SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 58 of 66 1 2 … 56 57 58 59 60 … 65 66
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
Right now I'm practically "feature complete" more or less with the EricJ Helicopter Pack. I really don't have much to add and feel that maybe I can take a good long break from it, hence the two updates today. I was going to post tomorrow but decided to upload it and get it over with, so I can walk away from it for a while until something new comes along and the like. As for other mods, I still have to work on the Kiowa, and tomorrow going to hit it with an attempt to color it better. What templates I have I can do something with it and see if I can't get the right color and get that finished. Not much else is planned and that means probably a few missions in the works down the road and the like. Not much on the plate really, so that's a good thing, but tomorrow the Kiowa at least, get it settled and see what happens. There are some issues with the mapping since the colors don't cover the whole aircraft, I'll post a screenshot of what I'm talking about in my WIP thread when I can. Other than that, not much else is planned for now.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
ADuke Kiowa Warrior Alpha


AC22
- Should have correct camo pattern now

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
With the tapering off of the mods and such, most of the work will focus on the Kiowa and whatever comes along. Right now I'm considering moving the Kiowa from "Alpha" status to maybe at least a workable mod. I don't know when but soon (I don't want to piss off the people at the Arma Discord for another quick update of the same mod and such) I'll take if off it. What's left to do? The GAU-19 is on the list, and have to sit down and find workable reference images. I'm focusing on what was in service. I know of the ATAS and the like, but I don't consider it as actually deployed, as well other than tests it was to my knowledge issued to line units and was used. I'm more familiar with the Hellfires, rockets, and guns. I think now that the mod is almost complete as is, so will go from an "AC" designation to an "RC" designation, and will start off with next update, which will probably be when I get the GAU-19 done. Currently I have other things on my mind, such as the death of my father due to natural complications. There are a few other things going on in other places right now and I'm a bit distracted, so a day off or so from modding might be what I need. Again any commentary is welcome as I do like the limited feedback I get from you all.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
ADuke Kiowa Warrior

RC1
Full fledged mod

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
Right now I got no updated projects to work on, and that's kind of nice. I contacted a contact on LinkedIn about the GAU-19, and after doing some thinking, that if the Kiowa only had 30 of them issued, and really not used, I'm not going to kill myself over it. I mean it's a fielded item, but with the amount of them made versus how many helos were made, doesn't really instill some priority, and finding decent ref shots is a pain, so for now (until I change my mind), I'm going to hold off on it, and worry about the HeliSim project, in which I'll do the flight model. Right now no other projects are in the future, maybe the SA-2 Samson if ADuke gets it to me, but I don't have any missions planned to port, but if you do have a request I can see what I can do, but it'll be the "Pilot XX" series, and nothing real custom. Again I'm always open for feedback but right now I don't have much to do but hope I think of something for a mod, or whatnot, but I've been feeling sick and a death in the family sorta wiped me out this week, among other reasons. So anyway, I'll just chill and see what comes up in the future.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
EricJ Weapons Pack


RC113
- Removed a CfgFactions error with the removed Taliban units


https://drive.google.com/file/d/10RiVopWlcDDN1wGft-hiGquP2moMAwuw/view?usp=sharing

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
EricJ Helicopter Pack


RC117
- Tweaked threat values, enemy AI should be more violent towards the UH/MH-60/92s. I didn't change the civilian birds because well, they're civilian and don't need to be shot at. This is just a QOL update. More than likely I'll update when a new patch comes out for compatibility and so on.


https://drive.google.com/file/d/10RoVbj-hTePeY51QXrOIfaRNw2AZ3obk/view?usp=sharing

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
ADuke Kiowa Warrior


RC2
- Added some RVMATs to the pylons, and M3P

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
EricJ Taliban Units


RC25
- Changed the heads of the Taliban and Afghan Civilians to look more white than Persian/Iranian

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
Not much going on with modding. ADuke hasn't said anything at all about the SA-2, and right now just making tweaks to the mods here and there. For the most part the Kiowa is "done", and I can look at other things now. I don't know what is next, because I haven't thought of anything. I may look into the slingload camera for the helos in my EricJ Helicopter Pack and fixing it a bit, making it more like the CH-67, which was the intent with me going over it, but still not satisfied with it. Other news I'm looking for a modder who can do a standalone DSHKA for me, for the Taliban Fighters (formerly Units, I know it's above) as I tried to make a configged .50 (raised) for the mod, but it didn't work out too well, and maybe if somebody could help with configging it, I would appreciate it though if somebody can send me a config that allows me to do that. Otherwise, I am looking for a completed model (good quality as well of course), that the Taliban can use for missions, and for a few missions I'm working on (the Pilot XX missions in Clafghan) to add some flavor, and so on. Otherwise I'm chilling out working on stories for Inkspired, and so on.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
EricJ Taliban Fighters


