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
That` s very good news DBond.


“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
DBond #4668936 09/15/25 09:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
Happy to read this.

Enjoy this week, and hopefully next race.

DBond #4669058 09/18/25 12:15 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
Thanks gentlemen. Back to work, my son is back to school, so hoping for smoother waters ahead.

Baku!!


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4669062 09/18/25 01:40 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
That's good.

Now Baku, let's see what it brings.

This is a surprising year, so I expect the unexpected smile

DBond #4669298 09/23/25 02:08 AM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
Well, I expected the result, just not hard enough.

Piastri costs me in fantasy, fortunately it's the same for my closest rival.

Max's comeback is crazy, could there be a 3 men championship contest in the end ?

Carlos got a williams podium before Lewis got one in his Fez, let that sink in....

DBond #4669364 09/24/25 12:10 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
I had Sainz in the team for weeks and he was sh!t. I drop him and he runs to the podium. I've talked about it before but I feel like the ship captain chasing splashes but the next round is a hit anyway.

It's fun to see Max getting back in to it a bit, and it is making McLaren sweat. But I think the gap is too big. If McLaren blow this it will be a massive choke.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4669875 10/04/25 12:03 AM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
Singapore new layout, will it bring overtakes ?

DBond #4669902 10/04/25 12:15 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
I'd bet the answer is no smile

But this race can have attrition, remember George just driving straight in to the wall last year or the year before. It's rarely a good race here, but the setting is fantastic and it is F1, so it's still a spectacle.

I have to hand it to Mekies. When Horner left I worried about the team, but under Mekies, they have had a resurgence. Max has never won here, but suddenly the Red Bull looks good on this high-heat, high-downforce, bumpy track, which they couldn't handle previously Now the Red Bull looks good on high speed tracks and low speed tracks. Pretty remarkable. I don't know, of course, how much of this is down to Mekies, but it happened after he arrived and if he is going to get the stick when things don't go well, he should get praise when it does.

Good luck, we are in the home stretch now


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
DBond #4669923 10/04/25 04:19 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
R
Senior Member
Senior Member
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 4,490
Likes: 46
Yeah Mekies seems to have appeased things right now, and a new confidence is coming.

Tsunoda still lags behind, but less far maybe ?

George had a great quali, there might be sparks on the first lap !

Grats on playing Max, I had thought about doing it but chose stability on this front, since I moved on others.

DBond #4669924 10/04/25 04:42 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,105
Likes: 81
Same to you for Aston

Had a hunch Max would outscore Piastri this week, so I took a punt. Otherwise my team was poor. But the big points are won on Sunday, and the farther back your drivers, the more potential to score big points. Not looking so good now, but we will see at the checkered flag


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Page 99 of 107 1 2 … 97 98 99 100 101 … 106 107

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,605 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1