RC26
- Added a functioning DSHKM machinegun, currently a "raised" version. Most of the original A2 anims are not working, but I figured that you'd be being shot at rather than always using, so I didn't see the anims as a priority. If user feedback wants this, I'll see what I can do.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
EricJ Helicopter Pack


RC118
- Added IR target and Radar size values to the helos, to include the AH-96 and S-94s, MH-67, as well as the MH/UH-60/92s


https://drive.google.com/file/d/10ScOXHbDlz1E_TaRtKG-G1KM84LXylxQ/view?usp=sharing

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
Other than the last update to the EricJ Helicopter Pack I have nothing (well the SA-2 Samson) on the horizon. I've been toying with HVT names for the EricJ Taliban Fighters mod, as I'm sure some Afghanistan veterans have some ideas (Haji Matin was in my area when I was there, and he died I think some years ago, so there's that) of names, so if you served and want to add a personal touch to the mod for missions then let me know as I'm open for some ideas on how to add them and such. One fictional name is Gul Mohammed as that popped in my head while typing this. As for everything else nothing needs as far as I know needs to be worked on. All mods are somewhat complete so I can sit back, and do nothing but read and other things while I try and figure out what next to do. I don't have much planned other than the SA-2 Samson, so whenever ADuke gets that to me, I'll get that out as well. My plans are for a standalone mod rather than part of the EricJ Helicopter Pack. I know I have Avatar-like helos in it, but I feel people would like it without requiring a large download, and it seems fitting that it should be its own mod. I know for a fact it'll not have any guns on it (like the doorguns on the ones in the movie), so first it will be unarmed, and if some enterprising modder wants to model the doorguns, please let me know and I'll incorporate them into the mod for an armed version. It will have some kind of forward rocket pod in the front as well, as I can do that so you'll have something, or I'll just allow the BIS weapons as a short-term thing. Given the engine and how it's not possible to have pylon weapons and manned doorguns (I learned that from the Helicopter Pack) in the same model, but I'll see what can happen if BIS either works on it, or it stays as is.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
ADuke Kiowa Warrior


RC3
- Fixed gimbal issue with the MMS view Optic mode
- Removed a missing texture error

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
EricJ Taliban Fighters


RC27
- Changed the unit type manning the DSHKM
- Added a new HVT, Gul Mohammed
- Added a "Special Activities Division" faction, with only two units, a Team Leader and Operator. I may add more but so far it's just those two units. Again any feedback for the units would be appreciated. Again if you don't like it make your own units using your own modset, so you can have the best experience possible.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
EricJ Helicopter Pack


RC119
- Fixed a gimbal issue with the View Optic Mode for the relevant aircraft.


https://drive.google.com/file/d/10_ne6tegvnmd9qwwYzbvdFZkkcQ5rITj/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by EricJ; 11/22/24 10:33 PM.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
EricJ Helicopter Pack


RC120
- Sliding doors are now permanently closed due to the fact that they only open halfway. While I could simply just enable the FFV points to the side that opens, I felt that it was better to close them off, and remove the FFV positions. Until a fix happens they will remain closed. The framework is still available in case I can revisit this capability. Until then they will remain permanently closed.


https://drive.google.com/file/d/10bYUVLyy2GptUFevlOn5PD1e0MCUp8y4/view?usp=sharing

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
EricJ Taliban Fighters


RC28
- Added a new HVT, Gilbudeen Hikmatyaar by request
- Added a new unit for the Special Activities Division faction, this time a JTAC, with datalink capabilities.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
EricJ Weapons Pack


RC114
- TF Black JTAC now has a datalink capability


https://drive.google.com/file/d/10d0J7hnHQhq3yx_JR9yxTA6TlsEtQsEF/view?usp=sharing

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
F
Me, just me.
Member
Me, just me.
Member
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,461
Likes: 8
EricJ Helicopter Pack


RC121
- TF 562 JTAC has default datalink enabled.


https://drive.google.com/file/d/10kS4TDAQl8pwT4jhHNN0pgzqrcjtFnqc/view?usp=sharing

Page 58 of 66 1 2 … 56 57 58 59 60 … 65 66

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,366 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1